This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Things that still bother you as a longtime fan.

#51MizunoRyuuPosted 11/3/2012 1:10:59 AM
There are a few things I don't like about the series:

Too much limited content. "Oh, you think that Pokemon's cool? Well too bad, because you have to give it this item and trade it with someone then trade it back to yourself to obtain it". Like, seriously, what even is the point? Would it hurt them to make Pokemon evolve just by levelling up holding the blasted item instead? Also, "Oh, you want a Leafeon? Well too bad because Moss Rock doesn't exist in this game."

The "rare" encounters in B/W... When they say that, they're not kidding. I swear, I've come across more shinies naturally than I've come across those guys.

Roaming legendaries, you can simply never be prepared for one to smack you in the face.

Also, the whole competitive scene is ridiculous. EVs and IVs? Too tedious. Give me a nature, gender and ability, and that's about all the micromanaging I could care to do.

Breeding is fine to get a good egg move, but how am I supposed to know what egg move I want, and what Pokemon I want it on, and what its father should be if I want it to learn said move? Far too complicated...

Pokemon used to be enjoyable using only basic knowledge of the game's mechanics. Now there's so many weird things to do, and even more limits to what you can do within an actual, casual gaming session.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#52The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/3/2012 1:25:27 AM
lazycomplife posted...
I don't like the grid style movement. I wish it controlled more like lttp.

Yeah, that'd be really nice.

I also dislike having to re-cut down and re-smash trees and rocks that I've already cleared with an HM. It'd be nice to be able to clear every path in the game and have it stay cleared.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#53BenzychenzPosted 11/3/2012 1:38:50 AM
It bothers me that they refuse to 'retcon' things, and every time they add a new evo/pre evo they add a new evolution/breeding method.
Incenses, no leaf stone for leafeon etc.
---
I don't have a sig
#54blazeairPosted 11/3/2012 1:42:45 AM
No more contests best minigame ever. :(
---
Vita PSN: Blazeaire 3DS FC: 5112-4721-7123
Black 2 FC: 1550 3066 3205
#55Sid_StarkillerPosted 11/3/2012 3:13:52 AM
Benzychenz posted...
It bothers me that they refuse to 'retcon' things, and every time they add a new evo/pre evo they add a new evolution/breeding method.
Incenses, no leaf stone for leafeon etc.

---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.