This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The "Magnemite Coil" Topic V3: We're like the energizer bunny...

#1CalwynPosted 11/2/2012 6:22:55 PM
...we just keep going and going and going and going! Topic number three (after a delay, sorry about that) is finally here! And with it comes all the information you need to help the cause!

=====

As you may have heard, Black 2 and White 2 both have a new area called Join Avenue:

http://serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

This area, with sufficient growth, can contain many shops and be a good way to acquire many items. But to make Join Avenue in your game grow, you have to connect with different people... a lot. Each trade, each battle, each connection you make furthers the development of Join Avenue in both players' games. But now, there's a way that we can all work together to boost Join Avenue's status in everyone's B2/W2 games! I call it... the "Magnemite Coil"

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon/081.png
Magnemite is a common Pokemon found in the Virbank Complex area, which is very early in the game and easily accessible. To begin the Coil, it will take many people and many Magnemites. Here's what you can do to help:

Step 1) Catch 2-3 wild Magnemites. Natures, stats, and other info doesn't matter.
Step 2) Put one of your Magnemites up for trade in the Global Trade Station (GTS) and ask for any other Magnemite in return.
Step 3) While waiting for this trade to go through, go on the GTS again and search for the Magnemites of other trainers who are participating in the Coil. Trade one of your other Magnemites for this one.
Step 4) After both trades go through, you should have two new Magnemites from two different trainers, and also more visitors in your Join Avenue.
Step 5) Simply do the process over and over by repeatedly trading your newly-acquired Magnemites for new ones on the GTS. After enough time in the cycle, you may have seen 20-30 different Magnemites from many different nations across the world!
NOTE) As you trade Magnemites, feel free to attach items that you think could help out other members of the Coil. If you are lucky enough to have contracted the Pokerus in your game, you could even pass that beneficial condition to other trainers through the Magnemite Coil as well!
NOTE 2) As mentioned by F2l2o2r2i2s in topic one, apparently you can only have a max of 12 pending visitors in your Join Avenue at a time. This means that you should go back to Join Avenue and sort through your visitors after every 12 or so trades you make.

Using this process, all of us can build up our Join Avenue areas to great heights together, and we could even meet and learn about new people through the Magnemites we receive. So whether you want to see your Join Avenue reach its greatest heights, or if you merely want to find a couple new friends... join the Magnemite Coil!

Because through the Coil... we are all connected!
---
They took for granted your soul... and it's ours now to steal!
http://i.imgur.com/mIlem.jpg
#2LightningHawk90Posted 11/2/2012 6:23:56 PM
Wonder if anyone has gotten any of my 5 "RageKaiser" magnemites floating around.
---
Pokemon white FC: 0003 4423 2595
#3BlazingFighterPosted 11/2/2012 6:28:23 PM
Alright, let's get this party started!

As my first post here, I'll kick off the Coil party! And what better way to do that than serve ICE CREAM!?!

I'm now sending out 6 Magnemite named "PartyTime!" holding Casteliacones! Enjoy your ice cream, everyone!
---
Huh? You want a signature?
Meh, I'll think of one tomorrow.
#4lazycomplifePosted 11/2/2012 6:29:11 PM
fourth
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#5MugilokoPosted 11/2/2012 6:31:37 PM
I wonder how active this will be when i get the game.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#6TranquilSeaPosted 11/2/2012 6:36:11 PM
Magnemites I've kept from the coil so far: All-mite-y, Ms.Magnet, Plankton, and /vp/oreon, and a few others without nicknames. One even had a thank you mail attached (which irked me at first because my party was full and I couldn't accept it).
---
And fan the flames as your blazes burn.
#7FefnirOmega13Posted 11/2/2012 6:47:29 PM
I find that going "ANY" for the region sticks me with inactive japanese players who still haven't confirmed their trades, so I'm going to poach the USA magnemites for a while.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#85ky_4nth3mPosted 11/2/2012 6:48:58 PM
hmm.. need to come up with a nickname and some sort of gift ASAP =P
#9lazycomplifePosted 11/2/2012 6:49:08 PM
Mugiloko posted...
I wonder how active this will be when i get the game.

I thought you had the game. You've been here since I got here.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#10Calwyn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 6:49:41 PM
Magnemites I've kept from the coil so far: All-mite-y, Ms.Magnet, Plankton, and /vp/oreon, and a few others without nicknames. One even had a thank you mail attached (which irked me at first because my party was full and I couldn't accept it).

I've gotten one called All-Mite-y before. He's still in my box since he came with Pokerus.
---
They took for granted your soul... and it's ours now to steal!
http://i.imgur.com/mIlem.jpg