This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gen III still the black sheep of the franchise.

#91GastroidPosted 11/8/2012 7:32:18 PM
I'm not trying because I don't care. You switched to another account yelled and trying to get me to reply for whatever reason, when I made it clear that I didn't want to talk to you. You can talk behind my back if you want, go ahead. But I do not want to have a conversation with you. You can ignore me, or say something like “lol, you're so dumb I won't block you because you always give me a laugh.” I don't care, the only reason I'm even typing this is because you keep dragging me into something I wish to have no part of.

You win. Happy? I promise I'm not going to respond to anything you say from here on out.

Did... did I miss something?
---
Nirodha Syroid
Certified Destruction
#92360pagesPosted 11/8/2012 7:36:57 PM
Gastroid posted...
I'm not trying because I don't care. You switched to another account yelled and trying to get me to reply for whatever reason, when I made it clear that I didn't want to talk to you. You can talk behind my back if you want, go ahead. But I do not want to have a conversation with you. You can ignore me, or say something like “lol, you're so dumb I won't block you because you always give me a laugh.” I don't care, the only reason I'm even typing this is because you keep dragging me into something I wish to have no part of.

You win. Happy? I promise I'm not going to respond to anything you say from here on out.

Did... did I miss something?

Oh nothing important. Sorry I wasn't talking to you.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#93GastroidPosted 11/8/2012 7:38:46 PM
I know it wasn't for me. It was just such a random outburst.
---
Dukkha Syroid
Servant of Gemini
#94360pagesPosted 11/8/2012 7:50:37 PM
Gastroid posted...
I know it wasn't for me. It was just such a random outburst.

Meh, it was for brawl 08, lets leave it at that. If I continue he might get the idea I'm bad mouthing him.
---
#95mada7Posted 11/8/2012 8:24:56 PM
Every gen had its problems and ultimately your favorite gen boils down to what flaws bother you the least.

Gen 1 had no answers to psychic types at all to the point where alakazam can clear the entire game except sabrina and fr/lg only slightly helped with a few pokemon that already had bite now having a dark type move

Gen 2 for some reason hid away pretty much all the dark and steel types in the game and only gave you access to a lot of the new pokemon once you beat the elite 4 and already had your team set. The wild pokemon in this gen were also horrendously underleveled giving you no chance to grind on them to get ready for a gym leader and they amazingly kept this in the remakes

Gen 3 had too much water and way too many pokemon that are really difficult to find despite being horrendously useless like chingling, tropius and surskit. This was also the gen that required the most games to complete the pokedex

Gen 4 is the only gen with a map so confusing I got lost and couldnt figure out where to go, introduced what are hands down the stupidest HMs ever in rock climb and defog, and took the lack of fire types to a whole new level where the fire member of the elite 4 only had 2 fire types and there was an elite 4 member that had a pokemon that was only weak to fire attacks

Gen 5 took the linearity of the game to a whole new level which was kinda fixed with the sequels, and the all new pokemon claim was somewhat undermined with pokemon like wubat and patrattata

So just pick the flaws that bother you the least and play those.
---
Wall-Mart the place you go when you just got to meat a true moron -Lord of Phendrana
Pokemon Black FC = 3396 8733 5419
#96brawl__08Posted 11/8/2012 8:58:53 PM(edited)
Super Mario Bros was a bad example as I will admit to that, but Ruby and Sapphire has had more complaints than any other pokemon game in the main series and that is fact because people were disappointed for the lack of connecting to older generations. It may very well be stupid but it's how it is. Also, if it's within a franchise the best selling game is usually the most popular, going back to games such as Super Mario Bros since it is the most popular out of every Mario game.

SMB was popular for the reason that it was bundled as well as the original arcade game existing.

Anyways, yeah, it is stupid and that is how it is, but that doesn't mean it should be taken into consideration now seeing as things have changed, are changing, and likely will change in the coming years. Just a few years back, wouldn't most people have said that gen 3 was the least favorite? Clearly, as one of the aforementioned links ITT showed, that's changed. And it's not just here either. I've seen gen 3 love outside these boards and, more importantly, outside this site, even as far as IRL.

The only perplexing part is that it's happening with the older players who clearly played GSC and in many cases RBY as well, so I dunno what's up with that. Maybe it's a herd mentality thing.

What about the people that prefer Gen IV and V over Gen 3?

Dunno what you're asking for exactly.

I can tell you right now that I'm one of those people though.

Gen 2 are the only games where the inclusion of baby Pokemon could be justified. They needed to find some way to motivate players to experiment with the breeding features, and seeing as "Catching them all" still seemed viable back in those days, exclusive Pokemon were a nice way to do it.

Gen 3 is where babies became truly marketing-only gimmick that served no purpose. And as if that wasn't enough, it felt the need to introduce perhaps the most pointless breeding feature in the franchise: incense breeding.

Isn't this reasoning kind of flawed? Baby Pokemon being used to help with breeding is essentially a gimmick within itself that only offered itself to remain a gimmick factor.

Consider this: New players are always joining in, so to compensate for their lack of knowledge, Gamefreak will have to adjust the Pokemon selection so that they can understand concepts as well, if not better, than the previous generation. As such, more babies.

Not supporting the system at all, but it works both ways. Besides, Wynaut and Azurill didn't do too much damage. Azumarill and Wobbuffet weren't particularly in need of evolutions thanks to their abilities from that generation. Bonsly and Mime Jr. though...

The account switch was due to limits in posting. 3 posts in 15 minute rule, you see.

Anyways, this isn't what I was aiming for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHZY3R5j12o

What I desire is to bring out the entirety of your opinions to see how and why you think what you think If I can accomplish that, I don't care what it takes! If it means having a peaceful discussion, then so be it! If it means I have to use a merciless approach, like what I've done so far, and force out all of your words, then so be it! And yes, if the entire board is destroyed as a result, then so be it...
#97pectus_umbraPosted 11/8/2012 8:58:38 PM
I actually liked gen 3 in a lot of ways. Cool world with variety (volcanic ash anyone?), some cool mechanics introduced, like the original contests, and some really cool and memorable pokemon, even if they weren't all great (Skarmory, Zangoose, Banette).

Admittedly, losing time and your pokemon was a kick though. but it's the gen I feel I've returned to more than any other.
---
Tired of photobucket and imageshack? Ask me about dropbox.
#98_Rinka_Posted 11/8/2012 8:59:51 PM
Aesthetics- II is the worst imo
Game-wise (playing through the story)- IV is the worst
---
PS0 Jonzilla, Rinka-1247-8823-3773
Pokemon White, John- 2150-7554-9704
#99360pagesPosted 11/8/2012 9:05:36 PM
pectus_umbra posted...
I actually liked gen 3 in a lot of ways. Cool world with variety (volcanic ash anyone?), some cool mechanics introduced, like the original contests, and some really cool and memorable pokemon, even if they weren't all great (Skarmory, Zangoose, Banette).

Admittedly, losing time and your pokemon was a kick though. but it's the gen I feel I've returned to more than any other.

Skarmory was gen 2.
---
#100LostSoulCaliburPosted 11/8/2012 9:06:43 PM
I = II = III = V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IV
---
http://agaminggenesis.wordpress.com/
Video Game Reviews, Editorials, Impressions, and more!