This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The "I never knew <Pokemon> was <Type>!" topic

#81Oak_TeaPosted 11/14/2012 6:13:33 PM
Not a Pokemon, but I have trouble thinking of Bite as a Dark type move. When I think about a Pokemon learning Bite, I always expect a Normal type move to come up.
---
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)
#82BrightSeraphPosted 11/14/2012 6:19:24 PM
Kept forgetting Drapion's typing for the longest time.
---
"A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not this day."
- Aragorn
#83BrightSeraphPosted 11/14/2012 6:30:22 PM
reaverz posted...
It's not related to types, but I always do a double-take when I use Grass-type moves and activate Sap Sipper. For some reason I'm still not used to a Grass immunity.

^ This. I got suckered by Sap Sipper three times before I realized I wasn't doing anything. Probably distracted by TV.
---
"A day may come when the courage of men fails... but it is not this day."
- Aragorn
#84ExiledfmrealityPosted 11/14/2012 6:50:22 PM
Let's see. I didn't realize that the first two Nidos are pure poison type, and that only Niodking and Nidoqueen are Ground/Poison. That would explain why Surf wasn't SE.

I'd been playing a lot of Yellow recently, so when I switched to Crystal, I forgot that my Croconaw could beat Morty up easily with Bite. (I still thought that Bite was Normal-type.)

i sorely wished that Magnemite was part Steel in Yellow as I had Double Kick Niodrino, but alas, it was only Electric.

I was pissed to find out that Gust was Normal type in Gen I, so I ditched Pidgey because it would only learn a decent Flying type attack at Level 28 (if i allowed it to evolve, Pidegot wouldn't learn it until Level 33). Meanwhile, the Level 10 Spearow I just caught already had Peck on it.
---
Platinum FC: 0475 0911 6895 Name: Cassie
Diamond FC: 3266 7471 2175 Name: Judith
#85lighting_deityPosted 11/14/2012 6:53:10 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
I have always known the type of every pokemon.

I learned types very quick even when I was but a wee little lad of 4 years old smiting caterpies in viridian forest

---
if life gives you melons, you are probably dyslexic
#86analyticalkeysPosted 11/14/2012 7:00:28 PM
I use the Klink line all the time, but I always forget that it's just Steel, not Electric/Steel.
---
Pokemon Black 2 Code: [ScottyJ ] 2838-8164-4143
#87txrdriftkingPosted 11/14/2012 7:39:06 PM
Accelgor
Bisharp

And I keep thinking that Steel type moves are super effective against Water. I can't help myself...
---
"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"
I say the egg, because it is a breakfast food. People who agree: 28
#88Gaming_MasteryPosted 11/14/2012 8:42:39 PM
Brady672_AT_fan posted...
I still have no idea what type Dunsparce is.

Dis

Why isn't Lugia water or Ice type?
---
Boycott Cartoon Network until they bring back the DC NATION block before January.
#89Meltemi_RafalaPosted 11/14/2012 10:14:53 PM(edited)
Drapion tends to fake me out, as do the two fossil Pokemon from Gen3. I can never remember their second typing, even though it's not exactly subtle (grass for the sea lily, bug for the proto-arthropod). For the longest time, I also thought Suicune was Ice and not Water, for some strange reason: probably accidental conflation of the Beast Trio with the Bird Trio.
---
All above is completely true and accurate, unless it isn't.
#90inulvr61998Posted 11/14/2012 10:23:24 PM
I have never had a hard time keeping Pokemon's types straight-- until Gen 5. I keep thiking the Gothitelle line is a group of DARK types, not psychic. I thought it was a counterpart to the Solosis line (since one is found in White and the other in Black). I thought they had a Dark type in one and a Psychic type in the other. But no. I have been consistently wrong. D: