This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Kyurem is stronger: Black or White?

#21jayman7Posted 11/12/2012 4:45:45 PM
solarisjedi posted...
Raw strength wise, they're about equal, but White has the advantage of having unresisted STAB, and Black kind of got screwed a little in not having any decent physical ice moves.

White Kyurem does not have unresisted STAB. It learns Fusion Flare, which is probably where you're going with that, and has Turboblaze to be able to hit the likes of Heatran, but does not get STAB on it.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#22AwesomeMarioPosted 11/12/2012 5:01:58 PM
Kyurem-W is the best of all Kyurem formes. I feel disappointed with Kyurem-B though but that's what he gets with Kyurem. Worst movepool out of all of them.
---
Friend Codes and PSN is in profile
People who think I'm Awesome: 16
#23DemiseEndPosted 11/12/2012 5:16:18 PM
Aside from the obvious movepool stats issue, Black faced the safety issue
Both forme has the same selling point in sheer power

Let's make an overview here, both Kyurem has a consistent STAB in Dragon Claw/Pulse and a Risky move in DM/Outrage

Their Risky move has a massive difference. Outrage forces you to be unable to switch. DM allows switching while at the same time has massive power to 2HKO some resistors eveen with weakened moves. Outrage did not have the weakening part, but it locked you onto that move, while putting being stuck with a 95 speed.
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it
#24infinitexxPosted 11/12/2012 5:24:10 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
White is vastly superior.

Out of context quote of the day.

It's from Catcher Freeman, I think he meant what he said.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#25TropiOUsPosted 11/12/2012 5:41:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26TropiOUsPosted 11/12/2012 5:43:29 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
Black Kyurem's Physical Options for STAB are Outrage and LolFreezeShock, because of this, it has to go mixed and is easily walled by any burly Steel-Type.

If Black Kyurem is going mixed, it's carrying either HP Fire or Earth Power (rarely, even both).

Earth Power or Focus Blast are the superior options to wreck steel-types in the switch in. HP fire is really only hitting Forry that can't hurt Kyurem-B at all without gyro ball, and even if it has that, focus blast or earth power will finish it off before it uses it for a second time. Scizor and Genesect are only coming in to revenge a locked/weakened Kyurem-B. Now for Ferrothorn depending on the spread you can simply 2HKO with Ice Beam or maybe need to hit it hard with focus blast before Ice beam can finish it off.

And if for some reason somone wants to run Kyurem-B in hail: 252+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem-B Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 173-204 (49.14 - 57.95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and weather.

Forgot something, Earth Power 2hkoes Jirachi, and taking down that thing is way harder than removing Ferrothorn or other steel types.

TL;DR: HP Fire is useless.
#27solarisjediPosted 11/13/2012 11:21:14 AM
jayman7 posted...
solarisjedi posted...
Raw strength wise, they're about equal, but White has the advantage of having unresisted STAB, and Black kind of got screwed a little in not having any decent physical ice moves.

White Kyurem does not have unresisted STAB. It learns Fusion Flare, which is probably where you're going with that, and has Turboblaze to be able to hit the likes of Heatran, but does not get STAB on it.

Yeah, I screwed up my words because I was thinking about Reshiram when I said that.
---
Official Nidoking of the Pokemon Boards