This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The RNG in this game is soo rigged

#11lunarswordPosted 11/5/2012 11:38:03 PM
Looking into all the RNG nonsense makes me wonder....why dont you just drop the $20ish for an AR and just Pokegen what youre after right away? Either way you're "cheating" so why go through so many extra steps and mathematical nonsense.
---
"All your sweetrolls are belong to me."
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#12MarbiaachPosted 11/5/2012 11:38:41 PM
pizzaman95 posted...
Seriously you all should play Fire Emblem.

It has no random aspects to it at all, really! There is no luck in it at all.

And this is why I always make the Magic Users the best characters in my party. Stupid Archers want to shoot me from a distance? FIERY BLAST OF FRUIT FLAVOR RIGHT IN THE FACE.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Black 2 FC: 0777 2092 3156 Marvin.
#13CursePosted 11/5/2012 11:40:03 PM
lunarsword posted...
Looking into all the RNG nonsense makes me wonder....why dont you just drop the $20ish for an AR and just Pokegen what youre after right away? Either way you're "cheating" so why go through so many extra steps and mathematical nonsense.

I'll consider your suggestion. Now here's a suggestion for you. Why don't you read topics before replying to them?
#14lunarswordPosted 11/5/2012 11:41:43 PM
Curse posted...
lunarsword posted...

I'll consider your suggestion. Now here's a suggestion for you. Why don't you read topics before replying to them?

Because the specifics of the topic in terms of its relation to RNG is irrelevant. Simply the fact that it was the first topic that involves the existence of RNG is all the criteria needed for my comment to have relevance.
---
#15jayman7Posted 11/5/2012 11:47:13 PM(edited)
lunarsword posted...
Curse posted...
lunarsword posted...

Because the specifics of the topic in terms of its relation to RNG is irrelevant. Simply the fact that it was the first topic that involves the existence of RNG is all the criteria needed for my comment to have relevance.

No. This topic has nothing whatsoever to do with RNG manipulation - or didn't before you brought it up. Congratulations.

RNG means "Random number generator". It affects the game all the time no matter what you do. When people talk about the RNG to create perfect Pokemon, they talk about manipulating it - computers can't do true randomness, and people have figured out the tricks to screwing with the RNG to get the results they want.

But this topic is about the RNG doing its own thing - the antithesis of RNG manipulation.
#16CursePosted 11/5/2012 11:42:45 PM
lunarsword posted...
Curse posted...
lunarsword posted...

You don't know what an RNG is, do you? Cause not all topics about the RNG are the same. And this one in particular has absolutely nothing to do with your reply.
#17BrassBirchPosted 11/5/2012 11:46:17 PM(edited)
pizzaman95 posted...
Seriously you all should play Fire Emblem.

It has no random aspects to it at all, really! There is no luck in it at all.

My Niemi was countered and killed by a 7% hit percentage Flux. Seriously, that's like 1% true hit >.>
#18lunarswordPosted 11/5/2012 11:46:56 PM(edited)
Curse posted...
lunarsword posted...
Curse posted...
lunarsword posted...

You don't know what an RNG is, do you? Cause not all topics about the RNG are the same. And this one in particular has absolutely nothing to do with your reply.

Its a mathematics based equation used to determine when specific "random" encounters/battle situations of a desired type will occur based on the system clock and the number of frames that the player progresses through. You use it to try to increase the odds of finding high/perfect IV pokemon as well as shinies that people seem to fawn over. Satisfied?...I could care less.
---
#19reaverzPosted 11/5/2012 11:46:58 PM
Gotta love this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SveMKuFWaTA
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#20pizzaman95Posted 11/5/2012 11:47:00 PM
I could care less.

COULDN'T CARE LESS, COULDN'T

YOU'RE SAYING YOU CAN CARE LESS
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.