This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gen III still the black sheep of the franchise.

#51AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:10:08 PM(edited)
Lol, just because there were fewer systems doesn't influence the sales of their games (unless they were bundled), if anything it's the other way around. In case you didn't know the hardware and the software are 2 separate things.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#52TherianReturnsPosted 11/8/2012 4:08:54 PM
homerowed posted...
Can't we all just get along? :(

Said a troll.
---
Let me make this clear; Generation 3 remakes are coming this generation, 5. Get over it.
#53Meta289Posted 11/8/2012 4:13:22 PM
The thing that kept Gen 3 from being amazing was that abomination known as Blaziken.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#54TherianReturnsPosted 11/8/2012 4:15:06 PM
Meta289 posted...
The thing that kept Gen 3 from being amazing was that abomination known as Blaziken.

Fighting chickens aren't yo thang?
---
Let me make this clear; Generation 3 remakes are coming this generation, 5. Get over it.
#55FefnirOmega13Posted 11/8/2012 4:15:58 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Lol, just because there were fewer systems doesn't influence the sales of their games (unless they were bundled), if anything it's the other way around. In case you didn't know the hardware and the software are 2 separate things.

Fewer systems sold=Fewer systems to play the game on
Fewer systems to play the game on=Fewer reasons to buy a game for the system you haven't got

It's a much more logical thought output than "DAMN I CAN'T PORT MY POKEMON FORWARD GONNA BOYCOTT POKEMON FOREVER!"
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#56Meta289Posted 11/8/2012 4:18:26 PM
TherianReturns posted...
Meta289 posted...

Fighting chickens aren't yo thang?

Fighting Chicken =/= Street Fighter Furry

Blaziken would be the latter. If it, you know, actually looked like a bird of some sort, then I'd be fine with it. If a Pokemon doesn't even remotely look like what it's based on, then that's bad design.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#57AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:21:26 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Fewer systems sold=Fewer systems to play the game on
Fewer systems to play the game on=Fewer reasons to buy a game for the system you haven't got

It's a much more logical thought output than "DAMN I CAN'T PORT MY POKEMON FORWARD GONNA BOYCOTT POKEMON FOREVER!"

that's funny because that was the main complaint about the game. The video game software is what make the systems sell, that's basic logic. And how is "fewer systems sold = fewer systems to play the game on" when the less the system sells the more systems are out there to buy?
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#58KaguuraPosted 11/8/2012 4:22:03 PM
360pages posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Gen 3 games had the lowest sales of any generation and also was the least critically praised (especially compared to earlier generations) and there was a reason for that. As a matter of fact pokemon's popularity was actually decreasing during Ruby and Sapphire due to the lack of connectivity to earlier generations(the only games that had that problem) and also because people, especially kids, would rather play Yu-Gi-Oh. Emerald, and FireRed/Leaf/Green were Gen 3's only saving grace.

And to the people who say Gen 2's the black sheep; Gen 2 solidified Pokemon's status as a video game powerhouse as it continued the success of Red and Blue. As a previous user said, outside of this board, gen 3 is not as popular as it is here.

With that said, I'd rather listen to the critics and game sales, then the opinions os users on a message board.

Who are no more valid a reviewer than you, I or anyone else, incidentally. Lower game sales can be explained as the II games were on Game Boy and III required a GBA.

That said; Gen 2 (Read: GSC; HGSS are Gen IV games) was absolute garbage and I've posted this several times so the next time this topic is made I'm Ctrl-Cing my reply from a previous topic.

Ah, but reviews do influence sells, and what more people think how good a game is.
Your opinion is just as worthless as a reviewer, the difference is that people actually listens to them.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Is that why Resident Evil 6, despite being trashed to death by everyone, sold 1million in it's first week? So much for people listening to reviewers. Try again. :)
#59ExiledfmrealityPosted 11/8/2012 4:24:16 PM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Gen 3 games had the lowest sales of any generation and also was the least critically praised (especially compared to earlier generations) and there was a reason for that. As a matter of fact pokemon's popularity was actually decreasing during Ruby and Sapphire due to the lack of connectivity to earlier generations(the only games that had that problem) and also because people, especially kids, would rather play Yu-Gi-Oh. Emerald, and FireRed/Leaf/Green were Gen 3's only saving grace.

And to the people who say Gen 2's the black sheep; Gen 2 solidified Pokemon's status as a video game powerhouse as it continued the success of Red and Blue. As a previous user said, outside of this board, gen 3 is not as popular as it is here.

With that said, I'd rather listen to the critics and game sales, then the opinions os users on a message board.

Who are no more valid a reviewer than you, I or anyone else, incidentally. Lower game sales can be explained as the II games were on Game Boy and III required a GBA.

That said; Gen 2 (Read: GSC; HGSS are Gen IV games) was absolute garbage and I've posted this several times so the next time this topic is made I'm Ctrl-Cing my reply from a previous topic.

lol,let me rephrase, I'd rather listen to someone who gets paid to do what they do, I believe their opinions are slightly more valid, mind you they don't determine whether or not I decide to play the game. Also, D/P sales were higher than that R/S and they required a new system, how do you explain that?

The DS has sold 150 million consoles to date
The GBA (+SP?) only sold about 80 million consoles
The original GB/Colour combined sold 120 million consoles.

Notice how the GBA sold the least.

The GBA had the shortest life cycle, that's why, from 2001 to probably 2006 or so, although the DS did come out in November 2004 (and don't give me the BS with the "three pronged strategy"). RS came out in 2003, only two years after the original GBA. GB had been out for nine years (since 1989) when Pokemon hit NA in 1998, so of course more people had a GB than GBA.
---
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith
#60AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 4:25:46 PM
Kaguura posted...
360pages posted...
FefnirOmega13 posted...

Ah, but reviews do influence sells, and what more people think how good a game is.
Your opinion is just as worthless as a reviewer, the difference is that people actually listens to them.

LOLOLOLOLOL. Is that why Resident Evil 6, despite being trashed to death by everyone, sold 1million in it's first week? So much for people listening to reviewers. Try again. :)

Lol, games selling that fast is usually because they were highly anticipated. long-term sales speak more to the games credibility.
---