This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald get hate.

#41KaguuraPosted 11/15/2012 6:56:58 AM
Wasn't there a day/night in RSE? The environment just didn't change color depending on what time it was.( I thought graphics didn't matter?) And it also got rid of those restrictions where some Pokemons can only be found during day/night.
#42pizzaman95Posted 11/15/2012 7:10:42 AM
( I thought graphics didn't matter?)

Neat details matter, though.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#43phillyeagles123Posted 11/15/2012 7:13:09 AM
I don't hate Gen 3, I just like Gen 1 and 2 better.
#44KungFuBlaziken2Posted 11/15/2012 7:16:24 AM
zxqqxz posted...
ponderingcow posted...
Stealthlys posted...
Benzychenz posted...
GhostMaker1988 posted...
I have no complaints at all. Best gen in the series.
#45KaguuraPosted 11/15/2012 7:23:05 AM
pizzaman95 posted...
( I thought graphics didn't matter?)

Neat details matter, though.

Not here for opinions. Especially dumb ones. Fact is there was a day/night in RSE. ;)
#46pokemonfreak97Posted 11/15/2012 7:33:50 AM
To copy-and paste from the other place I talked about Gen III remakes:

It's not that people are against Gen III remakes; it's that you can get EVERY POKÉMON without Gen III remakes and without transferring Pokémon more than once. The other remakes:

Let's assume Game Freak wants us to be able to get every Pokémon without having to transfer a single Pokémon twice. This means that if a Pokémon must be traded from Colo/XD in Gen IV (which was only Ho-Oh/Lugia/the dogs/cats/gerbils/beasts until HGSS), it's a problem, and in Gen V, if it MUST come from Gen III, it's a problem.

FRLG: no way to get the birds, Mewtwo, the starters, a lot of wild Pokémon, period.
HGSS: no way (without transferring twice) to get Ho-Oh/Lugia, the dogs/cats/gerbils/beasts, the starters were a pain to get (RSE fill Hoenn Pokédex, or you could break the "transfer twice" rule and get them from Colo/XD).
RSEmakes: Let's look at exclusives:

Wild Pokémon: Can someone confirm they're all in DPPtHGSSBWB2W2 wilds? I think so, but I haven't proven it yet.

Starters: HGSS.

Legends: Eon Duo is in HGSS/B2W2, Weather Trio is in HGSS (and being given away in Japan, as this topic mentions), the Regis are in B2W2, and there are no other Gen III non-event legends.

Gen III remakes make perfect sense in Gen VI; Gen III remakes would be a good place to stash some of the many starters and legendaries they need to put into Gen 6 to keep up the 2-transfer rule (All starters but Unova, Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, the birds, the dogs/cats/gerbils/beasts, the weather trio, the creation trio, a ton of wild Pokémon found only in Sinnoh, Johto, or Kanto)

(note: I recognize the whole 2-transfer thing is not an officially acknowledged rule, but it's been followed with the exception of Gen IV pre-HGSS (which they fixed with HGSS) and Gen V pre-B2W2 (which they fixed with B2W2))

So, as I said there, it's not that the community as a whole is against the concept of Gen III remakes; it's just that now it's a bad time, and despite the pattern that may or Brend- I mean, may not exist, (neutrality!), I think that Gen VI is when Gen III remakes will be the most useful to Game Freak for maintaining a pattern which has been true for 5 generations--when the generation is complete, there has never been a need to transfer a single Pokémon twice to fill the Pokédex.
---
Plasmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(whew)
#47KaguuraPosted 11/15/2012 7:39:49 AM
k.
#48BloodlustSwedenPosted 11/15/2012 7:48:53 AM
Other: Mostly everything
---
Strip the flesh! Salt the wounds! *Manical laughter*
#49Ari917Posted 11/15/2012 7:54:20 AM
Other: I think the main reason is that everyone got upset that they couldn't trade their lv. 100 Charizards and Mewtwo's into the new game and considering the semi-reboot nature of the games... Yeah, a lot of people just got upset.

For me though, I still want those remakes. Mostly because I feel most fans avoided them unfairly, they really need their proper day in the sun.
#50DarkBlueAntPosted 11/15/2012 7:54:29 AM
I don't hate them. The only problem is that there was nobody to play with unless you had a special group.

In Gen 1, you could find people EVERYWHERE. Battling and trading was plentiful

Gen 2 had a few leftovers. It came at the end of Pokemon's popularity burst and it was the first sequel so there was some hype. You could still find random people if you looked.

Gen 4 and 5 had online, so even if you don't find anyone in real life, you'll have activity.

But Gen 3 came at an awkward time. I basically had only 3 people to play it with who I knew in school. Only one of them played for any period of time, and he was more interested in trading than battling. It's hard to get motivated and build a team when you have nobody to fight.