This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EVs explained! PLEASE READ!

#91MaronakinsPosted 1/30/2013 6:57:58 PMmessage detail
...So many pages, and no one pointed out that Elgyem, in the celestial tower, along with litwick, ALSO gives +1 SP. Atk. EV? Nugget Bridge also left this out (yet did have info about Sandile giving ATK EVs in relic castle when DEF training )

Proof: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Elgyem_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

Since neither here nor NB ever corrected this, I was actually beginning to assume Bulbapedia was wrong but... I've trained so many pokemon in the celestial tower, right next to the nurse (fighting litwicks and elgyems) for EV training. And yes, I've confirmed, multiple times, Bianca telling me my Sp.Atk EVS being maxed (and yes, maxing other stats as well, to confirm he's not giving me a stat on something I don't need)

So... why has no one ever pointed this out, I wonder? It's MUCH easier to train next to the nurse (to heal in case something goes wrong with a weaker pokemon and save items) than to boringly fight only litwick and increase chances of getting burned and having to constantly use items, and/or run back and forth for that sole purpose? TL;DR: it'd be heavily useful to let more people know this, for NB to correct that and if ever this Topic was redone, to not forget to add this (still this guide is AWESOME and thanks~)
#92WindyligthPosted 2/1/2013 8:24:17 PMmessage detail
Hi
---
Why can't the caterpie and the pidgey be friends? One eats leaves and the other eats caterpie. Oh I see it now.
#93jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 3:52:07 AMmessage detail(edited)
Maronakins posted...
...So many pages, and no one pointed out that Elgyem, in the celestial tower, along with litwick, ALSO gives +1 SP. Atk. EV? Nugget Bridge also left this out (yet did have info about Sandile giving ATK EVs in relic castle when DEF training )

Because Golbat appears on the same floors as Elgyem, that's why. The floor where you fight only Litwicks allows you to fight only Litwicks - nothing to run away from.

As for you having to run from Sandiles when training Defense? No way to avoid that; there is no location where all Pokemon give Defense EVs.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#94MaronakinsPosted 2/5/2013 9:37:49 PMmessage detail
Well I did forget Golbat appeared in BW2, since in BW1, it's only litwick and Elgyem. (making it Spatk exclusive)

Still, it was noteworthy to mention this place for a special sweeper, as they are made for Spatk AND Spd, which Litwick (1), Elgyem (1) and Golbat (2) cover completely. Of course that is somewhat of a deviation of the point of the sticky, since it was to post exclusives. Either way, thanks for posting about Golbat. I noticed it long after I posted this, so apologies if I came across as mean or something.

And yea, nothing to do w/ def, sadly. But I suppose it's a small price to pay. Shame that there isn't at least a a trainer you could re-battle that could do so for you...
#95DoktoroktopusPosted 2/9/2013 6:45:40 PMmessage detail
Bump
---
I'm pissed off for greatness
Join an all new Monster Hunter community on club1kjho.forumotion.com!
#96GalladetheGreatPosted 2/13/2013 4:05:52 AMmessage detail
You don't need to bump a sticky.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#97GalladetheGreatPosted 2/21/2013 2:58:24 PMmessage detail
To clarify, it's always at the top of the topic list.
---
Don't get mad, get gllad.
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/404951/chocula_medium.jpg
#98crazy12_3Posted 3/30/2013 1:44:00 PMmessage detail
Bump
---
Black 2 FC 4857-5652-4968
#99CapeMikePosted 4/3/2013 7:15:23 AMmessage detail
I still don't quite understand a few things, so apologies if any questions/statements/thoughts I have here sound stupid....

If I understand it correctly, it'd be wiser to train EVs by battling lower level Pokemon(meaning more Pokemon to battle, thus gaining more EVs)?

I'm -finally- making an effort to raise a few Pokemon(mostly from the DreamWorld) this way, so I just want to make sure I'm getting the general concept correct....

<_<
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3912 5372 2955
#100jayman7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 3:24:01 PMmessage detail(edited)
CapeMike posted...
If I understand it correctly, it'd be wiser to train EVs by battling lower level Pokemon(meaning more Pokemon to battle, thus gaining more EVs)?

It would make the battles go by faster and more easily, so it's certainly not a bad idea. But you don't have to. You get the same number of EVs by fighting high-level Pokemon as low-level.

If you're thinking the amount of EXP you gain, or the number of EVs you get per level, or something like that is significant? Don't. EVs are EVs, regardless of what level you obtain them. And they cap at 510 no matter what. And I did say,

jayman7 posted...
How many EVs should I get per level?

Doesn't matter. Though both are obtained through battle, EVs and level have nothing to do with each other.

---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere