This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that still bother you as a longtime fan.

#41Gardevoir47Posted 11/2/2012 9:30:12 PM
brinetold posted...
Argue? No. It's a plain and simple question. I'm always curious about why are we even considering something that is deemed bad...I never find the answer to that.

This depends on what you mean by bad.

Explain please.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#42brinetoldPosted 11/2/2012 9:36:21 PM
For example, your example. If hanging people in a pokemon game is bad (morally, if we went that way), why are we still considering using it (even as an example) as part of the plots?

I think too much.
---
Black2: 3354 - 2028 - 7676
#43Gardevoir47Posted 11/2/2012 9:43:20 PM
brinetold posted...
For example, your example. If hanging people in a pokemon game is bad (morally, if we went that way), why are we still considering using it (even as an example) as part of the plots?

I think too much.

Yup. 1 1/3 lines of text is thinking too much.

If they ever try to make a more mature Pokemon game WITHOUT encouraging peta, then...

Maybe?
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#44EchorusPosted 11/2/2012 9:44:17 PM
Stuff that has bothered me for as long as I can remember: Lack of multiple save files.

Stuff I just dislike:

New stuff that bothers me: Lack of Secret Bases. Secret Bases + Challenge Mode may actually be quite a challenge, depending on AI and Pokemon of your friend(s).
Cannot buy stones for cheap anymore :(

(Optional: Competitive Scene:)
#45skrilla88Posted 11/2/2012 9:49:16 PM
The fanbase bothers me. I have very little issues with the product.
#46DarkDragon386Posted 11/2/2012 10:19:40 PM
I'll hijack a few things in the topic. A lot of these have more to do with the fanbase, but some are aimed at the product.

Stuff that has bothered me for as long as I can remember:
-The overwhelming popularity of the Fire and Dragon types. Sure, I like them too, but they're really overrated.

-The fans who constantly say something sucks because it has a dual weakness. (I'm looking at the Gyarados gets murdered with electric, so it sucks" camp. But, any one will do)

-The idiots who need to act like real BAMFs on the internet. ("Hardy, hardy, har, my Charizard can make you eat ****. I solo'd FireRed with it, something that you noobs couldn't do).

-Genwunners

-Gyarados not getting a good flying attack besides bounce, which seems to miss so much for its lower power

-Only ever getting a shiny Murkrow all the way back in Gold.

New stuff that bothers me:
-The obvious linear direction that BW sends you in with poor excuses. "We're studying this bridge to see how many people it can hold"

-The horde of caves in Gen IV

-Fire/Fighting started
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#47GastroidPosted 11/2/2012 10:22:32 PM
The overabundance of Psychic-type legendaries. Oh, and legendaries with Pressure as their ability. Oh, and Phione. Where the hell does it exist?
---
Dukkha Syroid
Servant of Gemini
#48Capitan_KidPosted 11/2/2012 10:24:39 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...
I'll hijack a few things in the topic. A lot of these have more to do with the fanbase, but some are aimed at the product.

Stuff that has bothered me for as long as I can remember:
-The overwhelming popularity of the Fire and Dragon types. Sure, I like them too, but they're really overrated.

-The fans who constantly say something sucks because it has a dual weakness. (I'm looking at the Gyarados gets murdered with electric, so it sucks" camp. But, any one will do)

-The idiots who need to act like real BAMFs on the internet. ("Hardy, hardy, har, my Charizard can make you eat ****. I solo'd FireRed with it, something that you noobs couldn't do).

-Genwunners

-Gyarados not getting a good flying attack besides bounce, which seems to miss so much for its lower power

-Only ever getting a shiny Murkrow all the way back in Gold.

-The obvious linear direction that BW sends you in with poor excuses. "We're studying this bridge to see how many people it can hold"

-The horde of caves in Gen IV

-Fire/Fighting started

How can you hate on the fire type lovers when there are so few fire types?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
#49Trailblazer34Posted 11/2/2012 11:43:48 PM
Stuff that has bothered me for as long as I can remember: Zangoose. Cut. It's absurd how it still cannot learn it when the "Zan" in its name means "Cut"! Obligatory "Flareon needs Flare Blitz", as well.

Stuff I just dislike: The script for each game. It all just comes across as generic placeholder dialogue, with no real wit or substance, though the story for each game isn't the point, its really all about the gameplay, so yeah...

New stuff that bothers me: POKEMON. MUSICALS. What's the ******* point? Also Conkeldurr's design. Holy **** is it ugly...
#50Trailblazer34Posted 11/2/2012 11:45:25 PM
DarkDragon386 posted...

-Fire/Fighting starters

THIS.