This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think back to when you were a little kid...

#21Probit_ReturnPosted 11/5/2012 4:06:39 AM
It was Pokemon Red. I was stuck in Mt. Moon, and for the life of me, I couldn't figure a way out. But darn it, I was determined to find it! And find it I did. And it was glorious. And the rest of the game just kept getting more and more intense. And don't even get me started on how epic Silver was. It affected me enough that I remained into Pokemon longer than my friends, and though I kinda fell out of touch for a bit (I went through that false maturity "it's for kids" phase before I came to realize that it really doesn't matter), I got back into it and remembered why the games stuck with me for so long.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#22ACWWDUDE101Posted 11/5/2012 4:08:43 AM
Oh man I remember, I got my sisters old Gameboy colour and Pokemon Red. Can't remember much of what I did but I do remember catching Mewtwo, such an exhilarating experience.

Then I got Pokemon Gold next, beat the game and had an awesome team and was trying to get a full 'Dex. Using my sisters Gameboy Colour and my own GBC I set up a link trade so I could get all the starters but being young and stupid I didn't realise it saves the game when you make trades.

My save was wiped and I didn't even try to complete it again.

Then I picked up Sapphire upon release a few years later on my Gameboy Advance SP, probably my favourite pokemon game, the best legendaries and played it against my friends loads.

Then got Pokemon Black, awesome game that rekindled my love for Pokemon games, probably invested the most hours into this one.

Now working my way through HG and saving Black 2 for next year probably.

Wow, long post....

Pokemon really is a special game for me, played it throughout my child hood and entire life really.
#23PolimarioPosted 11/5/2012 4:13:39 AM
I got my 1st Pokemon games at a time I can't remember.

My mom told me that they were a gift to her, RBY and a yellow GBC. I'm guessing that was beacause I was born in 1996: same year Pokemon released.

So yeah...I'm literally a Pokemon baby. :D
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#24HeliotropePosted 11/5/2012 4:22:19 AM
How 'little' are we talking? Because Pokemon didn't start until I was 11 (1998) and I didn't start playing it until late 1999, when my brother imported an American copy of Pokemon Yellow.

Most of my little, little years (when I was about 4) were spent playing games on our SNES and Megadrive.

It makes me feel old - I bet half of you here have never even owned/played on a Sega console.
---
I am a Yaoi fangirl! ^_^
I'm also a shiny hunter, behold my shiny Pokemon:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFriendlyBee?feature=mhee
#25Probit_ReturnPosted 11/5/2012 4:28:44 AM
Heliotrope posted...
How 'little' are we talking? Because Pokemon didn't start until I was 11 (1998) and I didn't start playing it until late 1999, when my brother imported an American copy of Pokemon Yellow.

Most of my little, little years (when I was about 4) were spent playing games on our SNES and Megadrive.

It makes me feel old - I bet half of you here have never even owned/played on a Sega console.

I had a Genesis growing up. I played the hell out of Sonic 2. In fact, I was one of the few people that bought a Dreamcast (bought it with Christmas money on sale. Came with the keyboard). That console deserved so much more than what it got.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#26kristofer777Posted 11/5/2012 4:30:55 AM
Heliotrope you're not that old since I was 11 when you were born. I bet most people who play Pokemon don't know how simple yet how hard games were back in 1980's since most games never ended and kept getting harder until you die.
#27Angelwings_in_fPosted 11/5/2012 4:52:46 AM
i cant remember how old i was when i got my first game, about 11 i think. i got a game boy colour for xmas and pokemon yellow and i LOVED it. My granparents made me turn it off at 7.30 that night and i think my play time was around 10 hours.

When i found out gold and silver were out i saved up my pocket money (took a while) for the 30 i needed, my mum took me down to the nearest game shop, i picked up a copy of gold and when i got to the till i only had 20 in my purse. i was gutted and i'll admit it i cried lol. Thankfully my mum passed me a tenner and the missing tenner turned up on the table at home.
---
white 2 FC 5158 0867 6146
#28MetaDeDeDePosted 11/5/2012 5:00:24 AM
Well..I play my first pokemon game when I was 13 but since I have watch the anime when I was younger I knew most of the type matchups.
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Iris's Official Future Husband.
#29apollooooPosted 11/5/2012 5:19:04 AM
i was 7 when i got my first pokemon. it was red
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#30UmuruPosted 11/5/2012 6:40:59 AM
That's too idealistic. Back when Blue was released, I was like 8, and I couldn't care less about catching them all or being a master. i just wanted to get my favorites.