This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Gamefreak break compatibility next gen?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 11/9/2012 12:12:35 PM
When people discovered that Ruby and Sapphire were incompatible with Gold and Silver, many people were enraged. But at the same time, the lack of compatibility allowed for them to change the game in many ways and was a breath of fresh air for the series. They were able to add abilities and natures, and give Sp.A and Sp.D their own IVs/EVs.

If they were to break compatibility, they would be able to add things like new stats, a changed battle system, or maybe many other things. They could also fix some of the series problems. Stealth Rock broken? Just give it to less Pokemon or get rid of it, and don't worry about people importing the move. A fan favorite kind of sucks? Just give it whole new stats!
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 10. People who Disagree:4
#2RunebogglePosted 11/9/2012 12:13:47 PM
I couldn't care less if they broke compatibility.
Well, scratch that. I'd care enough to laugh at everyone who would be raging.
---
Si || A third had died in his bunk of natural causes--for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.
#3MugilokoPosted 11/9/2012 12:14:06 PM
Runeboggle posted...
I couldn't care less if they broke compatibility.
Well, scratch that. I'd care enough to laugh at everyone who would be raging.

---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. "Squids are evil!" Official Zoroark of the Pokemon boards
#4XWolfOPosted 11/9/2012 12:14:13 PM
Yes they should.
---
It's-a me!
#5LOGlCPosted 11/9/2012 12:15:47 PM
It would give GameFreak an opportunity to redistribute a Pokemon's stats, or add/change a second type. I support it because there are a lot of Pokemon that desperately need new stats or a re-evaluation of their type.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE
#6jayman7Posted 11/9/2012 12:16:48 PM
*looks at my huge set of Pokemon, which was a full living Pokedex in the fourth gen and threatens to become one again*

No.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#7jayman7Posted 11/9/2012 12:17:28 PM
LOGlC posted...
It would give GameFreak an opportunity to redistribute a Pokemon's stats, or add/change a second type. I support it because there are a lot of Pokemon that desperately need new stats or a re-evaluation of their type.

The second gen redistributed Pokemon's stats and added a second type to Magnemite and Magneton. It didn't break compatibility.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8coreekymonPosted 11/9/2012 12:17:59 PM
No they shouldn't do it I would be absolutely furious if they did. There aren't any changes big enough to warrant incompatibility that I would want to see.
---
Please check out my blog/guide to competitive pokemon at pkmntrainercory.blogspot.com
#9residentbowersPosted 11/9/2012 12:18:49 PM
it would be kinda nice. it would be that final push that makes it clear that after all these years i know its finally time to stop playing pokemon.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#10LOGlCPosted 11/9/2012 12:19:37 PM
jayman7 posted...
LOGlC posted...

The second gen redistributed Pokemon's stats and added a second type to Magnemite and Magneton. It didn't break compatibility.

You cannot trade between G/S/C and R/S/E. Pokemon like Electrode could benefit from something like this.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE