This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who here has never encountered a wild shiny?

#31GastroFanPosted 11/3/2012 9:34:15 AM
I encountered a shiny Wurmple in Heart Gold during the bug catching contest and a second in White 1 on Route 15, a shiny Tyranitar. Before that I didn't run into any unless someone gave me one in trade; haven't bumped into a shiny in White 2 either.

Official Cresselia of the B/W2 Boards; when will there be an official Cresselia event?
Official Darkrai of the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth Board
#32ShadowEspionagePosted 11/3/2012 9:40:29 AM
I have never encountered a shiny (besides Gyarados) and I started with Pokemon Red.
---
I'm fairly confident that the CoD series can't get any worse than Black Ops. Unless, of course... Treyarch makes Black Ops 2... zombie95
#33Kitsune_ShinraPosted 11/3/2012 9:45:40 AM
Only shiny I ever found in the wild instead of being given was a shiny swinub back in crystal. I caught it cuz I thought it was a mess up in my game. Then I learned what a shiny was and the chances to get one, and was thrilled.
---
White FC: 2064 8774 3275 name : Janelle
White 2 FC : 4342 0616 9985 name: Janelle
#34xyzmanPosted 11/3/2012 9:46:33 AM
No shinies besides the obvious event ones in GSC. Game gods must hate me much for promotion of cheating back in R/S days. Or maybe because I am color-blind and miss obvious color differences that other people notice. Or because as soon as I get access to Super Repels, I use them as much as I can.
---
In vodka veritas
#35Missingno_MastrPosted 11/3/2012 9:48:22 AM
MogMoogle1 posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
I wish you all luck, as it's truly a great feeling to find a Shiny in the wild. I know this from experience, but for the sake of not inciting jealousy, I'm not going to say much more than that.

Maybe... unless this happens to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRt-SMFnKZI&hd=1

Ah. Make no mistake, I'm no stranger to when Shiny encounters go bad. My very first Shiny encounter? I couldn't catch it. It was a Zigzagoon, but not at the beginning of the game- no, this one appeared immediately after I wasted all my Poke Balls on a Manectric. Then there was the Ditto in Gold I had to watch Struggle itself to death after I ran out of Poke Balls in the attempt to catch it... And the Crawdaunt in the Battle Tower... Ugh, and the Ekans in the Safari Zone, I don't think I need to go into detail on that one.
---
I can help a dull day go by so much faster,
For I'm the rhyming fiend known as Missingno. Master.
#36kwando1313Posted 11/3/2012 10:01:36 AM
I have never seen a wild shiny. However, I have somehow contracted Pokérus. Weird, huh.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#37NeoNaviZeroPosted 11/3/2012 10:12:04 AM
Only ones I've gotten without the aid of the Poké Radar are a Carvanha (accidentally deleted the Emerald file with it. :( ) and a Ledian in the Dreamyard in White.

Had to actually use the Master Ball on Ledian when it got to low health since it knew Double-Edge.
---
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams
#38Brandon042487Posted 11/3/2012 10:15:54 AM
The only shiny I've encountered that wasn't scripted was a Numel in Sapphire and I caught it where I squeed about it in the lunch room

I nerd in public, I'm actually at a McDonald's playing Pokemon on my 3DS.
---
I live in Alabama.
Roll Tide/War Eagle
#39yzmanPosted 11/3/2012 10:17:23 AM
I was able to sign this until Platinum. In the safari zone of that game I found a shiny jigglypuff. Luckily I caught it and it didn't run as those pokes always do in that horrible zone...
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#40MagmastaPosted 11/3/2012 10:18:12 AM
I've never encountered a shiny on gen five apart from the ones that are given or can be interacted with.

Although I'm only 40hrs in so it's understandable I suppose, and I haven't really grinded much, but I didn't use one repel the whole game aside from the ones in dustcloud missions.

I should have encountered one dang it!

But yea I've seen several in earlier instalments
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend