This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#181Stover46Posted 11/17/2012 1:09:05 AM
wind64a posted...
How on earth did this RNG/AR/Pokegen aspect take over for so long?

Some people just like to argue for no good reason.

You know full well that Serebii started this fight, you're blaming everyone but him hilariously
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://i1.ytimg.com/u/xsasIWeopo0w8WVLqiXM6A/channels3_background.jpg?v=e0c992
#182WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 1:15:27 AM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
pies12 posted...
Actually I don't particularly care about birthdays regardless. Every year when my girlfriend asks what I want I tell her sex and pizza. Cool ad hominem though. I am, however, the kind of person who knows the difference between your and you're.

Ah, the last line in a troll's defense, being a grammar nazi.

I'm sorry but your argument about people having an event pokemon having an advantage is weak, and I have already explained why earlier. If they truly have THAT much of an advantage that you can't beat them, then either you are a terrible player, or the pokemon is too powerful and will be/already is banned.

The only reason to hack it, is simply to have it. I mean, do you honestly think 100% of competitive winning teams is going to have this special event Victini?

By that logic, if the only cheat I used was to unlock it and other event pokemon, assuming I will use them against other players, maybe even competitively, then wouldn't you be just as petty to tell me you are at a disadvantage and it isn't fair?
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#183HalecticPosted 11/17/2012 1:24:26 AM
Pokegen is the same thing as using performance enhancing drugs in professional sports, some view it as getting a edge and others view it as cheating.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#184Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 1:58:38 AM(edited)
Oh my, this sure escalated quickly.

I did not intend to start a fight. I don't belive I was the one who did.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but considering that you get banned if caught using PokéGen etc and TPCi have said that if they could detect it, they'd ban RNG abusers, which indicates that it is cheating, contrary to what people may or may not believe.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#185Nidhogg151Posted 11/17/2012 2:13:38 AM
WolfJounin posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
pies12 posted...
Actually I don't particularly care about birthdays regardless. Every year when my girlfriend asks what I want I tell her sex and pizza. Cool ad hominem though. I am, however, the kind of person who knows the difference between your and you're.

I'm sorry but your argument about people having an event pokemon having an advantage is weak, and I have already explained why earlier. If they truly have THAT much of an advantage that you can't beat them, then either you are a terrible player, or the pokemon is too powerful and will be/already is banned.

The only reason to hack it, is simply to have it. I mean, do you honestly think 100% of competitive winning teams is going to have this special event Victini?

By that logic, if the only cheat I used was to unlock it and other event pokemon, assuming I will use them against other players, maybe even competitively, then wouldn't you be just as petty to tell me you are at a disadvantage and it isn't fair?

What are you talking about? I said nothing about non-event pokemon in what you just quoted from me. I was directly replying to pies12's argument that it's ok/not cheating to hack event pokemon because the people who went to the event now have an unfair advantage over the people who didn't. And then I explained to him why that's not the case. If you got non-event pokemon out of that, I would strongly suggest that you brush up on your reading comprehension.

However, as an answer to non-event pokemon, it is still cheating 100%. Why? Because even though they are the same as legit pokemon in every single way, you cut corners to get it, which is cheating. More importantly, you cut corners via an external device (think of it as bringing a cheat sheet to school, and using it to answer all the questions). Those who RNG are also cheating, however that is via exploitation (which would be like taking that same test at school, but figuring out the pattern the teacher uses to place the right answers on the test).

Is it all unfair? Well, to be perfectly honest, that really is a matter of perspective. I personally think not because you didn't go through the actual work to get there. And I don't think the "well I've done it before so I wanna skip it now" excuse really flies. I have done it all before too, yet I'm perfectly capable of doing it all over again/trading my old pokemon to the new version.

However the other question, if it is all immoral, then the answer is a resounding yes. It IS cheating, which is immoral. And hopefully I don't have to explain morality to you.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#186WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 2:25:18 AM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
pies12 posted...

What are you talking about? I said nothing about non-event pokemon in what you just quoted from me. I was directly replying to pies12's argument that it's ok/not cheating to hack event pokemon because the people who went to the event now have an unfair advantage over the people who didn't. And then I explained to him why that's not the case. If you got non-event pokemon out of that, I would strongly suggest that you brush up on your reading comprehension.

However, as an answer to non-event pokemon, it is still cheating 100%. Why? Because even though they are the same as legit pokemon in every single way, you cut corners to get it, which is cheating. More importantly, you cut corners via an external device (think of it as bringing a cheat sheet to school, and using it to answer all the questions). Those who RNG are also cheating, however that is via exploitation (which would be like taking that same test at school, but figuring out the pattern the teacher uses to place the right answers on the test).

Is it all unfair? Well, to be perfectly honest, that really is a matter of perspective. I personally think not because you didn't go through the actual work to get there. And I don't think the "well I've done it before so I wanna skip it now" excuse really flies. I have done it all before too, yet I'm perfectly capable of doing it all over again/trading my old pokemon to the new version.

However the other question, if it is all immoral, then the answer is a resounding yes. It IS cheating, which is immoral. And hopefully I don't have to explain morality to you.

*Facepalm* Its funny how you tell someone he's losing an argument by being a grammar nazi, then you question another person's reading comprehension, when you failed to understand my statement. Re-read it. It targets event pokemon. My main point is, people still see this as cheating (even in this thread). If you don't see it as cheating, it is no longer a black or white issue of what is or isn't cheating, but morally the answer is cheating makes it unfair... what is unfair? That varies from individual to individual, however, my retort to you was that you were insulting the other player's skills for calling out an event pokemon unfair, and I was saying how that makes players who call getting an event pokemon via hacking having an unfair advantage or cheating (so they can retain their advantage) any less petty?
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#187Nidhogg151Posted 11/17/2012 2:52:04 AM
WolfJounin posted...
*Facepalm* Its funny how you tell someone he's losing an argument by being a grammar nazi, then you question another person's reading comprehension, when you failed to understand my statement. Re-read it. It targets event pokemon. My main point is, people still see this as cheating (even in this thread). If you don't see it as cheating, it is no longer a black or white issue of what is or isn't cheating, but morally the answer is cheating makes it unfair... what is unfair? That varies from individual to individual, however, my retort to you was that you were insulting the other player's skills for calling out an event pokemon unfair, and I was saying how that makes players who call getting an event pokemon via hacking having an unfair advantage or cheating (so they can retain their advantage) any less petty?

You're right about the reading comprehension comment lol. It's late and I'm tried, so I did read it wrong (but my point about the other guy being a grammar nazi as his last line of defense still stands).

But in regards to what you did say, that's the thing. I'm not saying that I would be at a disadvantage if facing you and your hacked pokemon. I never did. I am saying however, that no matter how you try to justify it, it's always cheating. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick and are unable to get the event pokemon for one reason or another. I'm saying rather than hack, maybe you should just forget about it and move on instead of crying about it and/or using hacks to get it anyway.

My reasoning for it being unfair, again, is because you skipped the work of getting from point A to point B (in the case of regular pokemon). As for event pokemon it's not about fairness, it's about morality.
---
#188pies12Posted 11/17/2012 3:14:25 AM
And hopefully I don't have to explain morality to you.

Please do, it should be highly entertaining.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#189Jrx1Posted 11/17/2012 3:28:40 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Oh my, this sure escalated quickly.

I did not intend to start a fight. I don't belive I was the one who did.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but considering that you get banned if caught using PokéGen etc and TPCi have said that if they could detect it, they'd ban RNG abusers, which indicates that it is cheating, contrary to what people may or may not believe.

Yeah. I wish there was a Pokemon game on a handheld that would be 100% disabled from hacking devices, and everyone would play the legit way.

3DS is nice, but when someone pointed out that they can just trade old hacked Pokemon to the 3DS game then my dreams have been ruined again.
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#190Nidhogg151Posted 11/17/2012 3:58:55 AM
pies12 posted...
And hopefully I don't have to explain morality to you.

Please do, it should be highly entertaining.

Morality is the difference between right and wrong. Being dishonest is considered wrong by civilization. Hacking is a form of dishonesty, as what you received via hacking was not obtained legitimately (as the game makers intended). If you can't figure it out from there, then I don't think there is any point in continuing this conversation. Though at this point I'm pretty much done anyway, since you no longer seem able to give a valid argument.
---