This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how much is your save file worth to you?

#31HozuPosted 11/6/2012 8:02:19 AM
I keep all my good Pokémon on a game that I can backup the save file for, as well as on Pokécheck.. So I would keep the most valuable stuff (the Pokémon) but lost the other progress, as well as access to certain things. Meh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#32zane0144Posted 11/6/2012 8:02:32 AM
NowYouJoe posted...
You can't hack the emotional connection that comes with having pokemon from Gen 3 and up on one file, bud

This, Still use Metagross, Milotic, Salamence(even if it's just for flying) and three starters. From FR Gengar, Dragonite, Alakazam, Scizor, and Tyranitar. All lv 100.

And Latios, still the most useful thing for the battle frontier.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#33HozuPosted 11/6/2012 8:14:18 AM
zane0144 posted...
NowYouJoe posted...
You can't hack the emotional connection that comes with having pokemon from Gen 3 and up on one file, bud

This, Still use Metagross, Milotic, Salamence(even if it's just for flying) and three starters. From FR Gengar, Dragonite, Alakazam, Scizor, and Tyranitar. All lv 100.

And Latios, still the most useful thing for the battle frontier.

I sure hope your Latios isn't from Ruby... :/
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_III#Roaming_IV_glitch
---
http://i.imgur.com/qCo47.png
#34TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 11/6/2012 8:53:24 AM
Honestly, my save wouldn't be worth much, but considering how I've traded with so many other GFaqs users since BW2, it would be wrong of me not to care about the pokemon they've traded me.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Black 2 FC: 2967 6431 8466 [Josh]
#35PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/6/2012 8:59:10 AM
I started backing up my game files and buying multiple copies of games for games I REALLY love, after I lost my first Pokemon Blue file to dropping it while in the Super Gameboy gamepak, so while it would be less of an issue for me I'd still be pretty pissed.

*looks at Mega Memory Cards for GBC games, GBA SP USB Backup Adaptors, Pokemon Box and DS Backup Adaptor*

My PRECIOUS.
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#36ZombieAkanePosted 11/6/2012 9:01:54 AM
Polimario posted...
ZombieAkane posted...
NowYouJoe posted...
ZombieAkane posted...
All hacked.

No value.

can aquire in seconds what took some of you years.

I can hack superior EV's and IV's in mere seconds. Your emotional connection doesn't make you stronger than me. If anything its a weakness, showing reluctance to use better Pokemon.

Is your name Silver or Paul? Your attitude seems familiar...

If Pokemon were real, it would make sense, we could actually have an emotional connection, much like we would with animals.

But this is a video game and nothing more. It's all about being the best, having the best stats, ruling the world.

Add hax and well, you actually have a ruined competitive community.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#37kabigon20Posted 11/6/2012 9:07:54 AM
Wow this thread is sad. Its a videogame guys. Those pokemon arent real. If you seriously have an emotional connection to pieces of data in a little cart someone didnt love you enough as a kid.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon White fc: 2752-6103-6557
#38PkmTrainerAbramPosted 11/6/2012 9:21:59 AM
People can and have emotional attachment to things that are not people. This is shocking why?
---
Currently playing: Animal Crossing DS, Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN)
#39KeyBlade999Posted 11/6/2012 9:37:01 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
The life of my 7th born son.

Is that some kind of obscure reference to the Septimus Heap (sp?) series?
---
Every wound a new opportunity, every curse a new challenge.
I shall encounter defeats... But I will not be defeated.
#40pmasterPosted 11/6/2012 9:40:50 AM
It's worth sooooo much to me. I would be heart broken if lost it or it stopped working. I traded my favorite pokemon into the game so yeah...