This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gen III still the black sheep of the franchise.

#41TherianReturnsPosted 11/8/2012 4:48:21 PM
There are no bad main games in the franchise. Shut up.
---
Let me make this clear; Generation 3 remakes are coming this generation, 5. Get over it.
#42FefnirOmega13Posted 11/8/2012 4:48:27 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Gen 3 games had the lowest sales of any generation and also was the least critically praised (especially compared to earlier generations) and there was a reason for that. As a matter of fact pokemon's popularity was actually decreasing during Ruby and Sapphire due to the lack of connectivity to earlier generations(the only games that had that problem) and also because people, especially kids, would rather play Yu-Gi-Oh. Emerald, and FireRed/Leaf/Green were Gen 3's only saving grace.

And to the people who say Gen 2's the black sheep; Gen 2 solidified Pokemon's status as a video game powerhouse as it continued the success of Red and Blue. As a previous user said, outside of this board, gen 3 is not as popular as it is here.

With that said, I'd rather listen to the critics and game sales, then the opinions os users on a message board.

Who are no more valid a reviewer than you, I or anyone else, incidentally. Lower game sales can be explained as the II games were on Game Boy and III required a GBA.

That said; Gen 2 (Read: GSC; HGSS are Gen IV games) was absolute garbage and I've posted this several times so the next time this topic is made I'm Ctrl-Cing my reply from a previous topic.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#43AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:59:16 PM(edited)
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Gen 3 games had the lowest sales of any generation and also was the least critically praised (especially compared to earlier generations) and there was a reason for that. As a matter of fact pokemon's popularity was actually decreasing during Ruby and Sapphire due to the lack of connectivity to earlier generations(the only games that had that problem) and also because people, especially kids, would rather play Yu-Gi-Oh. Emerald, and FireRed/Leaf/Green were Gen 3's only saving grace.

And to the people who say Gen 2's the black sheep; Gen 2 solidified Pokemon's status as a video game powerhouse as it continued the success of Red and Blue. As a previous user said, outside of this board, gen 3 is not as popular as it is here.

With that said, I'd rather listen to the critics and game sales, then the opinions os users on a message board.

Who are no more valid a reviewer than you, I or anyone else, incidentally. Lower game sales can be explained as the II games were on Game Boy and III required a GBA.

That said; Gen 2 (Read: GSC; HGSS are Gen IV games) was absolute garbage and I've posted this several times so the next time this topic is made I'm Ctrl-Cing my reply from a previous topic.

lol,let me rephrase, I'd rather listen to someone who gets paid to do what they do, I believe their opinions are slightly more valid, mind you they don't determine whether or not I decide to play the game. Also, D/P sales were higher than that R/S and they required a new system, how do you explain that?
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#44AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:53:26 PM
TherianReturns posted...
There are no bad main games in the franchise. Shut up.

Also, this.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#45Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/8/2012 4:54:06 PM
That said; Gen 2 (Read: GSC; HGSS are Gen IV games) was absolute garbage

yeah

HG/SS were only garbage
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#46HomeRowedPosted 11/8/2012 4:54:36 PM
Can't we all just get along? :(
---
HOME ROWED
ain't no skank
#47360pagesPosted 11/8/2012 4:55:22 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Ah, but reviews do influence sells, and what more people think how good a game is.
Your opinion is just as worthless as a reviewer, the difference is that people actually listens to them.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#48AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:57:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49FefnirOmega13Posted 11/8/2012 5:04:27 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...

lol,let me rephrase, I'd rather listen to someone who gets paid to do what they do, I believe their opinions are slightly more valid, mind you they don't determine whether or not I decide to play the game. Also, D/P sales were higher than that R/S and they required a new system, how do you explain that?

The DS has sold 150 million consoles to date
The GBA (+SP?) only sold about 80 million consoles
The original GB/Colour combined sold 120 million consoles.

Notice how the GBA sold the least.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#50JunahuPosted 11/8/2012 5:05:54 PM
Gastroid posted...
I'd call that new content. Structurally, the game was pretty much the same as Gen I, with only a handful of engine improvements (such as the new color palette for the GBC). The new game engine in Gen III was a radical departure from it, and is the base for all the generations we've seen since. I wasn't arguing from a gameplay perspective, but an engine one.

Fair enough, I wasn't arguing against Gen 3. Though it's hard to imagine what else Gen 2 could have done, given that it was a Gameboy game that had to maintain compatability with Gen 1