This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald get hate.

#71bigtim777Posted 11/15/2012 10:24:51 AM
I love water in games so it's no complaint for me. :P The only thing I really missed was day/night switch.
---
FF6 > FF13 > FF4 > FF5 > FF10 > FF3 > FF1
#72ApeOverlordPosted 11/15/2012 10:27:44 AM
Other: meditite used detect! Pelipper used protect! If I had a nickel for every time those pokemon used those moves, I would buy the Devon corporation. I wished feint was a move in 3rd gen.

The fact that spinda, illusmise, luvdisc, plusle, minun, and volbeat exist. So many pathetic non evolving pokemon.

At least 3rd gen gave me an epiphony to using max repel on every route. Without it, the water routes would be unbearable.
#73The_Alpha_GamerPosted 11/15/2012 10:29:11 AM
Secret bases. They were perhaps the best feature ever in a pokemon game and yet they were only in that gen, which ruins the newer games.
#74DarkBlueAntPosted 11/15/2012 10:29:47 AM
ApeOverlord posted...
The fact that spinda, illusmise, luvdisc, plusle, minun, and volbeat exist. So many pathetic non evolving pokemon.

Hey! Illumise and volbeat aren't too bad nowadays...

But even if you took out all the useless guys from Gen 3, it would still be much larger than Gen 2 or 4.
#75foreverjessePosted 11/15/2012 10:30:34 AM
The_Alpha_Gamer posted...
Secret bases. They were perhaps the best feature ever in a pokemon game and yet they were only in that gen, which ruins the newer games.

I was about to say this. I enjoyed R/S/E for this alone. I just didn't like many of the pokemon.
---
Official Skitty of the Pokemon B/W 2 and PMD Magnagate Boards.
Black FC: [S-cat] 4470 6511 2020
#76RoccoRedPosted 11/15/2012 10:34:39 AM
Alom_o_mola posted...
I loved emerald
the cloning glitch was fun
plus the ease of using the pc in that game, icing on the cake

Yo Alom~ What is shaking?

Anyway, loved Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire

Only complain was no Day and Night
---
Xbox Live: KeroTenu
PKMN FC: 5415-5334-2248
#77COlimar788Posted 11/15/2012 10:41:05 AM
Believing that we aren't getting RSE remakes for several more years =/= disliking RSE.

Anyway, my big issue about them are the prevalence of water routes (and thus the prevalence of catching the same dang Pokemon and having far too many random encounters, the bane of JRPGs) and the odd focus on backtracking around. It's just not paced very well, unfortunately, and I'd love to see a remake work on that and make it better, especially since Hoenn as a whole is one of the most interesting regions in the series.

RSEmakes still aren't coming out before Gen VI, though, for reasons that really should be obvious by now. :P
---
Twilight Sparkle is best pony.
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#78EternalVarikPosted 11/15/2012 10:44:44 AM
Dunno, I loved these games.
---
My favorite person in the World here:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=92 5601&topic=35833672&user=0
#79DirtyPrettyThinPosted 11/15/2012 11:18:03 AM
R&S, were a little lacklustre in my opinion, but it was Emerald that cemented itself as the definitive Hoenn game. I don't really know why, but Emerald is my favourite game out of all of them. I just liked the region the most.

Also, I loved the "Pike Palace"! Wish I'd get a new gen update of that...
---
- DirtyPrettyThin -
#80gamester_12345Posted 11/15/2012 11:20:26 AM
The main things i hate about R/S is....

The Impact of the Clock was made less significant, with only bells and whistles taking its place. that and berry growth.
The inability to trade old Pokemon from your old games was a turn off, considering that G/S made what something alright into something awesome.
Abilities felt...experimental, like Whismur's Soundproof and Slakoth's ability...whatever it's called.
The shift in storyline from villains who wanted to set up organized crime to a small island nation syndicates would've been a nice spin...if it wasn't for the cookie cutter storyline between Magma and Aqua, they didn't seem that intimidating since they're mostly environmental terrorists who doesn't see the flaws in the circle of life of the effects on the environment as a whole.

Debatable

The amount of Water and how early it was introduced is a disputive point, sure it might be a slight reference to the land/sea rivalry between the 2 legendaries, but the Ocean is boring as hell, and over half of it isn't even touched in regular exploration besides the Regis and that one sunken ship.

Sidequests after the Elite Four are pretty much non existent, until the release of Emerald that introduced an expansion to the Safari Zone that included Johto Pokemon, access to the other fossil and one of the most cheating RNG in the game; the Battle Frontier.

The Music attempted to boast at the fact that they're not using 8bit sounds, the developers was constricted around the limits of 8bit sounds bak in the 1st and 2nd generations and made decent music based around that, whereas the jump in the 3rd gen removed many restrictions and gave them too much choice and leverage to the music they could produce, in the end they just made tons of Horn noises.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2322
KoL: Plucky, currently a Zombie Master