This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think back to when you were a little kid...

#51Brandon042487Posted 11/5/2012 9:10:07 AM
RTC3 posted...
get off my lawn and go back to watching your crappy sports

sports are good for you brah. put down the gameboy and play ball with some friends

What kind of ball?

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Jiggly ball, Foosball, Hardball, softball, American football (For those who call soccer football.)
---
Alabama University, 9-0
Roll Tide!
#52GhetsisPosted 11/5/2012 9:15:01 AM
Heliotrope posted...
It makes me feel old - I bet half of you here have never even owned/played on a Sega console.

That's a pretty bold accusation. I had a Genesis, a Game Gear, a Nomad, and even later, a Dreamcast. And I was only 8 when Pokemon released (in America.)

I remember my first Pokemon experience pretty well, though. I had already had a Game Boy Pocket as a birthday present from my dad, and a Game Boy Color with Link's Awakening DX. I don't recall what happened to the Pocket, but I remember the Color was stolen when I took it to school (yep, thieves even in third grade...)

My grandmother got me a new (Lime Green!) Game Boy Color a couple months later, with Pokemon Red. I remember picking Squirtle (and even its final moveset: Strength, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Fissure), and the first Pokemon I caught was a Pidgey. I never really got stuck at any point until Saffron City, which stumped me because I couldn't figure out how the hell to get past the gate guards.

Also remember getting Pokemon Stadium not much later, and playing the hell out of it. I had done pretty much everything...except for unlocking the Surfing Pikachu. I didn't know anything about EVs/StatExp back then, so all of my Pokemon were Rare Candy'd to 100, and as you could imagine, I had a pretty tough time beating the Round 2 Prime Cup (with the conditions that needed to be met to get Surf!)
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#53KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/5/2012 9:21:49 AM
Takes me back...

I read about the game in a Nintendo Power, and it actually caught my interest.

A couple of weeks later, Pokemon Red and Blue games were in a new bin at my Walmart.

I picked up both copies, went to a secluded corner in the store, unrapped the games and put them in my pocket.

The rest, is history.

<.<
>.>

What? I was 9! It was a phase!
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#54RTC3Posted 11/5/2012 9:25:02 AM
What kind of ball?

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Jiggly ball, Foosball, Hardball, softball, American football (For those who call soccer football.)

any of those son. except jiggly ball which sounds like a game a pedophile would force you to play with him
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#55AmesangPosted 11/5/2012 2:49:24 PM
Obviously the ball game of choice is Calvin Ball!

Heliotrope posted...
It makes me feel old - I bet half of you here have never even owned/played on a Sega console.

I honestly wonder if I'm the only person here who owned the SEGA 32X. "Knuckles' Chaotix" is still my favorite Sonic game.
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone
#56Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/5/2012 2:53:19 PM

best rules imo
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#57Unknown ForcePosted 11/5/2012 3:03:08 PM
I was 11 when I got a video in the mail that was giving a preview of the anime. I thought it was they stupidest thing on earth and refused to watch it. Then my 8 year old cousin put it on and I watched it with him. Then I watched it 10 more times. Now Pokemon is one of the view franchises that I'm a fanboy of(though not the annoying kind).
---
You kids better behave or your parents might get you a Skuntank someday!
I don't just care, I ObamaCare.
#58IkkunismPosted 11/5/2012 3:06:36 PM
Adachy_Baby posted...
I don't even remember how I got Pokemon Blue, I just remember having it, I was in like kindergarten, so that was awhile ago. Also I wasn't good enough to train pokemon other than my starter, so I always pretty much solo'd it haha. Indeed though they were good times.

Yeah. I don't remember how I got Red, but I remember it and my Yellow Gameboy Colour back when I was 6/7.
I DO remember getting every game after that and Yellow though. Got Silver for Christmas of 2001 I think? or was it 2000. And pre-ordered every game since.
#59lunarswordPosted 11/5/2012 3:24:58 PM
MK Sonic posted...

Heliotrope posted...

I honestly wonder if I'm the only person here who owned the SEGA 32X. "Knuckles' Chaotix" is still my favorite Sonic game.

Me and my dad went through 3 of them (and I finished KC once) in less than a week, thinking we had faulty units. Eventually just figured out the whole concept was a huge pile of **** and gave up swapping them out from Toys R' Us. Still remember the ridiculous color balancing you had to do when hooking them up.
---
"All your sweetrolls are belong to me."
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#60AmesangPosted 11/5/2012 3:33:38 PM
I don't remember having any color balance problems, I just remember those metal connector thingies being a pain in the ass. Unfortunately both it and my Genesis appeared to have stopped working before I found out that, by entering some sort of code/combination in "Chaotix," you were able to see an animation of "Sonic CD" Amy Rose dancing along to the Sound Test.

The 32X was also my introduction to "Doom." I only ever got to "Level 16" once (and died immediately), and I always had to face palm at the fact that the credits wound end with a "C:\" prompt, freezing up the game. Seriously? Nobody play-tested the game and noticed that? Also, urge to play "Cosmic Carnage/Cyber Brawl" and "Star Wars Arcade" rising. God, I hated the Super Stardestroyer/Death Star trench levels.
---
"Help! Help! They've destroyed my cousin's brain!! Oh, my god! They've already milked you, haven't they?!!" -- Phoncible P. Bone