This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Doesn't care about competitive battling in Pokemon any more" base

#21Grammar_manPosted 11/8/2012 2:09:15 AM
BloodlustSweden posted...
Cares even less now because of the MLG/Elitist mentality that seems to always be present when it comes to Comp.Battling"-group

To be fair, non-competitive people are far ruder to the competetive group. You know, just like with SSB.

Not to mention how they often talk about having elitists impose their way of playing on them... then complain how they should take away the competetive style from the game itself. Talk about hypocritical.
#22supremeblasterPosted 11/8/2012 2:09:38 AM
ROFL@ Playing for the sake of the story.
If I wanted story, I would've rather played an NES game.
#23MC_BatCommanderPosted 11/8/2012 2:16:38 AM(edited)
But at the same time instead of knowing physical/special division for just types, you now had to learn whether the specific move is special or physical.

There's really nothing to learn. Except for some moves where it's kind of gray like Waterfall, they're all common sense. It ain't exactly hard to tell which is physical and which is special between Thunderpunch and Thundershock, plus the game literally tells you which is physical and special, so there's no need to learn anyways.
---
#24ZombieAkanePosted 11/8/2012 2:20:32 AM
supremeblaster posted...

This.

Competitive or gtfo, scrubs. It's you people who make everyone think that Pokemon is for nerds and kids.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#25KibalnuzukaPosted 11/8/2012 2:35:59 AM
ZombieAkane posted...
supremeblaster posted...

This.

Competitive or gtfo, scrubs. It's you people who make everyone think that Pokemon is for nerds and kids.

Isn't it? :o If anything I would think all the competitive stuff would make people think they are nerds.
---
Official Dunsparce of the PMD3 board
Check my profile for FCs.
#26ZombieAkanePosted 11/8/2012 2:37:41 AM
Kibalnuzuka posted...
ZombieAkane posted...
supremeblaster posted...

This.

Isn't it? :o If anything I would think all the competitive stuff would make people think they are nerds.

NO!!!

by showing the world how complicated pokemon really and truly is, we can prove ourselves.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#27extremegunnerPosted 11/8/2012 2:53:03 AM(edited)
Do whatever the **** you want. You like to play for the story? Good for you, nobody is taking that away from you, so please leave your nerd bait comments to yourself.

You can live in your delusions all you want, but the truth is this: The Battle Subway and PWT can be challenging even with a perfectly tailored team while the story remains ****. If you think that going around collecting random crap to improve your record in some stupid Fes mission is them 'focusing on minigames', your perception is skewed.
#28ParominPosted 11/8/2012 3:43:52 AM
My initial thesis was that Pokemon is not only about competitive battling,

Everyone knows that. Even communities centered around competitive battling acknowledge that.

contrary to popular opinion.

BW alone sold 15M last I remember. You're telling me that there are at least 7.5M+1 players out there who think Pokemon is only about competitive battling?

At least, you start to think that way after seeing that most discussions revolve around competitive side of games.

On what exactly are you basing this on? GameFAQs? Or, god forbid, Smogon?

And what does it matter? Let's say people on GameFAQs want to talk more about competitive battling. So what? Unless you're saying the GameFAQs forums are somehow a good representation of the player base for Pokemon games.

Which I don't care at all any more.

So you don't. Don't see why you suddenly have to bring in what GameFreak's focus is on with whatever point you're trying to make.

I am trying to prove the point of games being more than glorified preparation for PWT, Battle Subway (or whatever battle facility there was or will be) and VGC. One good thing about this game series is when you beat a game, you can do plenty of things depending on your mood and interests.

And whichever community you're basing this "competitive only" nonsense you're talking about apparently is in the mood and is interested in competitive activities only.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#29rabies_nekoPosted 11/8/2012 3:48:34 AM
I find it interesting how many people assume it can't be both. That all competitive players completely ignore collecting pokemon and playing through the game and that those who enjoy the story some how hate the competitive side of the game.

I did both, no time for competitive battling anymore but if I had some more free time I would gladly go back.
#30wutzgoodPosted 11/8/2012 4:42:57 AM(edited)
The only thing that's kept me playing this since catching them all is battling. Just bred 3 great stunkfisk yesterday which puts me at 333 ev trained pokes.

I don't bother playing on simulators since I find them boring compared to actual battles. Plus with all the pokes I have I never have a problem putting together just about any team.

Edit: also Nintendo put the PWT for people who want to battle. They do expect you to raise your own and not use some generator to make any poke you want with perfect ivs like a simulator. Try the rentals to see how much they want you to raise your own. It's nothing but crap.
---
I'm calling you an elitist, but I'm just gonna go ahead and leave a snooty remark as I go. I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 Black 0991 3491 6739