This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Average Age of Pokemon Players?

#61TrueKirbyPosted 11/9/2012 2:12:48 PM
Pokemon 1 on DS???!??!?! Shoot man, the first Pokemon was on Gameboy.
Anyways, I'm 14 and my first Pokemon was Blue...Funny, I thought the Pokefans here would be younger, what with all the "Pokaymon is 4 babbies." and all that.
---
Ahem. Ahem Ahem Ahem *coughs* NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!
#62Heartless18Posted 11/9/2012 2:18:46 PM
Sorry, the Gameboy was before my time (even though I was a kid when it first came out!). I should say that the first Pokemon on DS was my first Pokemon game.
---
Breaking Hearts With Every Heartbeat
#63ratchet200Posted 11/9/2012 2:18:56 PM
Im 22 and this topic makes me feel a whole lot better about playing Pokemon at my age :D Cheers TC!
#64AwesomeMarioPosted 11/9/2012 2:20:42 PM
I'm 16. Have played pokemon since the Very first gen.
---
Friend Codes and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#65moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 2:21:58 PM
nimerjm37 posted...
You guys make me like I'm ancient.

I'm 31.

I started with Red/Blue on Game Boy in 1996. I got the special Nintendo Power VHS of the cartoon's first three episodes. It was available only through a special "send away for it" promotion about six months before the show ever made it to American television. After that, I called EB Games every day asking if Pokemon had come in yet; most of the employees had no idea what I was talking about. I went and bought both versions, Red and Blue, the first day they arrived at EB.

Skip ahead about three years and Pokemon was all anyone is talking about. The cards couldn't be restocked fast enough and the show was the most watched kid's show on TV. I NEVER thought it would be the phenomenon it turned out to be.

Now, in 2012, I'm 31 and I still play every single Pokemon RPG that comes out. My PC box has one each of all 648 Pokemon (Meloetta isn't available in the U.S.; it will make the complete 649 when it is released), a feat that took nearly 600 hours across generations of Pokemon games. And I did it without cheating once.

The only difference between me playing Pokemon way back then and me playing now is that now I play with my wife, and when my daughter is born (April - woo-hoo!), I'll play with her, too. This leads me to believe that anyone who thinks they are "too old" for Pokemon is a blithering idiot.

D: Pokemon Red and Blue weren't out in NA until 1998...did you order them from Europe/Australia??
---
Want the latest video game news? Check out my blog! www.thevideogamenews.blogspot.com
#66moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 2:23:08 PM
XWolfO posted...
moneyman82 posted...
XWolfO posted...
How many threads like these do you need to reassure you that you're not too old to still be playing?

Lol buddy, you have no reason to worry about that. I play Pokemon openly at University along with my friends, and those who don't always get engaged because they're curious how it's changed since they played. I am a firm believer that Pokemon is timeless. I'm just curious to see the demographics of the GameFAQs board, that's all.

All right. I'm just kinda tired of topics like this one.

26, FYI. Since I didn't say earlier.

Ok well I'm sorry, I just don't really come to this board often and I haven't seen any topics like this before D:
---
Want the latest video game news? Check out my blog! www.thevideogamenews.blogspot.com
#67SkyShinryuPosted 11/9/2012 2:35:15 PM
TrueKirby posted...
Pokemon 1 on DS???!??!?! Shoot man, the first Pokemon was on Gameboy.
Anyways, I'm 14 and my first Pokemon was Blue...Funny, I thought the Pokefans here would be younger, what with all the "Pokaymon is 4 babbies." and all that.

You probably heard that from middle school children.
With the wide range of differently aged people playing pokemon, and I am assuming most of them are in the late teens... I'm guessing the average players are between 21-25.
---
3DS FC: 1247-0061-8667
Waiting for: Bravely Default, Ace Attorney 5
#68moneyman82(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 2:35:52 PM
ratchet200 posted...
Im 22 and this topic makes me feel a whole lot better about playing Pokemon at my age :D Cheers TC!

Aha! No problem man, don't you worry about playing Pokemon, it's a timeless classic! People who were our age played Red/Blue when they came out, so why can't we play it now? There was just a phase in around 2004 when older kids thought they were cool by deeming Pokemon as "uncool". Now, however, I know for a fact that most college/university students love it and play it frequently in dorms and on campus.
---
#69The_DespairPosted 11/9/2012 2:40:55 PM
24 years old here! Playing since the Yellow Version came out a, well, few years ago :P
#70skrilla88Posted 11/9/2012 2:47:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]