This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What types can they think of if they want to bring new types in Gen 6?

#41Spike RoseredPosted 11/6/2012 8:21:08 AM
Culture Type.

Then change Smeargle's type.
---
I've got tentacles ^_^
May the fresh scent of flowers protect you always!
#42Missingno_MastrPosted 11/6/2012 9:59:56 AM
xyzlactic posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Plastic-type
Weaknesses; Fire, Fighting, Steel, Rock, Dragon
Resistances; Water, Grass, Poison, Ground, Psychic
Immunities: None

I like this!!

Curious to know why dragon would be its weakness?

How well do you think anything made out of plastic is gonna hold up against a large, mythical beast?
---
I can help a dull day go by so much faster,
For I'm the rhyming fiend known as Missingno. Master.
#43trutenorPosted 11/6/2012 10:41:39 AM
The thing with the "light" type is that technically it exists and technically it doesn't.

Light type as in "justice", or "playing fair"? Fighting type.

Light type as in spiritual energy? Psychic type.

Light type as in light energy? Electric type (in addition to Fire's Sunny Day, Grass types Solarbeam, and Steel's Flash Cannon).

The rubber type sounds cool, but then the Electric type would have 2 types which it can't touch without a specific hidden power. Electric type would need a buff lest it becomes the new "poison type".

I like the idea of a sound type, and Voltorb/Electrode could be Electric/Sound.
---
Pokemon White FC: Gemini: 2623 2488 5243
#44xyzlactic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 3:19:02 AM
trutenor posted...
The thing with the "light" type is that technically it exists and technically it doesn't.

Light type as in "justice", or "playing fair"? Fighting type.

Light type as in spiritual energy? Psychic type.

Light type as in light energy? Electric type (in addition to Fire's Sunny Day, Grass types Solarbeam, and Steel's Flash Cannon).

The rubber type sounds cool, but then the Electric type would have 2 types which it can't touch without a specific hidden power. Electric type would need a buff lest it becomes the new "poison type".

I like the idea of a sound type, and Voltorb/Electrode could be Electric/Sound.

Rubber and Sound seem to be the best 2.
#45goodknifePosted 11/7/2012 3:33:28 AM
??? type with Wonder Guard
#46Grammar_manPosted 11/7/2012 4:40:18 AM
SpikeTbear posted...
I think if we're going to bother adding new types, they should help balance out the completely broken weaknesses, strengths and resistances. How about:

Curse Type

Super Effective against: Dragon, Curse
Not Very Effective Against: Ice, Poison, Ghost
Weak to: Curse, Poison
Resists: Dragon, Fighting

Basically, the uber powerful dragons have something to keep them in check a little. Ice gains a much needed resistance. And Poison gets the super effective hit it desperately needs.

This.

Perhaps Curse wouldn't be the best type for it, but you have everything else right.

Air/Wind Type? Too similar to Flying(which already does have a few wind attacks- those would have to be reassigned and some new Flying moves would be needed)?

Storms can cancel out other storms, it works as an anti-dragon type.
Colder weather tends to bring about less storms.(Ice Resist).
Poison can represent pollution.
Fighting would clearly not do much to the air...
#47MetaDeDeDePosted 11/7/2012 6:19:08 AM(edited)
Since there is a Dark type they might have to consider a Holy/Light type sooner or later

Holy/Light type

Attacking Move

2x aganist
Dark
Ghost
Psychic

Neautral towards
Normal
Fighting
Flying
Posion
Ground
Rock
Bug
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice Dragon

.5 aganist
Steel

Has no effect on 0x:
None

Defenses

Immune to 0x
None

Resistance .5x
Ghost
Psychic
Posion

Neautral to 1x
Normal
Fighting
Flying
Steel
Ground
Rock
Bug
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
Dragon

Weaknesses 2x
Dark

Arceus might end up getting this type in it's normal form making it more broken.
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Iris's Official Future Husband.
#48marvel_man615Posted 11/7/2012 6:41:40 AM
I would love a light/holy type. I loved the concept of them in the card games.

They don't have to appear opposite of dark, they can represent themselves. The attacks would be based on light energy and magic. Yes it would be similar to other types, but not the same. Light energy isn't the same as electricity or sunlight. And it's not like the typechart makes sense as it is. Rock and ground are very similar. And so are Dark and Ghost. I also love the concept of angelic like pokemon, so I'd be happy. However, I'd only want it if it balanced the game out, otherwise it's quite unnecessary.
---
I support: Toad, Ridley, Palutena, Dixie, Shadow, Bowser Jr, Daisy, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Pichu, Krystal and Shantae for SSB4!
#49Grammar_manPosted 11/7/2012 10:42:37 AM
MetaDeDeDe posted...
Since there is a Dark type they might have to consider a Holy/Light type sooner or later

It would actually be more of a Ghost counterpart. Dark moves are simple cheating moves, as opposed to the honorable fighting types. The ghosts are the primary "evil mages".

Holy/Light type

Attacking Move

2x aganist
Ghost
Dragon(Blessed weapons/artefacts of light are usually dragonslayers. St. George is well, a saint)

Remove Super effectiveness against Poison because lol Poison needs no more nerfs.

.5 aganist
Steel
Poison(Holy is much like ghost a rather non-tangible thing, and as such, I think Poison should be considered the tangible thng it has problems with)

Has no effect on 0x:
None

Defenses

Immune to 0x
None

Resistance .5x
Ghost
Dragon

Weaknesses 2x
Poison
Dark(corrupt)

Arceus might end up getting this type in it's normal form making it more broken.

Something of a fix
#50MileRunPosted 11/7/2012 12:07:18 PM
I like the idea of an Alien or Cosmic type. I'm not sure what its strengths and weaknesses would be, but a number of already-existing Psychic types can easily be retconned into Cosmic types without much incident. I'm thinking...

-Starmie
-Unown
-Lunatone
-Solrock
-Beldum line
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Cresselia
-Elgyem line

The Clefairy line also fits, and Sigilyph is another good candidate.
---
I claim to be the official Porygon2 of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
Scientist MileRun: WaRy associate