This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Psychic-type can't be "Light-type"

#1Soanevalcke6Posted 11/13/2012 8:16:29 PM
Light Type would be Super Effective against Darkness (Which Dark's Special moves ARE), and Ghost (The Undead). But Psychic is weak to both of these because they're common fears.

Another thing, Why isn't Fire Super Effective against Ghost? Because of nearly every other RPG out there, when people see Undead, they think "Weak to Fire", but not in Pokemon for some reason.
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#2LostSoulCaliburPosted 11/13/2012 8:19:22 PM
I don't understand why Fire is weak to Rock.
Has no one heard of the Rock cycle?
---
http://agaminggenesis.wordpress.com/
Video Game Reviews, Editorials, Impressions, and more!
#3CursePosted 11/13/2012 8:21:29 PM
Ghosts and undead aren't the same thing. In fact, they're pretty much opposites.
#4LexifoxPosted 11/13/2012 8:22:50 PM
Dark-types aren't darkness/shadow. They're tricky and deceitful. Fighting is honest and fair, hence its effectiveness against it.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5Soanevalcke6(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:26:50 PM
Lexifox posted...
Dark-types aren't darkness/shadow. They're tricky and deceitful. Fighting is honest and fair, hence its effectiveness against it.

I understand that about Dark-types, but that's only true for its physical attacks, its special attacks(along with Night Slash), are Darkness/Shadow.

It's kind of like with Flying-type, there's a difference in the theme of it's Special and Physical Attacks. It's Physical Attacks are more "Bird-type" while its Special Attacks are more "Wind-type"
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#6LexifoxPosted 11/13/2012 8:29:53 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Lexifox posted...

I understand that about Dark-types, but that's only true for its physical attacks, its special attacks(along with Night Slash), are Darkness/Shadow.

It's kind of like with Flying-type, there's a difference in the theme of it's Special and Physical Attacks. It's Physical Attacks are more "Bird-type" while its Special Attacks are more "Wind-type"

The shadowy Pokemon are exception to the rule.
Flying is something that encompasses both because birds, flying, and wind are closely associated and they've been intertwined since Gen 1.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7Catcher_FreemanPosted 11/13/2012 8:31:53 PM(edited)
its special attacks(along with Night Slash), are Darkness/Shadow.

There are only three Dark-type attacks, the rest are physical. The type is predominantly about dirty fighting, and that's what it was all about before the physical/special split.

And Night Slash has nothing to do with Darkness/Shadow. Its Japanese name is Blade Testing.

The Japanese name (Blade Testing) is probably a reference to the way in which some particularly unscrupulous samurai would test new swords in feudal Japan. This was by hiding in wait by a road (typically a crossroads) and waiting for an unsuspecting commoner (i.e. lower class, and so with far fewer rights than the samurai class) to pass by. He would then strike to kill, and in this way learn how well his new sword could cut.

Nothing to do with darkness/shadow, it's based on killing an innocent person to test your sword.

Fighting-types fight fair, and Dark-types fight dirty. This is why Fighting is super-effective against Dark, and why Dark-type moves aren't very effective against Fighting-types.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#8LexifoxPosted 11/13/2012 8:31:07 PM
Also beaten to Night Slash.
---
#9NoseReaperPosted 11/13/2012 8:56:47 PM
Also, Dark Pulse isn't a pulse of darkness as the english name suggests, but a pulse/wave of evil. So it still fits the dark = evil/sneaky/underhanded stuff, in a way.
---
You fail at life. Go away.
#10Spike RoseredPosted 11/13/2012 9:29:37 PM
Light Type would be Super Effective against Dark

That's just light-type propaganda.
---
I've got tentacles ^_^
May the fresh scent of flowers protect you always!