This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Average Age of Pokemon Players?

#111yobanakgawPosted 11/12/2012 4:53:16 AM
TherianReturns posted...
moneyman82 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
21-25 is winning

No comment.

Lol what's that supposed to mean? :P

It means that I am shocked that older people play Pokemon.

Perhaps more time spent on a career and less on Pokemon would be refreshing for the future of the world.

Meh whaddya gonna do? :P

LOL! How old are you?

Oh kids... You'll understand soon though.
---
White 2 FC: 4342 0490 8927
If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles - Art of War
#112NeutronStar256Posted 11/12/2012 5:52:19 AM
I'm 18. I started with Ruby and Sapphire versions during elementary school. I was thinking that by now I would consider Pokemon dumb and childish but it's much deeper if you look beyond the surface. That's what's neat about Pokemon: it can be fun for little kids as well as older people who play competitively; in other words, it can be very simple... or very complicated depending on how it is looked at. I think that's why IVs and EVs are not shown in the game, because it would make it too complex for younger children
---
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
#113XWolfOPosted 11/12/2012 6:12:16 AM
TherianReturns posted...
moneyman82 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
21-25 is winning

No comment.

Perhaps more time spent on a career and less on Pokemon would be refreshing for the future of the world.

lol

As if my career's gonna change the world. Give me a break, kid. I can do what I want.
---
It's-a me!
#114moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:52:06 AM
NeutronStar256 posted...
I'm 18. I started with Ruby and Sapphire versions during elementary school. I was thinking that by now I would consider Pokemon dumb and childish but it's much deeper if you look beyond the surface. That's what's neat about Pokemon: it can be fun for little kids as well as older people who play competitively; in other words, it can be very simple... or very complicated depending on how it is looked at. I think that's why IVs and EVs are not shown in the game, because it would make it too complex for younger children

Couldn't agree more. Essentially, it has aspects that appeal to all ages.
---
Want the latest video game news? Check out my blog! www.thevideogamenews.blogspot.com
#115uuurrrgghPosted 11/12/2012 12:06:47 PM(edited)
13, played pokemon ever since yellow
EDIT: wow, youngest guy here. I'm surprised :o
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#116Toejam and EarlPosted 11/12/2012 12:06:19 PM
moneyman82 posted...
TherianReturns posted...
21-25 is winning

No comment.

My career is beating youngin's like yourself at pokemon. But really, i work 35-40 hours a week and still have 3 day weekends full of time. It's usually not until you add a family into the equation that you start losing time. Anyways I'm surprised at the vote results but we were the ones that "grew up" with pokemon so I guess the lead makes sense.
---
bawlz
#117moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:02:41 PM
uuurrrggh posted...
13, played pokemon ever since yellow
EDIT: wow, youngest guy here. I'm surprised :o

I think "ever since" kind of implies that you played it since it came out :P But it's definitely good to see a young person playing one of the "classics", much respect!
---
Want the latest video game news? Check out my blog! www.thevideogamenews.blogspot.com
#118bandit_wolfPosted 11/12/2012 5:08:17 PM
Played since R/B. I would sit in Science class and trade/battle in 10th grade.
---
PS Deputy & Dex Filler__Jobs:64_Topics:29
Currently not helping as DS is broken
#119GalladetheGreatPosted 11/12/2012 5:17:12 PM
---
http://i.imgur.com/dNXZN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/zr7iv.jpg
#120Blaze_of_OrangePosted 11/12/2012 5:19:24 PM
I just turned 22, still playing strong.
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
Orangefire0