This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something has bothered me since the beginning of Pokemon

#61Eternal_WakePosted 11/26/2012 9:49:04 PM
EchoPhoenix posted...

So yeah, the Journal entries mention that Mew gave birth to Mewtwo, so at some point, an embryo was involved. I don't see any reason to ignore those Journal entries, either, since they don't contradict the Pokedex. And if anything, the Journal entries should take priority over the Pokedex entries, because the Journals were written by Mewtwo's creator.

I never said that the journals should be ignored, I merely stated that many players haven't taken the time out to read the in-game journals because they're more concerned with leveling up their team and beating the game. There's nothing wrong with learning about the history of Pokemon through in-game books, I personally love learning more about the history and origins of Pokemon through the games, however as a 7 year old first playing Yellow Version I really wasn't as hyped to read any of the in-game journals as I would be today. This brings us to where we are today where the poster of this topic had no other prior knowledge of Mewtwo's history other than the first movie, whereas I've seen practically almost all of the movies, the majority of the tv series (I stopped after they came out with Ruby/Sapphire series) and from what I've read in the Pokedex entries. But you are right about the fact of how I shouldn't mix those various information.

No offense taken, and I hope none's given either.

None was taken either, this has been a good learning experience for both myself and hopefully the creator of the topic.
---
PSN: Elemental_Bliss
Do What You Do Best!!!
#62WilhuffTarkinPosted 11/26/2012 10:05:15 PM
Just started reading the topic, and something occurred to me:

Blingya25 posted...

Either way I would just possibly say it's just cloned, because The Return of Mewtwo's pre-movie scenes showed it being cloned along with the three starters and the professor's daughter which died in the movie which caused Mewtwo to be lonely which caused him to seek friends which caused him to realize that humans were evil (because the first human connection was with Giovanni of Team Rocket) which lead to Pokemon: The First Movie.

Or something like that.

Mewtwo is Shadow the Hedgehog.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#63Eternal_WakePosted 11/26/2012 11:17:00 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Just started reading the topic, and something occurred to me:

Blingya25 posted...

Either way I would just possibly say it's just cloned, because The Return of Mewtwo's pre-movie scenes showed it being cloned along with the three starters and the professor's daughter which died in the movie which caused Mewtwo to be lonely which caused him to seek friends which caused him to realize that humans were evil (because the first human connection was with Giovanni of Team Rocket) which lead to Pokemon: The First Movie.

Or something like that.

Mewtwo is Shadow the Hedgehog.

Very well said sir. Very well said.
---
PSN: Elemental_Bliss
Do What You Do Best!!!
#64KingCrInuYashaPosted 11/26/2012 11:30:49 PM
At least Mewtwo's reputation is more or less intact. Other than that, yeah, he is Shadow. It's obvious Sega had about a year or so between the release of the first Pokémon movie in Japan and whenever they started on Sonic Adventure 2 to get their inspiration.
---
"This is the strangest life I've ever known" - Jim Morrison