This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is fighting weak to flying?

#11BurgerTime79Posted 11/2/2012 2:05:55 AM
TherianReturns posted...
Anyone that says punching birds needs to get a clue. Birds have nothing to do with the flying type. Bird type was just a mistranslation.

Flying type should be interpreted as the wind type. Punching wind is not very effective..you try it. Now flying resisting fighting makes sense.

There are different was of looking at it. Don't tell us to get a clue just because you mentioned another way.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#12TherianReturnsPosted 11/2/2012 2:07:48 AM
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
Anyone that says punching birds needs to get a clue. Birds have nothing to do with the flying type. Bird type was just a mistranslation.

Flying type should be interpreted as the wind type. Punching wind is not very effective..you try it. Now flying resisting fighting makes sense.

There are different was of looking at it. Don't tell us to get a clue just because you mentioned another way.

Sorry lol I just think that flying type involving birds is stupid. GF rename it Wind type, next gen, K?
---
If you don't like me, it's natural. Mortals are jealous of the superior.
#13Bass50Posted 11/2/2012 2:09:54 AM
TherianReturns posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Sorry lol I just think that flying type involving birds is stupid. GF rename it Wind type, next gen, K?

Seriously, then why is every bird in the series at least part flying type?
#14SephirothtPosted 11/2/2012 2:20:42 AM
Bass50 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Because they Fly. Therian is right in that Flying-type =/= Bird-type, but it's not a Wind-type.
It's more focused on being airborne.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#15_Snowx_Posted 11/2/2012 2:21:34 AM
Bass50 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Like Piplup and Torchic?
#16beebarbPosted 11/2/2012 2:22:21 AM
TherianReturns posted...

FYI, "Bird Type" was never a mistranslation, it was presumably the prototype Flying type. Evidence of this can be observed in Generation I's code, through glitches.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitch_types#Bird
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ixnwEe5C1qg1zm3o1_500.png
http://wiki.marriland.com/wiki/Bird_type_%28Glitch%29
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#17Bass50Posted 11/2/2012 2:28:31 AM
_Snowx_ posted...
Bass50 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Like Piplup and Torchic?

My mistake, nearly every bird.
#18KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/2/2012 6:19:35 AM
The "try to punch a bird" thing only explains why flying resists fighting, not why fighting is weak to flying.

I mean, if the bird comes right up to your face and starts pecking you, wouldn't you be able to knock it away?
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#19Reno_TarshilPosted 11/2/2012 6:22:36 AM
_Snowx_ posted...
Bass50 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
BurgerTime79 posted...
TherianReturns posted...

Like Piplup and Torchic?

To be fair Penguins and Chickens are incapable of flight or very limited gliding.
---
"Man who stand on toilet, is high on pot."
Official Escavalier of the B2/W2 Boards!
#20AmesangPosted 11/2/2012 6:29:07 AM(edited)
Sephirotht posted...
Ever heard of those who have the higher ground, have the advantage?

That didn't save General Grievous. T_T

EDIT: Or Darth Maul, now that I think about it.
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone