This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#161pies12Posted 11/16/2012 8:49:30 PM
This only started because you brought up Pokegen in the first place. There never had to be an issue.

I asked a simple question. Serebii was the one who started arguing and name calling.

FYI, hacking provides an unfair advantage against the casual player.

By that logic anyone who knows about IV/EVs has an unfair advantage against a casual.

A person who knows how the game works and breeds for good IVs, EV trains properly and is a decent team builder, or an RNG abuser would be the only types of people to have any chance against a hacker

So against a competent player it provides no advantage, glad we cleared that up.

Your the kind of immature person who whines about their sibling receiving a present on their own birthday.

Actually I don't particularly care about birthdays regardless. Every year when my girlfriend asks what I want I tell her sex and pizza. Cool ad hominem though. I am, however, the kind of person who knows the difference between your and you're.

If all you really want to just have fun, then why do you care so much that you may not get one particular event?

Because some people having access to the expanded movepool while others are arbitrarily denied it offers a clear advantage.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#162Stover46Posted 11/16/2012 8:49:57 PM
From: Pearlshipperluv | Posted: 11/16/2012 10:43:49 PM | #157
Except a lot of people feel it is a big time waster to just do it the normal way.

That is what really drives them to use Pokesav/Pokegen/Action Replay.

Yeah I'm one of those people, still doesn't mean we're not cheating. "It's a big time waster to get that unlockable weapon in game A, so I'll just hack it in. Totally not cheating though right?"
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i1.ytimg.com/u/xsasIWeopo0w8WVLqiXM6A/channels3_background.jpg?v=e0c992
#163KeeperOfShadowsPosted 11/16/2012 9:06:24 PM
Stover46 posted...
Except a lot of people feel it is a big time waster to just do it the normal way.

Yeah I'm one of those people, still doesn't mean we're not cheating. "It's a big time waster to get that unlockable weapon in game A, so I'll just hack it in. Totally not cheating though right?"

You and I agree too much.

Anyways, this exactly. Many use methods like Pokegen to save time, but at the same time know and except that they're cheating. The problems around here stem from the few who say they're hacked pokes are legit cause they are statistically legal. Then come the guys who are desperate to tell them its cheating, and long pointless arguments like these follow.

To those who say hacking isn't cheating: grow a pair. You lose nothing in being true to your actions in a video game.

To those who declare hacking is cheating: most decent hackers know and accept this. Move on. Shouldn't you be busy breeding? j/k
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#164kwando1313Posted 11/16/2012 9:44:40 PM
Stover46 posted...
Deleted post? :p

Which was AFTER the argument started? And had nothing to do with inciting anything? You're a joke.

The deleted post was me trying to help somebody with something and then finding out I read the post wrong, oh but you see my name so LOL STOVER DID THIS
kick rocks.

Aww... Sweet, you're so adorable! It was like this back on the KH:3D boards too! :D
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#165Stover46Posted 11/16/2012 9:46:14 PM
Stover46 posted...
Deleted post? :p

Which was AFTER the argument started? And had nothing to do with inciting anything? You're a joke.

The deleted post was me trying to help somebody with something and then finding out I read the post wrong, oh but you see my name so LOL STOVER DID THIS
kick rocks.

Aww... Sweet, you're so adorable! It was like this back on the KH:3D boards too! :D

ignore list.
---
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/uploads/1/Night_of_Champions_full.jpg
#166Ari917Posted 11/16/2012 9:47:59 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Ari917 posted...
BikdipOnABus posted...
I agree with the post that said that the "self righteous RNG abuser" is basically the worst type of player. I honestly don't have an issue with Pokegen / AR / whatever the crap it's called. If people want to use it, AND if they admit that it's cheating (because ... come the hell on, it totally is), then they're free to do so. I personally don't want to do this, but only because I'm not interested in competitive battling. (Or casual battling, for that matter). If I was into that sort of thing, then I would use hacks, no question.

RNG abuse is annoying as hell, because the argument that RNGed Pokemon are legit is still technically correct. But still, come on. Gamefreak very obviously did not intend the game to generate Pokemon to the player's whim in the way that RNG abuse allows. So yes, it's supposed to be incredibly tedious to get a shiny or a perfect IV Pokemon. So if you want one and don't want to invest the huge amount of time, then just hack one. Either way, you're cheating the system, so why bother to do it in a way that's technically legit, when nobody really gives a crap if it's hacked anyway?

...Except some of those same people who use Pokegen/AR/etc. do say it's not cheating. Some would say that they're just using the device to get the most out of the game just as long as it's within the game's restrictions. So isn't it hypocritical of you to hate on RNG'ers when others who use similar methods are just as guilty?

Not hypocritical in the slightest, considering he mentioned they were cheating too.

I was referring to him calling them the "worst kind of player" and "I don't have a problem with Pokegen/Ar" bit. My thing is he admits that he only has a problem with RNG'ers even though Pokegen/Ar/whatever do the same things RNG do, so why does he not have a problem with them but will with RNGers (and don't give me the "they're more annoying because they say it's not cheating" because I've seen the other groups throw that around as well).
#167Brandon042487Posted 11/16/2012 9:49:58 PM
Will NOA get this event or are we getting stiffed out another event pokemon?
---
Twilight sucks
#168Stover46Posted 11/16/2012 9:52:10 PM
My thing is he admits that he only has a problem with RNG'ers even though Pokegen/Ar/whatever do the same things RNG do

No he didn't, now you're just reading what you want to see. He said he has a problem with RNG'ers who act self righteous and claim they're not cheating when they're cheating just as much as Pokegen/AR users. He has a problem with whoever cheats and claims they're not cheating
---
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/uploads/1/Night_of_Champions_full.jpg
#169WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 9:55:51 PM(edited)
Stover46 posted...

But what if you can't get that unlockable weapon A no matter how hard you work? Sure, you may say we can get it through trades, but get real, most people who trade those have created them or trading for equally rare things that we also don't have access to. I'm not saying it isn't cheating, I'm saying its fair as long as it is on equal terms with legit, because this game is unfair anyways even if nobody cheated.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#170Brandon042487Posted 11/16/2012 10:00:12 PM
Personally I don't give a flying f*** what a person does to their game, why argue about something you can't control?
---
Twilight sucks