The "I never knew <Pokemon> was <Type>!" topic

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. The "I never knew <Pokemon> was <Type>!" topic

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
4 years ago#81
Not a Pokemon, but I have trouble thinking of Bite as a Dark type move. When I think about a Pokemon learning Bite, I always expect a Normal type move to come up.
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)

User Info: BrightSeraph

BrightSeraph
4 years ago#82
Kept forgetting Drapion's typing for the longest time.
"A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not this day."
- Aragorn

User Info: BrightSeraph

BrightSeraph
4 years ago#83
reaverz posted...
It's not related to types, but I always do a double-take when I use Grass-type moves and activate Sap Sipper. For some reason I'm still not used to a Grass immunity.

^ This. I got suckered by Sap Sipper three times before I realized I wasn't doing anything. Probably distracted by TV.
"A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not this day."
- Aragorn

User Info: Exiledfmreality

Exiledfmreality
4 years ago#84
Let's see. I didn't realize that the first two Nidos are pure poison type, and that only Niodking and Nidoqueen are Ground/Poison. That would explain why Surf wasn't SE.

I'd been playing a lot of Yellow recently, so when I switched to Crystal, I forgot that my Croconaw could beat Morty up easily with Bite. (I still thought that Bite was Normal-type.)

i sorely wished that Magnemite was part Steel in Yellow as I had Double Kick Niodrino, but alas, it was only Electric.

I was pissed to find out that Gust was Normal type in Gen I, so I ditched Pidgey because it would only learn a decent Flying type attack at Level 28 (if i allowed it to evolve, Pidegot wouldn't learn it until Level 33). Meanwhile, the Level 10 Spearow I just caught already had Peck on it.
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith

User Info: lighting_deity

lighting_deity
4 years ago#85
pikachupwnage posted...
I have always known the type of every pokemon.

I learned types very quick even when I was but a wee little lad of 4 years old smiting caterpies in viridian forest
if life gives you melons, you are probably dyslexic

User Info: analyticalkeys

analyticalkeys
4 years ago#86
I use the Klink line all the time, but I always forget that it's just Steel, not Electric/Steel.
Pokemon Black 2 Code: [ScottyJ ] 2838-8164-4143

User Info: txrdriftking

txrdriftking
4 years ago#87
Accelgor
Bisharp

And I keep thinking that Steel type moves are super effective against Water. I can't help myself...
"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
I say the egg, because it is a breakfast food. People who agree: 28

User Info: Gaming_Mastery

Gaming_Mastery
4 years ago#88
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
I still have no idea what type Dunsparce is.

Dis

Why isn't Lugia water or Ice type?
Boycott Cartoon Network until they bring back the DC NATION block before January.

User Info: Meltemi_Rafala

Meltemi_Rafala
4 years ago#89
Drapion tends to fake me out, as do the two fossil Pokemon from Gen3. I can never remember their second typing, even though it's not exactly subtle (grass for the sea lily, bug for the proto-arthropod). For the longest time, I also thought Suicune was Ice and not Water, for some strange reason: probably accidental conflation of the Beast Trio with the Bird Trio.
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.

User Info: inulvr61998

inulvr61998
4 years ago#90
I have never had a hard time keeping Pokemon's types straight-- until Gen 5. I keep thiking the Gothitelle line is a group of DARK types, not psychic. I thought it was a counterpart to the Solosis line (since one is found in White and the other in Black). I thought they had a Dark type in one and a Psychic type in the other. But no. I have been consistently wrong. D:
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version 2
  3. The "I never knew <Pokemon> was <Type>!" topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived