This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The RNG in this game is soo rigged

#51MasterChaos45Posted 11/6/2012 12:41:12 AM
Is it just me or is the CPU cheese this time around? Or I've just been unlucky.
i was facing clay, we both had one Pokemon left and the excadrill had low health, when I was trying to finish it off, in a last ditch effort it somehow got 2 crits in a row. this happened 3 times when I was trying to finish it, the first 2 times I lost and had to start over, and the 3rd time it was because my Umbreon is such a tank and took both hits and barely finished it off.

Not just in battles either, I've gone looong stretches Audino grinding and only running into Emolga's
#52CharizardFirePosted 11/6/2012 12:52:06 AM
Not just in battles either, I've gone looong stretches Audino grinding and only running into Emolga's

That's what happens when the Pokémon in the first slot of your party has the Static ability.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
The official Charizard of the Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 boards.
#53KaphoticsPosted 11/6/2012 1:02:58 AM
sir objection, you've got confirmation bias. way to ignore the entire thread!

jayman7 posted...
I severely doubt you could realistically abuse this online. Same seed + same input = same result every time... only the other player is part of the input, and doing something even slightly different than expected would be catastrophic to your RNG manipulations.

With an AR code it is possible to rig the starting seed to have multiple consecutive frames of hax, hence whatever you try to do won't really stop me so long as I use those "hax" frames before you do (see: priority / quick claw).

I say this because I've already abused this online to prove a point to someone. Been there, done that ;)
---
AIM: Kaphotics
2.ly/5thGenRNGResearchThread
#54bond617Posted 11/6/2012 7:31:45 AM
Derald_Snyder posted...
OBJECTION!

The RNG is indeed rigged on Battle Subway, but I've played PWT several times and the RNG seems to play a bit more fair.

Examples:
Garchomp hurting itself in confusion got me past Clair one time.
Burgh's Durant missed with Guillotine and died swiftly afterwards.
Sawk hit with Reversal on Lt. Surge's Trollface Electrode(Focus Sash, Double Team, Signal Beam(for confusion)) on the same turn it got confused, wiping out its last hit point and forcing Surge to surrender.

no it's not.

jayman7 posted...
Kaphotics posted...
jayman7 posted...
For now, I'll take your word that those people worked out the RNG, though I haven't seen the evidence. But to be honest, consider two six-sided dice. One of them is fair. The other is weighted to come up "6" 50% of the time, 1 2% of the time, and the other four 12% of the time each. Showing me a TAS video of you playing is about as accurate as taking one of the dice, rolling it until you get a 1, and saying "this isn't a biased die!" It doesn't actually prove anything - both dice can roll 1.

I have provided examples of how the game uses the PRNG values for battles over at Smogon.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3693066#post3693066

It simply calls for a random number, and derives a random value from it. Then it does a compare with the hard-coded chances like accuracy, and then the game carries out the result. It's straightforward and no funny business happens.

The reason I'm not providing concrete examples of how it operates is because it would give away how to cheat online. That is not the intention.

I severely doubt you could realistically abuse this online. Same seed + same input = same result every time... only the other player is part of the input, and doing something even slightly different than expected would be catastrophic to your RNG manipulations.

yes you can. not at a vgc though. you need an AR.
#55LOGlCPosted 11/6/2012 8:07:15 AM
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Will-o-Wisp will NEVER hit against Iris on the first turn. I saved right before Iris, had my Absol use Will-o-Wisp, and it missed. So i SR's and tried again, and it missed again. After ~10 SR's, it was still missing.

Will-o-Wisp has a 75% accuracy. Its a little hard to believe that it missed all 10 times, on the first turn. My Will-o-Wisp will always work on the 2+ turns against her however. WTF.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
#56Emperor_mateusPosted 11/6/2012 8:26:15 AM
I get frustrated by the rng screwing me over too, but was it ever proven that its rigged?
---
..Gwaar... Haaaarr... Haaaaaa... Shoulda brought... more priests... Or some... babies... Dang...
#57360pagesPosted 11/6/2012 8:27:22 AM
By what people are saying it is rigged, just randomly for or against you, depending on what you did before the battle and during it.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#58Swiftblade09Posted 11/6/2012 8:28:57 AM
LOGlC posted...
I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but Will-o-Wisp will NEVER hit against Iris on the first turn. I saved right before Iris, had my Absol use Will-o-Wisp, and it missed. So i SR's and tried again, and it missed again. After ~10 SR's, it was still missing.

Will-o-Wisp has a 75% accuracy. Its a little hard to believe that it missed all 10 times, on the first turn. My Will-o-Wisp will always work on the 2+ turns against her however. WTF.

It hits first turn. I know because will-o-wisp was part of how I fought her. Never missed once and it was my first attack against all of her pokemon.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
#59LOGlCPosted 11/6/2012 8:30:51 AM
Swiftblade09 posted...
LOGlC posted...

It hits first turn. I know because will-o-wisp was part of how I fought her. Never missed once and it was my first attack against all of her pokemon.

Well then why the heck did mine keep missing? -_- None of her Pokemon have brightpowder, do they?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
#60hellslingerPosted 11/6/2012 8:32:00 AM
This topic, yeah....
---
http://i.imgur.com/SvCJD.jpg