This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think back to when you were a little kid...

#11TherianReturnsPosted 11/4/2012 11:44:12 PM
I was a kid and I was into nature and stuff and had a deep obsession with Lunchables

Then the day came when creatures and some game called pokemon appeared on the back of the Lunchables box

The rest is history
---
Let me make this clear; Generation 3 remakes are coming this generation, 5. Get over it.
#12lunarswordPosted 11/4/2012 11:45:45 PM
I was in highschool, playing on my fatass Gameboy I got in the early 90's (I'm 30 freaking years old). I'd hardly say it was a life changing, memorable experience, other than those many mornings on the bus. Stepped out of Pokemon after Stadium 2 all the way until Diamond.
---
"All your sweetrolls are belong to me."
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#13Cpt_CalamityPosted 11/4/2012 11:55:24 PM
I remember when I was playing Yellow for the first time, and I freaked out when I got stuck at the "you must delete an old move to make room for the new move" screen. After a few minute of just pressing buttons (I was just learning to read and didn't recognize all of the words), I finally got to my current movelist. Not really understanding what they did, I replaced Thundershock with Thunderwave on my Pikachu. Then I was all confused about why I couldn't attack things anymore, and when I asked my older brother he told me I was dumb, but that it didn't matter because he could replace the useless Thunderwave with Thunderbolt, which was "better".

I find it funny now, thinking back on it.
---
I'M BACK B****ES!
#14TehTrumpCardPosted 11/5/2012 12:04:01 AM
I never cared to catch them all. It was about beating all of my friends with the Pokes I loved.
---
Stars, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction.
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 Black 2 FC: 3268-3178-7258
#15SephirothtPosted 11/5/2012 12:08:01 AM
The only thing I know is that I was 7-8, I already had a Gameboy (my dads, I think) and I may have seen the anime beforehand.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#16COlimar788Posted 11/5/2012 12:20:29 AM
TherianReturns posted...
I was a kid and I was into nature and stuff and had a deep obsession with Lunchables

Then the day came when creatures and some game called pokemon appeared on the back of the Lunchables box

The rest is history

Oh man, I'm not the only one who was introduced to Pokemon through the Lunchables promotion! XD

But yeah I never quite had that experience of wonder because I got a player's guide alongside Pokemon Red, so... that sort of experience would have to wait until when I played through Pokemon Black almost entirely blind last year.
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#17LatulaPosted 11/5/2012 12:24:28 AM
Ah, yes.

On one of my birthdays, my mom brought me a Walmart bag and said that she got my some clothes. Looked in the Walmart bag and there was a Pink GBA and Pokemon Gold. Picked Chikorita as my starter and that was that.
---
White 2 FC: 2151 5968 6493
TT: Consider this your first lesson in showmanship.
#18hodelinoPosted 11/5/2012 3:41:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19hodelinoPosted 11/5/2012 3:45:30 AM
I remember when i was in a store and saw this turtle with canonns and i was like mom get me one of this. Blastoise was also my first starter. I can remember that i almost got a heart attack when i first beat the Elite 4 and i thought i finally did it, but no.. blue was first and i have to beat him too. Later i got the yellow edition and the only thing i can remember is that i've tried to beat Brock with my pikachu. Since this day i HATE ROCK pokemon.Then my next game was Crystal with more pokemon, a new world and new starters, Lugia and Ho-oh (best legendaries ever). Then many years passed and last week i bought pokemon soul silver to revive those memories :)
---
Fighting games needs more Pikachu!
---
Fighting games needs more Pikachu!
#20kristofer777Posted 11/5/2012 3:51:42 AM
Dude when I was a kid the Atari, Colecovision , and the NES was the big deal. There was no such thing as Pokemon back then. I remember that Super Mario Bros was the like the whoa moment for me.