This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think back to when you were a little kid...

#1djmetal777Posted 11/4/2012 10:09:45 PM
You hear or heard of a game called pokemon however you have never played it...you pop the game into your game boy/game boy advance and you start up a new pokemon game the first time playing its not just a game...but an emotional experience...all the areas seem big and the possibilities seem endless...you start off with your partner and once you obtain poke balls you get to capture even more friends to aid you on your journey...you don't care about what moves you taught your pokemon and any strategies were unknown to you All you cared about were "catching them all" and being a pokemaster...it doesn't matter when you started to play pokemon or what gen you started with...the feeling of first playing it will never be beaten and it will remain in our memories until we die
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/4/2012 10:10:31 PM
Pokemon didn't exist yet when I was a little kid.
#3pizzaman95Posted 11/4/2012 10:13:08 PM(edited)
you pop the game into your game boy/game boy advance

Nice job dating the topic for future generations, you should have just said "game console".
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#4coreekymonPosted 11/4/2012 10:13:48 PM
I don't remember the first time I played Pokemon. That was like 15 years ago, I'm 20.
---
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com
#5VIIVincentPosted 11/4/2012 10:15:31 PM
the year was 1999
saw the anime even before of hearing about the game. sad right? anyways. parents didnt (or wouldnt) buy a handheld because you know how parents are so i got lucky and borrowed it from a neighbor's kid. of course, he sucked at it and i progress pretty far in Red until he moved away.

moving onto 2001 when on my birthday my older sister got me a Pikachu/Pichu GBC and asked me what version i wanted. Silver.
---
If only we could punch him through our monitors...
psn: DragunSkullz
#6Adachy_BabyPosted 11/4/2012 10:15:58 PM
I don't even remember how I got Pokemon Blue, I just remember having it, I was in like kindergarten, so that was awhile ago. Also I wasn't good enough to train pokemon other than my starter, so I always pretty much solo'd it haha. Indeed though they were good times.
---
Who wants to talk about murders?!
#7wind64aPosted 11/4/2012 10:18:17 PM
I think it was called Game Boy Pocket or some odd thing for me. It came right before Game Boy Color. I remember I played the thing so much, I started to see blue in the grey waters. The actual shade they chose for GSC suprised me.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards.
#8Kitsune_ShinraPosted 11/4/2012 10:22:15 PM
It was 1998, I was 8, and got both red and blue for my gameboy pocket. I put my first one in and chose Bulbasaur as my first ever pokemon. Charmander on the other version. Charmander became my official first partner. I loved him. When he evolved I fell even more in love. The games became a very important part of my childhood, growing up, and still now I have kept a hold of most of them and they are still a dear piece of my life. :) This may sound overly pokenerdish or whatever, but it's true. Those games had a major impact in on my life at the time and I still love them just as much, if not more now. :)
---
White FC: 2064 8774 3275 name : Janelle
White 2 FC : 4342 0616 9985 name: Janelle
#9TheKitchenRatPosted 11/4/2012 10:40:20 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
you pop the game into your game boy/game boy advance

Nice job dating the topic for future generations, you should have just said "game console".

This would have been better as I started with Gen. 4.
---
This sig is a lie.
#10electric_emuPosted 11/4/2012 10:42:12 PM
I got Pokemon Blue and didn't really understand what it was about. Later, a friend (I was a second grader) showed me the most awesome little card things ever (I think they were tear-offs from a lunchables or something)... I put two and two together and have been a Pokemon fan ever since.