This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gen III still the black sheep of the franchise.

#81CarefreeDudePosted 11/8/2012 5:46:54 PM
I think gen 3 got hate because a ton of pokemon were missing from ruby and sapphire, and you couldnt trade with gold silver and crystal
---
A signature? What would I want that for?
heh, not like anyone actually reads these.
#82brawl__08Posted 11/8/2012 5:48:58 PM
I think gen 3 got hate because a ton of pokemon were missing from ruby and sapphire, and you couldnt trade with gold silver and crystal

It's the only notable reason, but people seem to disregard the immensely large list of flaws that GSC had JUST because it had the ability to trade with past games.

That's pretty damn shallow, but eh, I guess gen 2 is meant to separate the people who want games and the people who want nostalgia. No other way to put it.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#83AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 5:57:54 PM
brawl__08 posted...
What are you even talking about, I said anything could happen with the remakes, they didn't sell well but the creator has a soft spot for them.

That's what I'm getting at.

They didn't sell well? Best selling GBA titles, about 13-14 million units sold, not counting Emerald, is bad?

Hell, it's not even the worst if you count remakes. HGSS only got to 11 or 12 million, which I know you'll use as an argument against RS, but I'll just remind you that the DS has sold almost as much as the PS2 whereas the GBA is already largely known as the least selling Nintendo handheld from the Gameboy onwards, so differences in sales of hardware will naturally affect the sales of the games.

76, is't horrible. It's not a 4.0 either. You said half the fan base hates the game, but it still sold well.

You and/or Aurora are mentioning how low gen 3's scores were compared to other games, when RS had like 84s compared to some other games having 88 or something, which makes no sense as a complaint if you're gonna bring up RE6 when RE4 had 90+ scores and RE5 was... well, it was lower, but not as low as RE6. Either be consistent on praising games or just stop.

And games are naturally purchased before fans can make judgement. Of course the sales were good, people had to buy the game to even see if they like it, especially seeing as how options for rentals these days are dwindling.

And something no selling well is a good reason not to remake it, just like the creator liking it is a good reason to remake it.

Do you even know what you're saying? You DO realize that RS didn't sell poorly by any stretch of the imagination, considering the GBA sold 20 or so million less units than the GB/GBC, right?

Oh screw it, you never realize this, no matter how many times I bring it up.

Go compare Mario and Zelda sales between their GB titles and their GBA titles. You WILL notice that the GBA titles sold less, and lack of quality isn't going to function as an excuse for every video game that shares this trait.

No, the reason why they are higher is because there were more games in gen 3 than Gen 2 but Gold/Silver sold more than any of them individually. And btw, the Playstation 2 sold the most systems than any other system, but Super Mario Bros sold more than any of their games how can you explain that going by your logic?

That's missing the point of my "GBA had the lowest sales" thing, but since you covered that with faulty reasoning, I'll respond with this to your example:

Super Mario bros was bundled with the NES. Duh? Did you seriously not know this?

Man, this was almost too easy. You guys are either holding back or you aren't a challenge at all.

Oh yeah, and Wii Sports is the best selling game of all time. The logic of a certain individual who lacks common sense dictates that, because it's the best selling game, it's the most popular and has the greatest fan reception, thus it's a very high quality title and probably better than every other game ever.

Super Mario Bros was a bad example as I will admit to that, but Ruby and Sapphire has had more complaints than any other pokemon game in the main series and that is fact because people were disappointed for the lack of connecting to older generations. It may very well be stupid but it's how it is. Also, if it's within a franchise the best selling game is usually the most popular, going back to games such as Super Mario Bros since it is the most popular out of every Mario game.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#84AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 6:02:06 PM
brawl__08 posted...

It's the only notable reason, but people seem to disregard the immensely large list of flaws that GSC had JUST because it had the ability to trade with past games.

That's pretty damn shallow, but eh, I guess gen 2 is meant to separate the people who want games and the people who want nostalgia. No other way to put it.

What about the people that prefer Gen IV and V over Gen 3?
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#85NoseReaperPosted 11/8/2012 6:05:26 PM
Gen. 3 isn't getting a large amount of hate now; it seems more people love it than ever before, just just Gen. 2 did before HG/SS came out.
---
You fail at life. Go away.
#86AuroraSonicBeamPosted 11/8/2012 6:07:20 PM
I believe the reason for that is because they want the remakes, which I would like as well.
---
#87PolimarioPosted 11/8/2012 6:10:23 PM
I don't think Gen III is the Black Sheep. Why?

-Aggron
-Emerald
-FireRed/LeafGreen
-Aggron
-Battle Frontier
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
-Aggron
-Deoxys
-Improved engine
-Aggron
-Running
-Salamence
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#88ClassyOldHatPosted 11/8/2012 6:13:44 PM
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
Gen 2 only added to Gen 1

gen 2 removed halfway-decent game design for LOL NIGHT AND DAY and LOL BABIES

Ugh, I will admit flaws in gen 2, but if a generation3 player is seriously criticizing the inclusion of babies in gen 2, I lose all respect (though your need to resort to all caps to mock those who hold different opinions from your own shows you don't deserve much respect anyway).

Gen 2 are the only games where the inclusion of baby Pokemon could be justified. They needed to find some way to motivate players to experiment with the breeding features, and seeing as "Catching them all" still seemed viable back in those days, exclusive Pokemon were a nice way to do it.

Gen 3 is where babies became truly marketing-only gimmick that served no purpose. And as if that wasn't enough, it felt the need to introduce perhaps the most pointless breeding feature in the franchise: incense breeding.
#89360pagesPosted 11/8/2012 6:16:12 PM
I'm not trying because I don't care. You switched to another account yelled and trying to get me to reply for whatever reason, when I made it clear that I didn't want to talk to you. You can talk behind my back if you want, go ahead. But I do not want to have a conversation with you. You can ignore me, or say something like “lol, you're so dumb I won't block you because you always give me a laugh.” I don't care, the only reason I'm even typing this is because you keep dragging me into something I wish to have no part of.

You win. Happy? I promise I'm not going to respond to anything you say from here on out.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#90evillockePosted 11/8/2012 6:21:50 PM
Gen 3 ftw
---
Offical Breloom of all pokemon boards.
R.I.P Final fantasy: March 2003.