This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The RNG in this game is soo rigged

#31TehTrumpCardPosted 11/6/2012 12:02:21 AM
EmoxGrenade posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...
Mario Kart has the worst RNG of any game I've ever seen.

Rubberband AI.

Not only that the items too.

Along with the way a stage is chosen for online play.

------

To remain on topic.

I lost to Subway Bosses' on Multi-Line because apparently with Garbodor's one stockpile my Moxie Mence with +2 and Max Attack was walled to kingdom come. I was using Outrage btw.
---
Stars, have their own beginnings, but their own power results in their destruction.
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 Black 2 FC: 3268-3178-7258
#32CursePosted 11/6/2012 12:03:33 AM
Looks like Lunar finally read the topic! Progress! Now let's all watch and laugh as he tries to cover his own mess by pretending that his first post is in any way related to the conversation and then try to smugly pretend that he won the argument.

*points* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
#33KaphoticsPosted 11/6/2012 12:03:59 AM
ITT: Kids who don't know that the RNG is not rigged.

You all just have confirmation bias. There's absolutely no funny business.
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#34jayman7Posted 11/6/2012 12:07:07 AM
Curse posted...
Looks like Lunar finally read the topic! Progress! Now let's all watch and laugh as he tries to cover his own mess by pretending that his first post is in any way related to the conversation and then try to smugly pretend that he won the argument.

I'm not sure he has. The computer having superhuman reflexes is not the same as the RNG being biased, and he only spoke on the former.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#35kwando1313Posted 11/6/2012 12:07:44 AM
Confirmation bias. Wahoo.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#36lunarswordPosted 11/6/2012 12:13:58 AM
jayman7 posted...
Curse posted...

I'm not sure he has. The computer having superhuman reflexes is not the same as the RNG being biased, and he only spoke on the former.

A "computer" as you classify it, doesn't have reflexes. Underneath all the meshes, textures, and sprinkles its doing exactly the same thing that a pokemon battle or any other RPG system is doing. It's running math equations based on available variables and determining the best solution to increase it's own ability to counteract the player while occasionally incorporating a slight "random" factor to attempt to keep some level of "realism" or "fairness" to it. Some games are programmed to be more generous to the player than others, and BW2 are obviously geared to the AI's side. The first 15 minutes of the game could have told you that much if you played BW only a week before.
---
"All your sweetrolls are belong to me."
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#37jayman7Posted 11/6/2012 12:19:19 AM(edited)
Okay, enough of this. Ending discussion with thread derailer.

Has anyone actually looked into the battle RNG? I don't think it's the same as the encounter RNG. I'm not suggesting anyone try to manipulate it - and there are almost certainly too many factors to try - I'm just curious whether there really is any bias. Certainly cognitive bias exists, but that doesn't mean the RNG isn't rigged. Just wondering.
---
#38KaphoticsPosted 11/6/2012 12:24:42 AM(edited)
lunarsword posted...
Some games are programmed to be more generous to the player than others, and BW2 are obviously geared to the AI's side. The first 15 minutes of the game could have told you that much if you played BW only a week before.

You're wrong. You misconstrue "good" AI with a rigged AI. Just because the game can either out-predict you or get as lucky as anyone else does not mean that it is rigged against you. The AI really is not that great. It's pretty easy to sidestep what it's doing and gain an edge.

I suggest you watch some of my Battle RNG videos, especially this one. I've set it to start at the crucial battle where I make the game paralyze my Guts Gurdurr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYuin_q-C4Q#t=164s

The Battle RNG of the Gen V games is only called when the game needs a random value, and there's absolutely no instances where the game trashes values except in the Alder-sponsored Twins double battle (set to not allow crits). That's besides the point.

At Pokecheck we've been able to interpret battle videos directly from a starting seed and input file. If there were times where the game would cheat, the video would have to contain that "cheat". It never happens.

The game is not rigged at all, you're simply just a poor battler.
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#39TherianReturnsPosted 11/6/2012 12:29:57 AM
Kaphotics posted...
lunarsword posted...
Some games are programmed to be more generous to the player than others, and BW2 are obviously geared to the AI's side. The first 15 minutes of the game could have told you that much if you played BW only a week before.

oh snap
---
Let me make this clear; Generation 3 remakes are coming this generation, 5. Get over it.
#40jayman7Posted 11/6/2012 12:32:11 AM
Kaphotics posted...
lunarsword posted...

You're wrong. You misconstrue "good" AI with a rigged AI. Just because the game can either out-predict you or get as lucky as anyone else does not mean that it is rigged against you. The AI really is not that great. It's pretty easy to sidestep what it's doing and gain an edge.

I suggest you watch some of my Battle RNG videos, especially this one. I've set it to start at the crucial battle where I make the game paralyze my Guts Gurdurr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYuin_q-C4Q#t=164s

The Battle RNG of the Gen V games is only called when the game needs a random value, and there's absolutely no instances where the game trashes values except in the Alder-sponsored Twins double battle (set to not allow crits). That's besides the point.

At Pokecheck we've been able to interpret battle videos directly from a starting seed and input file. If there were times where the game would cheat, the video would have to contain that "cheat". It never happens.

Uh... first of all, most allegations of RNG bias revolve around post-game areas like the Battle Tower and Subway and what have you. Secondly, regardless of any RNG bias that may or may not exist, feeding it a starting seed and input file would mean all of nothing; the same seed and input will produce the same result in all games unless it's getting its numbers from an external source. So your video doesn't really prove anything.
---