This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefreak needs to find a way to make an Amaterasu Pokemon.

#51TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 8:52:51 PM
Maybe he was afraid of being modded for saying the c word? Idk lol. You know how mods are.
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#52Ari917Posted 11/4/2012 8:57:26 PM(edited)
coreekymon posted...

Crap?

You would have to be blind to not see how clearly a rip-off of Kimba the White Lion the Lion King is.

Edit: you deleted the crap part?

Never said there weren't similarities, I'm just sick of the countless arguments about it at this point.

And Narga said it best, not sure what the mods think of it since I've seen them infract for less.
#53NekotamaPosted 11/4/2012 8:57:13 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
Nekotama posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
Nekotama posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
That's like someone suing disney over The Lion King because it's a modern day Hamlet.

You don't think somebody tried?

"Tried" is the keyword here. These kind of lawsuits are a joke if they happen.

Uh, no "settled" is the keyword here. Those lawsuits are filed for the sole purpose of getting the "offending" company to settle out of court for a fraction of the original sum. 99% of the time, the "offending" company does settle, because it's cheaper than going to court and winning.

How can you not know, in the slightest, how the process works? Seriously, welcome to Earth.

No skin of their bones then right? I mean you really don't have much of an argument if in the end they go through with it anyways.

Are you actually saying that it's okay for people to do that? Tell ya what, why don't you work three jobs for me, while I sit on my butt and play Pokemon. If ya don't, I'll claim negligence and abuse and file a lawsuit against you. Sound good?

Didn't friggin think so.
---
Rief: "How did we arrive in this situation, exactly?"
Tyrell: "Matthew can be talked into anything - that's how."
#54Meta289Posted 11/4/2012 8:59:06 PM
If they're going to make a Sun God Pokemon, it should be based on the Three-Legged Crow.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#55TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 8:59:09 PM
Nekotama are you having issues in your life right now? Why are you making this topic sour?
---
Posts in a topic do not have to be on topic if it goes with the natural flow of conversation.- Baseman (Moderator)
#56TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 9:03:30 PM
Meta289 posted...
If they're going to make a Sun God Pokemon, it should be based on the Three-Legged Crow.

Why use the three legged crow when you can use Rah?
---
#57FefnirOmega13Posted 11/4/2012 9:09:55 PM
Meta289 posted...

I'd like an Utsuho Reiuji/Yatagarasu pokemon, yes please
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#58Meta289Posted 11/4/2012 9:11:37 PM
TheNargacuga posted...
Meta289 posted...

Ra is strictly from Egyptian mythology. The three legged crow is a common figure in Japanese and other eastern Asian mythology, and is also associated with the sun.

Plus, the three legged crow would make for a much better design for a Pokemon.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#59UmuruPosted 11/4/2012 9:14:57 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
homerowed posted...
Just nickname a Ninetales and you're good to go.

Who says an Amaterasu-based pokemon would be Fox-like? There are plenty of things a Sun-god could be

Yeah... like a being of light in the shape of what used to be a flowery cheerleader.
#60TheNargacuga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 9:15:23 PM
Meta289 posted...
TheNargacuga posted...
Meta289 posted...

Ra is strictly from Egyptian mythology. The three legged crow is a common figure in Japanese and other eastern Asian mythology, and is also associated with the sun.

Plus, the three legged crow would make for a much better design for a Pokemon.

It obviously doesn't matter what mythology a pokemon is from. The weather trio for instance, are from jewish mythology, Moltres is a firebird, etc.

I dunno though, they are both kind of bad ways to design a pokemon imo. Ra is just the lesser of two evils to me.
---