This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unoriginal thread; but why can't I have it.

#1thejectPosted 11/5/2012 3:42:50 AM
Why can't I just have that ultimate Pokemon journey...

The image:

2 Games.

Every region in both.

Split every pokemon between them for trading purposes, barring legendaries and event Pokemon.

One massive story spanning over all the regions, unlocking regions one at a time, finally connecting them.

All the evil coporations combined bent on total destruction or control of every pokemon. You have to gather all the champions and companions you can for the coming battle. Earn their respect and attention via badge completion.

Every badge, every character, you choose your starting image. Are you Red, Blue, Silver?

With each new game I ask, is this finally going to be the one!?

I am let down.

Instead we get 8 badges, E4, one champion, new bad team, barely passible retellings and a disconnection from past regions.

At this point they could do it, charge some crazy 120$ amount.

My only response would be, shut up and take my money.

:(
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#2FishyGoodness12Posted 11/5/2012 3:45:26 AM
No
#3theject(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:09:52 AM
FishyGoodness12 posted...
No

Thank you for your feed back. It was very well thought out and your verbosity was quite superb. I unfortunately disagree with your opinion.
---
"Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive."
#4HydreigoonPosted 11/5/2012 4:12:54 AM
Too much stuff in one game tone it down, you look like a game-sick Fanboy.
---
xcaiiion is my waifu
White FC: 3181 8609 7858 /// White 2 FC: 3053 5764 9151
#5uuurrrgghPosted 11/5/2012 4:15:24 AM
Too much stuff to put in a 100 lvl system.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#6theject(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:23:00 AM
Hydreigoon posted...
Too much stuff in one game tone it down, you look like a game-sick Fanboy.

Could you elaborate on how you came to that conclusion? I can understand the first comment, with it potentially being "too much stuff" (despite the fact that there are litterally thousands of multiplayer games with more content, but I digress.) however, calling someone a "game sick fan boy" for being keen on the idea of a singular game that lets someone explore all of the past regions, with what one can say is a reasonable storyline given the history of those teams, is quite the escalation.
---
#7jonahdoomPosted 11/5/2012 4:26:19 AM
Don't mind all the trolls, I think everyone wants one big massive pokemon game.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#8HydreigoonPosted 11/5/2012 4:30:43 AM
Because you're forgetting that Pokemon's intended audience is for children, so the games have to be short enough to enjoy, but long enough to digest. In other words, can't be too short, can't be too long.

Also what you're describing sounds like a series of Pokemon games mashed together into one lump. That doesn't seem logical at all, mainly because each game is supposed to be a story in itself, not an entire epic. I get what you're trying to do, but that really doesn't look good at all.
---
xcaiiion is my waifu
White FC: 3181 8609 7858 /// White 2 FC: 3053 5764 9151
#9KingdomHeartAcePosted 11/5/2012 4:39:20 AM
Adding on to the above reasons as to why the game wouldn't work, if you look at things from a business perspective, you can see why this hasn't been made yet.

Think about it, if a game with all the regions in it is released, there's no point for the average gamer to buy the previous games (though hardcore fans still will buy all of them, but they're the minority). Though the much older games may not be bought anyway, the newer DS ones are still fairly profitable.

By releasing an all-region game, the casual mindset of "if I can get all the regions' content in one game, why buy the others" will definitely cause sales of the other games to drop to a certain extent. And well, companies who are looking for profit definitely don't want that to happen.

But I agree that from a fan's perspective, an all-region game would be a dream come true, though sadly the chances of one being made are slim. One can still dream though.
#10kristofer777Posted 11/5/2012 4:43:25 AM
I would rather have a Pokemon game where you chose what region you want to start at and you can only move to another region when you become the champ but need to leave whatever pokemon you catch there and need to start the new region with new pokemon found in the new region.