This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think back to when you were a little kid...

#61BluntGruntPosted 11/5/2012 3:45:32 PM
Ok, I will now think back to when I was a kid... Well, I played hide and seek and stuff like that. that was a fun little nostalgia-trip.

Anyway, when I first played Pokemon I was completely lost. I had no idea what to do, I wasted all of my Pokeballs on a Rattata at full health, ended up dying and almost ended up putting the game down for good. However, as I learned how to play properly, the game became more enjoyable.

It's still the same, if not better, today. I know what to do, so I have fun playing it. I don't even care about the competitive side or catching them all. I just do what I want. It's way better than being lost and wasting your items because you don't know what they do and so on.
---
?????
#62Probit_ReturnPosted 11/5/2012 4:16:09 PM
BluntGrunt posted...
Ok, I will now think back to when I was a kid... Well, I played hide and seek and stuff like that. that was a fun little nostalgia-trip.

Anyway, when I first played Pokemon I was completely lost. I had no idea what to do, I wasted all of my Pokeballs on a Rattata at full health, ended up dying and almost ended up putting the game down for good. However, as I learned how to play properly, the game became more enjoyable.

It's still the same, if not better, today. I know what to do, so I have fun playing it. I don't even care about the competitive side or catching them all. I just do what I want. It's way better than being lost and wasting your items because you don't know what they do and so on.

It doesn't help that the old man who teaches you to catch pokemon basically says "do as I say, not as I do" like he expects a kid to actually listen to him and not just see him tossing pokeballs at a pokemon with full health and no status effects. Really, they should have it escape the first time, forcing him to throw out a pokemon and actually take away health or something. It would be kind of annoying, but nobody talks to him after the first time anyway (unless it's Red or Blue and you're trying to summon Missingno) and it would actually help teach, rather than just being a pointless "how to look in your bag" tutorial.
---
Hinako danced crazy