This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald get hate.

#121RazieruPosted 11/15/2012 5:49:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#122RazieruPosted 11/15/2012 6:01:29 PM
I don't get the disdain for gen 3 either. I thought it was **** loads better than gen 4. Gen 3's game play was much faster, livelier, more creative (Pokemon, features, and region wise; loved the 70% water and 30% land design of Hoenn), and as a result enjoyable. I'd dare say gen 3 offered more than gen 4; significant additions.

Let's face it: The only things that gen 4 deserve praise and acknowledgement for is online play and the revamped classification for attacks. Aside from Platinum and HG/SS, gen 4 would have went down as the most boring and bland (not to mention sluggish, thanks to D/P's piss poor battle and surfing speed; ugh) generation of them all. I often found myself depressed while gunning it through those games (D/P mostly). Thank the Pokegods for gen 5! What a fresh breath of soothing air.

I enjoyed gen 3 greatly; a hell lot more than gen 4 and would consider it my #2 all time favorite generation of Pokemon games next to gen 2 of course. This will stand, of course, until I finally play through the entirety of gen 5.

One thing I forgot to add about gen 3 is that the only minus I see is the removal of the day/night feature. I mean come on. If a collection of 8-bit Pokemon games can simulate such a trivial feature, then I don't see any reasoning whatsoever behind removing such a feature from gen 3.
---
My swagger will X-splode you.
#123GastroFanPosted 11/15/2012 6:02:26 PM
I have only three. The first was getting to Sootopolis and Ever Grande City with the currents (it would sweep you past if you didn't watch them). The second was that you had to have a wailord and relicanth in your roster in order to get the Regis and they had to be in the right order. The third was Mirage Island which required luck in order for the guy in Pacifidlog Town to see it so that you could go there. Those were the only three problems I could think of.

Official Cresselia of the B/W2 Boards; when will there be an official Cresselia event?
Official Darkrai of the PMD: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth Board
#124Infernus93Posted 11/15/2012 6:06:06 PM
I actually hated all the backtracking. I felt I had to do more of it in R/S/E than in any other gen.

Water was the option I voted for, because it was there.
---
age runs it
#125Meta289Posted 11/15/2012 6:11:14 PM
Other: Blaziken.
---
http://meta289.deviantart.com/#/d4j1eby
The Pokemon Cycle. Don't deny its existence.
#126MasterChaos45Posted 11/15/2012 6:19:59 PM
I love these games. The Pokemon introduced are possibly my favorites.
One complaint would be no day and night cycle.

There is not as much hate for R/S/E anymore, the scapeqoat title has mostly been passed onto D/P/Pt.
#127snacktimeguyPosted 11/15/2012 6:23:20 PM
I miss the PokeNav.
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
#128TherianReturns(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 6:23:23 PM
MasterChaos45 posted...

There is not as much hate for R/S/E anymore, the scapeqoat title has mostly been passed onto D/P/Pt.

Yeah, I wonder why about that...most of the gen 3 hate is fixed in Sinnoh.

The world is-a spinning
---
Let me make this crystal clear; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are coming this generation (gen 5). Get the hell over it.
#129AugustDreamingPosted 11/15/2012 6:24:26 PM
Wow, a lot of people hate Gen 4...well it's my favourite Gen and I'm proud of it!
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#130thescorpionPosted 11/15/2012 7:12:42 PM
Other: The E-card reader

It never made it Worldwide so a lot of people could never get and use the pokemon related e-cards that were used for the games. :(

Other: Berry Glitch

The Berry glitch is a glitch only found in the coding of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire which seems to stop the game's day counter. The reason for its name is that the first thing the player will notice is usually that all Berries that have been planted but have not been harvested have ceased growing. The glitch typically occurs after about a year of owning either game, or to games that have been played over 100 hours.

The glitch results in problems very similar to what happens when the game cartridge's CR1616 internal battery runs down, which stops the game's clock. However, in games afflicted by a dead battery, there is a message just after the title screen: "The internal battery has run dry. The game can be played. However, clock-based events will no longer occur." In contrast, games being affected by the glitch will not have that message.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_glitch

---
Looks like they have spilled coffee on the server again.