This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A heavy blow to the notion of Ruby/Sapphire remakes

#1Tygore001Posted 11/14/2012 6:26:25 AM
According to Serebii, in honor of the 10th anniversary of Ruby/Sapphire there's a Groudon/Kyogre giveaway in Japan (which likely will happen in the US too).

Now, this doesn't eliminate any possibility of RS remakes this gen entirely. But it certainly does make you think that they're highly unlikely- why give away those two if there's any plan to re-release their features games anytime soon?
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3010 5906 4214
3DS FC: 4511-0471-8035
#2Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/14/2012 6:29:09 AM
YES

YES

also if each version gets only one black 2 better get groudon
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#3joejones6Posted 11/14/2012 6:29:34 AM
I understand your point,
But then didn't they give away
Zekrom and reshiram
Before we knew about black and white 2?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 0046 9791 0983
#4spooky96Posted 11/14/2012 6:31:19 AM
This. IS. AWESOME.
---
Do you like spoons?
#5LexifoxPosted 11/14/2012 6:32:53 AM
Maybe they'll be giving one away because as R/S remakes, you'll only get Groudon or Kyogre.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#6GastroidPosted 11/14/2012 6:38:23 AM
Legendaries have been given away like candy. I don't think it's much of ab indicator of anything.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#7Ansem_the_evilPosted 11/14/2012 7:02:53 AM
joejones6 posted...
I understand your point,
Zekrom and reshiram

Wrong they did have a wifi event for lv 100 reshiram/zekrom to get the opposite version legend for bw1
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#8Probit_ReturnPosted 11/14/2012 7:14:04 AM
Ansem_the_evil posted...
joejones6 posted...
I understand your point,
Zekrom and reshiram

Wrong they did have a wifi event for lv 100 reshiram/zekrom to get the opposite version legend for bw1

I think that's what he meant. They did give away the opposite legendary despite it being in the followup color anyway. In fact, that's the entire reason I'm crossing colors, since I already have a Reshiram in the form of that event.

On the topic of Groudon/Kyogre, I don't see how it really changes anything either way. If there's only one available per version, that doesn't mean you can't just get the other then from the remakes if they came out. On the other hand, trading is still a big part of Game Freak's philosophy regarding pokemon, so it could just be another tactic to encourage trading. Or having both versions. To me, it's still inconclusive as to whether there'll be remakes this gen.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#9SmogoonPosted 11/14/2012 7:39:41 AM
Ho-Oh and Lugia were given away during the third generation, and Pokemon from Gold and Silver, including a starter could be obtained in Emerald. So obviously, a Gold and Silver remake will never happen during the fourth generation. Except it did happen, rendering a "they gave away X legendary from Y game, so Y game will never be remade" a pointless argument. Let me snap you back into reality, that's not a valid reason. You don't have a point.
---
http://minus.com/mAwwlI4t5 - http://imgur.com/a/tzy9l
Co-Founder of the Certified Gangstas / Smogang
#10UmuruPosted 11/14/2012 8:00:39 AM(edited)
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
YES

YES

also if each version gets only one black 2 better get groudon

If they are going to be version exclusive, I would imagine things would go based on what sort of liquid is in that one cave in the game. Black 2 has water and White 2 has lava, right?