This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A heavy blow to the notion of Ruby/Sapphire remakes

#51360pagesPosted 11/14/2012 12:19:31 PM
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Come on, man. I haven't reported you, but you need to stop calling people stupid. I gave you my reasons.

1. Doesn't have unavailable Pokemon as an incentive

2. Doesn't have the nostalgia from casual 90's fans.

I'm not trying to fight you.

That's his thing, he is pretty much insane if you don't like what he likes.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#52RunebogglePosted 11/14/2012 12:20:31 PM

You really don't know brawl at all, do you?
---
Si || Everyone dies. It is how one lives that matters.
#53brawl__08Posted 11/14/2012 12:22:26 PM
Come on, man. I haven't reported you, but you need to stop calling people stupid. I gave you my reasons.

1. Doesn't have unavailable Pokemon as an incentive

2. Doesn't have the nostalgia from casual 90's fans.

I'm not trying to fight you.

1. I'll repeat, nobody is talking for just this generation. They're talking for the next generation as a possibility, or maybe one after that. In any case, a remake is possible. Not saying certain, but pretty damn possible.

2. If not that, then it has nostalgia from the people who bought RSE back when they were new.

You're overestimating nostalgia. Why did Pokemon Yellow sell? Crystal? Emerald? There was no nostalgia to be had. All Pokemon were readily available by the time those games were released.

And again, children are the largest part of the market. They don't know about missing Pokemon or anything of the like. They just care about getting a new Pokemon game.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#54HydroDragonPosted 11/14/2012 12:22:47 PM
Of course Rube/Sapphire remakes would turn a profit. ANY half decent pokemon game would turn a profit. But new games have to come before remakes because Black and White 2 were practically remakes themselves.

Unless they decide to do something similar to Black/White 2 with Hoenn which would be interesting. That way they can introduce some new stuff as well.

Also, we need a Wii game like Battle Revolution that's compatible with Generation 5. I'm not even a Wii owner but it would be so much fun to play socially.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#55SmogoonPosted 11/14/2012 12:23:44 PM
Runeboggle posted...

This board doesn't know much at all. Just a bunch of simple minded bandwagoners.
---
http://minus.com/mAwwlI4t5 - http://imgur.com/a/tzy9l
Co-Founder of the Certified Gangstas / Smogang
#56brawl__08Posted 11/14/2012 12:25:44 PM

360pages, you're the same guy who said RSE have no popularity outside this board.

I'll repost this for you:

Look, I browse multiple other communities and I know what it's like. Just outside this board would mean other boards on this site as well. CE has a lot of gen 3 fans. /v/ on 4chan has a lot of gen 3 fans. /vp/ has a lot of gen 3 fans. 2ch has a lot of gen 3 fans. Look at any of the gen 5 remixes for gen 3 themes and you'll find comments on gen 3 remakes all over the place. It's been a while but Bulbagarden and Serebii's forums have a lot of gen 3 fans. I took one look at IGN's Pokemon boards and this is one of the things I first saw:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/pokemon-ruby-sapphire-remakes-when-and-how-will-it-happen.452702168/

Type "Pokemon gen 3" into the google search var and the very first search suggestion is "Pokemon gen 3 remakes"

Where the hell are you getting this viewpoint from? The nostalgia whores from 3 years ago? They've either died, changed their minds, or have just stopped talking most of the time because they haven't been relevant for a long time now.

This has NOTHING to do with what I like or dislike. If that was the case, I'd be saying gen 2 is the most hated generation and could not sell at all, but unlike you, I actually have a brain which I frequently use and allows me to make posts that are more than strawman arguments, logical fallacies, or ad hominems.

He doesn't want to know, Si. He refuses to actually listen to things.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#57Soanevalcke6Posted 11/14/2012 12:27:55 PM
RSEmakes are coming after the Gen VI main games. The DS wouldn't do the games justice.

And also, lol at the thought of Pokemon Games not turning a profit.

The other Remakes didnt sell off Nostalgia (There might have been a few Nostalgia buys, but not many), so why would lack of Nostalgia hinder RSEmakes?
---
Qualities I look for in games: Music, Atmosphere, and Exploration.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is the best game of this generation.
#58PolimarioPosted 11/14/2012 12:29:10 PM
Didn't the creator himself express interest in remaking Gen 3?

If so, then that's another reason saying Gen 3 remakes won't exist eventually is ridiculous.
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#59SaintparaPosted 11/14/2012 12:47:00 PM
Remake fever! Its gonna be pretty surreal, next gen, when the DPPt remake arguments start.
---
Official Togekiss of the BW2 Boards
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
#60NavexPosted 11/14/2012 1:08:03 PM
I don't understand why some of you are so opposed to new games. They have remade all the other ones so far and there is absolutely no indication they're going to stop now. This series is doing amazingly well still and the sales have remained incredible after all these years, whether we are talking new title games or remake sales. In all probability we will see a R/S remake soon, whether it be after the next main color games or before, it will surely happen eventually.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com