This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#151beebarbPosted 11/16/2012 8:05:13 PM
Meta289 posted...
It's not cheating, it's being pragmatic.

What's not cheating?

If you are talking about Pokegen and Action Replay, those things embody the very definition of cheating.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#152Stover46Posted 11/16/2012 8:10:49 PM
Pokegen is flat out cheating. So is RNG abuse. You're cheating to get the optimized party that you want. You can make the Pokemon fair but you're still cheating to get to said result

No big deal if you don't make illegal Pokemon, but don't act self righteous and claim you're not cheating. It makes you look just as bad as the people who RNG abuse yet still look down on you
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i1.ytimg.com/u/xsasIWeopo0w8WVLqiXM6A/channels3_background.jpg?v=e0c992
#153BikdipOnABusPosted 11/16/2012 8:27:08 PM
I agree with the post that said that the "self righteous RNG abuser" is basically the worst type of player. I honestly don't have an issue with Pokegen / AR / whatever the crap it's called. If people want to use it, AND if they admit that it's cheating (because ... come the hell on, it totally is), then they're free to do so. I personally don't want to do this, but only because I'm not interested in competitive battling. (Or casual battling, for that matter). If I was into that sort of thing, then I would use hacks, no question.

RNG abuse is annoying as hell, because the argument that RNGed Pokemon are legit is still technically correct. But still, come on. Gamefreak very obviously did not intend the game to generate Pokemon to the player's whim in the way that RNG abuse allows. So yes, it's supposed to be incredibly tedious to get a shiny or a perfect IV Pokemon. So if you want one and don't want to invest the huge amount of time, then just hack one. Either way, you're cheating the system, so why bother to do it in a way that's technically legit, when nobody really gives a crap if it's hacked anyway?

But then again, I still think wifi trading is a terrible idea, and the Pokemon community has gone to hell ever since it was implemented in the series. Remember when it wasn't possible to just ask online for a Pokemon that you want instead of getting it yourself or hoping that a friend had one and was willing to give it up? Those were the days when people would actually play the game and catch/train their own Pokemon instead of just finding someone else who already has what they want. I miss those days.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#154kwando1313Posted 11/16/2012 8:29:11 PM
Stover46 posted...
You guys are hilarious. Also, Stover's flame bait successfully worked.

f*** outta here, I didn't even start this argument and didn't even comment on it until people were already arguing. You bandwagoners are pathetic

Deleted post? :p
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#155Ari917Posted 11/16/2012 8:36:32 PM
BikdipOnABus posted...
I agree with the post that said that the "self righteous RNG abuser" is basically the worst type of player. I honestly don't have an issue with Pokegen / AR / whatever the crap it's called. If people want to use it, AND if they admit that it's cheating (because ... come the hell on, it totally is), then they're free to do so. I personally don't want to do this, but only because I'm not interested in competitive battling. (Or casual battling, for that matter). If I was into that sort of thing, then I would use hacks, no question.

RNG abuse is annoying as hell, because the argument that RNGed Pokemon are legit is still technically correct. But still, come on. Gamefreak very obviously did not intend the game to generate Pokemon to the player's whim in the way that RNG abuse allows. So yes, it's supposed to be incredibly tedious to get a shiny or a perfect IV Pokemon. So if you want one and don't want to invest the huge amount of time, then just hack one. Either way, you're cheating the system, so why bother to do it in a way that's technically legit, when nobody really gives a crap if it's hacked anyway?

...Except some of those same people who use Pokegen/AR/etc. do say it's not cheating. Some would say that they're just using the device to get the most out of the game just as long as it's within the game's restrictions. So isn't it hypocritical of you to hate on RNG'ers when others who use similar methods are just as guilty?
#156KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/16/2012 8:43:34 PM
Ari917 posted...
BikdipOnABus posted...

...Except some of those same people who use Pokegen/AR/etc. do say it's not cheating. Some would say that they're just using the device to get the most out of the game just as long as it's within the game's restrictions. So isn't it hypocritical of you to hate on RNG'ers when others who use similar methods are just as guilty?

Not hypocritical in the slightest, considering he mentioned they were cheating too.
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#157PearlshipperluvPosted 11/16/2012 8:43:49 PM
Stover46 posted...
Pokegen is flat out cheating. So is RNG abuse. You're cheating to get the optimized party that you want. You can make the Pokemon fair but you're still cheating to get to said result

No big deal if you don't make illegal Pokemon, but don't act self righteous and claim you're not cheating. It makes you look just as bad as the people who RNG abuse yet still look down on you

Except a lot of people feel it is a big time waster to just do it the normal way.

That is what really drives them to use Pokesav/Pokegen/Action Replay.
---
Part of the awesome Team Elesa.
Official Phanpy of the Pokemon B2/W2 boards
#158lord_chaoPosted 11/16/2012 8:47:15 PM(edited)
beebarb posted...
pies12 posted...
No, the issue is Serebii being a holier-than-thou hypocrite who is still yet to provide a legitimate argument of how pokegen provides any battle advantage or how arbitrarily missing out on an expanded movepool is fair.

This only started because you brought up Pokegen in the first place. There never had to be an issue.

FYI, hacking provides an unfair advantage against the casual player. A person who knows how the game works and breeds for good IVs, EV trains properly and is a decent team builder, or an RNG abuser would be the only types of people to have any chance against a hacker (particularly the perfectionist tools).

It's not so much an expanded move pool as it is just something intended to make the event special. Sure, I'd like to have this event, but it's not the end of the world if I don't ever have one. Your the kind of immature person who whines about their sibling receiving a present on their own birthday.

"Fair" is a matter of opinion, I find it quite fine that there are some events that we never get, who cares? If all you really want to just have fun, then why do you care so much that you may not get one particular event?

Except the casual player is at an unfair advantage regardless of who they're fighting, hacking or not.
For example: In my experience, most BW players aren't really aware of what the Dream World is. And of the few that knows of DW, about a handful are only really aware of the special Dream World abilities.
The lack of knowledge of the DW abilities alone puts them at a huge disadvantage.

And then there's the obvious lack of knowledge of what exactly EV's or IV's are.
And then natures.
And then how to properly utilize abilities
etc.

Also, just because someone hacks in a team doesn't necessarily mean they'll always win, because they probably won't even know how to properly use it. It's like that one kid who always used legendaries: It may seem intimidating but if you really know what you're doing(entry hazards, stat boosts, etc), then can proceed to sweep his entire team.
---
How I feel when people are against features being added to a game or something needs to be nerfed because its not realistic enough: http://i.imgur.com/0Dqiu.jpg
#159Mariofan15Posted 11/16/2012 8:45:52 PM
You guys are hilarious. Also, Stover's flame bait successfully worked.

f*** outta here, I didn't even start this argument and didn't even comment on it until people were already arguing. You bandwagoners are pathetic

Calm down,little boy. Geez. No wonder people dont take you seriously. It's because of posts like these.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#160Stover46Posted 11/16/2012 8:49:01 PM(edited)
Deleted post? :p

Which was AFTER the argument started? And had nothing to do with inciting anything? You're a joke.

The deleted post was me trying to help somebody with something and then finding out I read the post wrong, oh but you see my name so LOL STOVER DID THIS
kick rocks.
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://superbooyah.com/images/stories/Galleries//bustyfacebook/Facebook%20Smokin.JPG