This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unoriginal thread; but why can't I have it.

#11neutralguardPosted 11/5/2012 4:46:44 AM
As someone that hates the single-player game but loves participating in the competitive scene, this sounds horrible to me. When I buy a Pokemon game, I loathe the first 30-40 hours of gameplay. These games have never had a story worth playing through, and I suspect they never will.
#12AlphaSinkakuPosted 11/5/2012 4:50:12 AM
It's a good idea, in theory. But you have to remember, a DS cart can only fit so much data, the kind of scale game you're talking about is more suited to a full console release. It's not out of the question, but a game this massive would take years to produce. Nintendo is not done milking the franchise for all it's worth yet. What you speak of is a project similar to Final Fantasy VII: HD; a pipe-dream, a rainy day backup plan, and the finale of all finales.Such a thing may one day come to exist, and will either give final satisfaction to all pokemon fans, or crap on the whole series in it's entirety, a game we will then be loath to speak of for its massive promise and little deliverance.
---
SoulSilver Fc: 1765 0467 9415
Black 2 FC: 4857-4546-8429
#13Kazagin_Posted 11/5/2012 5:27:08 AM
kristofer777 posted...
I would rather have a Pokemon game where you chose what region you want to start at and you can only move to another region when you become the champ but need to leave whatever pokemon you catch there and need to start the new region with new pokemon found in the new region.

So is there any difference between that and like... just switching games?
---
I have no signature.
#14MugilokoPosted 11/5/2012 5:29:50 AM
It wouldn't work. You would pretty much destroy anything with your lv 100 pokemons.
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#15FishyGoodness12Posted 11/5/2012 5:38:33 AM
I told you this was a horrible idea TC
#16MT_TRAEHPosted 11/5/2012 6:19:06 AM
yeah, they can't even do that, have you played okami in ps2? i played it and i finished orochi and i thought it was the last boss because of howlong the first story is, then there are 4 more boss and the adventure was great, if 1 pokemon combined even only 3 region, the game woul be great and a lot of things can greatly affect the fun gameplay, greatly reviving the whole franchise, how about make it pokemon rainbow where many regions are available and throw in a good story and the market will be exploding with pokemon
---
The Metal Gear Series is probably the best games ever made.
#17Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/5/2012 6:20:13 AM
sounds boring and horrible
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#18RTC3Posted 11/5/2012 6:23:56 AM
Split every pokemon between them for trading purposes, barring legendaries and event Pokemon

LMAO you people actually want there to be two versions so you can spend twice as much on the same damn game.

i weep for your souls..

oh wait nintendo already grabbed them from your cold lifeless hands
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#19FishyGoodness12Posted 11/5/2012 6:24:17 AM
MT_TRAEH posted...
yeah, they can't even do that, have you played okami in ps2? i played it and i finished orochi and i thought it was the last boss because of howlong the first story is, then there are 4 more boss and the adventure was great, if 1 pokemon combined even only 3 region, the game woul be great and a lot of things can greatly affect the fun gameplay, greatly reviving the whole franchise, how about make it pokemon rainbow where many regions are available and throw in a good story and the market will be exploding with pokemon

no
#20UmuruPosted 11/5/2012 6:32:44 AM(edited)
One of the problems I see would be in the scaling. GSC had the first region you play through cap at like level 45 in trainer Pokemon levels and training felt a bit awkward because prior to moving on, you'd face at best late level 20 or so Pokemon and once you moved on to the remade Kanto, everything trainer wise would be about in the 50s, but the wild Pokemon were about in the range of Johto's wild Pokemon.

That was just with 2 regions. By the time you get to Unova (or whatever the last region is in your hypothetical game) you'd either have trainers who have had to gradually be stuck in certain level ranges, be extremely high leveled once you get there, or the game would force you to be like Ash and drop everything as you explore to keep the game somewhat challenging.

If it is the case of the latter, wouldn't it make more sense for them to just make one game for each region but keep them in the same generation and simply allow trading between them all? They'd get their money and you would get your continuous journey, albeit in a way that would certainly inconvenience your wallet and especially inconvenience those who don't have more than one system and who would essentially start over every time.

On a side note, typing on a iPad is something I am still not used to. Yay typos!