The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the Air Balloon even work?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. How does the Air Balloon even work?
3 years ago#1
Think about it. A balloon, filled with air (not helium, not hydrogen, normal air), not only is capable of lifting something off the ground in general, can lift a 2000 lb. Groudon OFF THE GROUND, ENOUGH THAT IT IS UNAFFECTED BY AN EARTHQUAKE! It's not even hot air! How does it work?

OK, I know that Pokémon and logic are mutually exclusive, but how?

Also, obligatory how does Elektross levitate question.
---
Plasmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(whew)
3 years ago#2
Also, obligatory how does Elektross levitate question.

Magnet Rise, but permanent.
---
Swagodile's alt.
3 years ago#3
Same way a Pidgey can fly you across the country.
---
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.
3 years ago#4
>Logic
>In pokemon
Pick one.
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon White fc: 2752-6103-6557
3 years ago#5
Maybe the Air balloon doesn't move the pokemon, it moves the air around the pokemon, lifting it up. Hence the name Air balloon.

No wait that's stupid. Carry on.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Black 2 FC: 0777 2092 3156 Marvin.
3 years ago#6
Even if we ignore that and we accept that a balloon can lift any Pokemon, there's something else. How do Pokemon floating in the air maneuver around to use moves like Tackle?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
3 years ago#7
pokedude900 posted...
Same way a Pidgey can fly you across the country.

By calling on a flock of other Pidgey? They're definitely common enough.

Also, to "No logic in Pokémon", I know. I'm just asking whether there might just be something other than faith on this one.
---
Plasmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(whew)
3 years ago#8
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Think about it. A balloon, filled with air (not helium, not hydrogen, normal air),

As if Pokémon is the first thing to get this wrong. Just today, I watched a Looney Toons episode where Bugs inflated someone (one of those second-string rivals of his) with a bike pump and they floated away as if filled with helium.

It's a common media trope that any gas will turn a semi-flexible, somewhat hollow object into a balloon.
---
PKMN Black 2: 4900 3748 6340 | 3DS: 1204 0469 8787
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
3 years ago#9
It's a magic balloon.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
3 years ago#10
Maybe it fills their heads with happy thoughts, and they fly Peter Pan style. It is a rather pretty shade of red after all.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
Strifehart is my OTP. FC: 4170-0917-6393 services performed at BSC: 1 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. How does the Air Balloon even work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived