This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I btoke out the original Gameboy

#21MugilokoPosted 11/3/2012 2:28:04 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
I liked this topic better when we were talking about good games on the video game board.

But... but...

Steak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> genwunners
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#22amigo767Posted 11/3/2012 2:28:59 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
I had forgotten how much better red and blue was.

Black and white pallet, with the art style of the older games, oozes character, in comparison to the sterile, anime inspired graphics of Yellow onwards.

The old statexp was far better for ingame than the current, competitive pandering, ev system, as statexp doesn't ruin ingame monsters.

Lack of dialogue is marvelous, pokemon has yet to have a plot that spans an entire game worth telling, not being bogged down with boring crap is great.

I miss the attack/special split for attacks though, breeding and hold items as well.

I like how the legendaries are pushed to the side, not in the plot. I also really like how their lore is intergrated into the game. Very western inspired, but in a good way.

amen brotha
---
Co-Leader of The Fight Club
No more Wifi fights.
#23jayman7Posted 11/3/2012 2:29:13 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
I liked this topic better when we were talking about good games on the video game board.

That happened in this topic? Must have missed it. All I saw was some genwunning and a lot of talk about steak.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24Mistress_Zelda_Posted 11/3/2012 2:30:33 PM
Mugiloko posted...
KaiserLeo posted...

But... but...

Steak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> genwunners

Steak>>>>>>>>>>>>A lot of things. That can be said for meat in general. Chicken, pork, buffalo, venison, elk...ooo and turkey...
---
All through my wild days, my mad existence,
I kept my promise, don't keep your distance.
#25BluntGruntPosted 11/3/2012 2:31:29 PM(edited)
So I took out the GameBoy the other day and I was like "What in the world did I just take out? It's so big and I can't see a thing!". Then I put it in the oven overnight.
---
?????
#26MugilokoPosted 11/3/2012 2:31:50 PM
jayman7 posted...
KaiserLeo posted...

That happened in this topic? Must have missed it. All I saw was some genwunning and a lot of talk about steak.

We're talking about steak because, like someone said, steak is the man best friend.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#27amigo767Posted 11/3/2012 2:32:15 PM
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...

Steak>>>>>>>>>>>>A lot of things. That can be said for meat in general. Chicken, pork, buffalo, venison, elk...ooo and turkey...

you really know what's good dont you

first indian food...now these too lol
---
Co-Leader of The Fight Club
No more Wifi fights.
#28MugilokoPosted 11/3/2012 2:33:58 PM
amigo767 posted...
Mistress_Zelda_ posted...

you really know what's good dont you

first indian food...now these too lol

No, no.

THESE are the best.
---
#29jayman7Posted 11/3/2012 2:34:43 PM
Mugiloko posted...
jayman7 posted...
KaiserLeo posted...

We're talking about steak because, like someone said, steak is the man best friend.

Did I question the steak talk? I just said that that's what I saw, other than a little genwunning.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#30UmuruPosted 11/3/2012 2:34:55 PM
KaiserLeo posted...

All I see is a technologically inferior and outdated game being compared to a much better game.

Also, steak... yum!