This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak needs to find a way to make an Amaterasu Pokemon.

#21TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 8:27:02 PM
GhostlyCrow posted...
^^^Landorus is based off Okami.

Um... Try Inari? He's a fertility god.

Besides Landorus is always male and Amaterasu is a female.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#22Soanevalcke6Posted 11/4/2012 8:28:01 PM
homerowed posted...
Just nickname a Ninetales and you're good to go.

Who says an Amaterasu-based pokemon would be Fox-like? There are plenty of things a Sun-god could be
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#23TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 8:28:18 PM
Windyligth posted...
Don't we already have Arceus?

Arceus is a horrible legendary.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#24NekotamaPosted 11/4/2012 8:28:30 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
Nekotama posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Yes, and then they can be sued and go out of business for copyright infringement and the world will be a better place.

Mythology has copyrights now?

Where the hell have you been, everything has copyrights now. You can't take a dump in a public restroom without violating some stupid copyright law by some no-name "company" trying to make a quick buck.

Mythology doesn't have copyrights, nobody is going to sue you over using Thor or Zeus in a game... Wth.

If you think that, you're not very big on the development scene. If it can be copyrighted, people will claim vague copyrights, and file frivolous lawsuits against major game developers for "copyright violation" in hopes of settling out of court for a small sum of cash. It happens to every major developer.

It's the next big thing, right after suing fast food chains for serving unhealthy food.
---
Rief: "How did we arrive in this situation, exactly?"
Tyrell: "Matthew can be talked into anything - that's how."
#25Ari917Posted 11/4/2012 8:28:59 PM
IndianaJones65 posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
Nekotama posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...
Yes, and then they can be sued and go out of business for copyright infringement and the world will be a better place.

Where the hell have you been, everything has copyrights now. You can't take a dump in a public restroom without violating some stupid copyright law by some no-name "company" trying to make a quick buck.

Mythology doesn't have copyrights, nobody is going to sue you over using Thor or Zeus in a game... Wth.

thor is an avenger disney has the right to sue

..Thor is a Norse god first and foremost, if GF wanted to base a pokemon off of him they'd be free to do it and Marvel can't do anything.

Anyway, I'd like to see that happen along with Susano-o.
#26pies12Posted 11/4/2012 8:30:57 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
Reborn_Sigma posted...
Volcarona fills the role of a sun god just fine, I say.

But Volcarona isn't a sun god. He is not OKAMI!

You know okami just means god right? Kami = god, o = honourific prefix.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#27TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 8:31:04 PM
Nekotama posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
Nekotama posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

If you think that, you're not very big on the development scene. If it can be copyrighted, people will claim vague copyrights, and file frivolous lawsuits against major game developers for "copyright violation" in hopes of settling out of court for a small sum of cash. It happens to every major developer.

It's the next big thing, right after suing fast food chains for serving unhealthy food.

I doubt gamefreak will be sued over using Amaterasu though. I mean they haven't gotten sued over arceus, the kami trio, the three musketeers and the weather trio.
---
#28zakupilot77Posted 11/4/2012 8:31:21 PM
Nekotama posted...

No one owns Japanese mythology. No one owns any mythology. There can be all the Zeus, Odin, Rah, and Amaterasu clones that any one wants to make. I love how many people thinks things are illegal or copy written without really thinking about it... lol
---
Live G/T: Zaku777
#29MDS2005Posted 11/4/2012 8:31:24 PM
homerowed posted...
Just nickname a Ninetales and you're good to go.

But, you know, Okami had a boss named Ninetails.

http://images.wikia.com/okami/images/0/0a/Ninetail.jpg

So Ninetales = Ninetails. <___<
---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.
#30HomeRowedPosted 11/4/2012 8:32:19 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Who says an Amaterasu-based pokemon would be Fox-like? There are plenty of things a Sun-god could be

I was just referencing Okami. I know Amaterasu exists outside of that game.
---
HOME ROWED
ain't no skank