This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald get hate.

#101Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/15/2012 2:28:18 PM
Only real problem was the limited use of time functions, but that may have been for hardware considerations.
#102dr_burger92Posted 11/15/2012 2:33:50 PM
GhostMaker1988 posted...
I have no complaints at all. Best gen in the series.

---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/viewtiful_objection
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?
#103SephirothtPosted 11/15/2012 2:39:08 PM
Pretty much the time stuff. That and I kinda got outta touch with Pokemon around the time of Gen 3, so it's impact was limited for me.
---
Officially faved Ninetales on the B2 Board
Retired Executive.
#104SpiegaPosted 11/15/2012 2:42:29 PM
RSE gets hate? Since when? Everyone seems to think its the best in the series now.
#105KosacVPosted 11/15/2012 2:43:37 PM
Only thing I hate is that there's hardly anything fun to do in post game hoenn. Emerald is fine and I love emerald, but the only use R/S serves to me is immediately starting over after beating the elite four. Contests (pretty cool but feels tedious to win masters), Battle Tower (didn't know about game mechanics yet and hated it as a result), and Rayquaza/Lati. That's it. If gen 2 can win at anything, it's having a better start, regardless of how barren Kanto is.
---
This one knows what he's doing...
#106TrunksTheMighty1Posted 11/15/2012 3:29:59 PM
I was around the Ruby boards when the game came out in Japan. It was very popular. The most major gripe I remember is people complaining about how the games were cut off from the originals. They wanted to use their old pokemon from Red/Blue/Yellow and couldn't and the fact that most pokemon from the kanto area were simply unavailable until Fire Red and Leaf Green came out.
---
Only as you grasp your dying breath shall you understand, your life amounted to only one drop in a limitless ocean.
#107MaetchPosted 11/15/2012 3:32:25 PM(edited)
The fact that Gen3 was the most expensive generation for a Pokemon fan to endure. It took SEVEN whole games, two of them remakes and two of them console-based spin-offs, to make every Pokemon available since nothing from the old games could be sent over.

*R/S - All Hoenn Pokemon, barely any Kanto/Johto Pokemon.
*FR/LG - All Kanto Pokemon, plus about half of the Johto Pokemon.
*Emerald - Almost all Hoenn Pokemon, plus the rest of the Johto Pokemon that wasn't in FR/LG.
*Colosseum - Almost all Johto Pokemon, plus the Johto starters and Ho-Oh.
*XD - Equal mix of Pokemon from all regions, but the only truly important one is Lugia.

Plus there's the cost of buying either a GameCube and transfer cable or a second GBA and link cable. Needless to say, GameFreak was laughing all the way to the bank on this generation.
#108Unbridled9Posted 11/15/2012 3:40:01 PM
I actually thought the competitions were a cool thing. Letting us flex our planning and strategy without directly fighting.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#109JayXVaderPosted 11/15/2012 3:41:45 PM
You should have include "I don't hate the game", I love the game when I first got Ruby I beat the game with three different stater Treecko, Torchic( because of Blaziken), then on a new and current file Mudkip because it went missing and a friend gave me a new one and I start a new game on it (have a funky feeling he stole it and the gilt got him to give it back, because it feels like it is the same one). I still play it mow because two days ago I beat the pokemon contest and got my second star and now I am doing the battle tower, plus I went the effort to replace the game battery too bad it did not got rid of the berry glitch. Use to have Emerald but it went missing (probably the same person) I am trying to get a new one over amazon but I am nervous it could be fake like the one I got at a flee market. Plus a new GBA SP because I want to get rid of the berry glitch since I already have a gamelink cable. Plus Sapphire to complete the pokedex since only the Hoenn dex is needed for the forth star. And FRLG for Deoxys since I have Action Replay.
#110oraclelinkPosted 11/15/2012 3:49:52 PM
I don't exactly hate it, but I don't much care for it. The problem with the odd-numbered generations is that they have a lot of new ideas, but they aren't executed very well. Then the even-numbered gens come along and tweak all of the ideas that were introduced in the previous gen and make them better, fixing what was broken or didn't work as well and just generally making the game that much better. I love the 2nd and 4th gens, but don't much care for the 3rd and 5th. I never played the first, so I can't comment on it, but it sounds pretty awful in comparison to the current mechanics.
---
Anticipated games~ Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Layton vs. Gyakuten, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland