This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Most Forgettable Gym Leader, and The Most Memorable

#31Unbridled9Posted 11/16/2012 9:03:30 AM
Most Forgettable: Ummm... Bugsy? Or whatever the name of that first gymleader in Gold was? I don't really remember him.

Most Memorable: Brock. He was the first.
All the gen 1 gymleaders.
Claire.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#32txrdriftkingPosted 11/16/2012 9:03:50 AM
Forgettable: Any of the Johto people (I can't even remember their names... Looks like I need to pull out Crystal and SS again.)

Memorable: The one time Jessie was a fake Gym leader in the anime, I think this was in D/P.
---
Thank your stars you're not that way, Turn your back and walk away...
Don't even pause and ask them why, Turn around and say goodbye.
#33niklnipPosted 11/16/2012 9:13:48 AM
Forgettable: Pryce/Brycen
Memorable: Liza/Tate, Norman, Volkner, Falkner and Burgh XD
---
Honhonhon~! It's good to be French lD
#34SlimeStackPosted 11/16/2012 9:19:26 AM
Forgettable: Hoenn gym leaders that aren't Tate and Liza. Partly because I recall them being the only double gym, and partly because they were mentioned in the OP. The rest though... I have no idea who they were.

Memorable: I'm ignoring Brock, Misty, Cilan and Iris here, because it's difficult to forget major cast members from the anime. I'd say Roxie or Elesa are the most memorable.
---
Pokemon Black Version 2:
Sean - 1163 7615 1957
#35BlueEye0Posted 11/16/2012 9:48:58 AM
Most forgettable - Roxanne the first gym leader in 3rd gen.

Most memorable - A tie between Brock and Misty, I mean come on!
#36KungFuBlaziken2Posted 11/16/2012 9:53:23 AM
Most memorable - Eh... I'm going for... Blue.

Most forgettable - The first gym leader of Johto, name escapes me ATM.
#37muffin_mans_broPosted 11/16/2012 10:30:27 AM
Most memorable - Brock, Misty, Blue, Whitney, Jasmine, Clair, Chuck, Tate/Liza, Drayden

Most forgettable - Brawly (I always have trouble remembering him), any sinnoh leader other than wake and maylene due to their other appearances, Brycen, Juan
---
Good news everyone! You are now reading this in my voice!
#38Unbridled9Posted 11/16/2012 10:43:38 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Forgettable: Hoenn gym leaders that aren't Tate and Liza. Partly because I recall them being the only double gym, and partly because they were mentioned in the OP. The rest though... I have no idea who they were.

Memorable: I'm ignoring Brock, Misty, Cilan and Iris here, because it's difficult to forget major cast members from the anime. I'd say Roxie or Elesa are the most memorable.

I don't think it's because of the anime. Brock is memorable because he's the first gym-leader people who started playing R/B/Y/LG/FR faced. If you started with a Charmander it was even more memorable just because of how much grinding was needed to beat him. The same goes for Misty even though she's the second leader.

Afterall, you don't see Clian or w/e the green guy from Black/White's first gym is being listed here and he's traveling with Ash now.
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#39Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/16/2012 10:51:27 AM
If you started with a Charmander it was even more memorable just because of how much grinding was needed to beat him.

easily beatable by spamming growl/whatever since bide makes them dead weight
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#40clam_is_cooliePosted 11/16/2012 11:53:28 AM
Most forgettable: Wallace, cause he was replaced.

Most memorable: Misty, tomboyish mermaid trumps all. :D