This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#191WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 4:15:48 AM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
You're right about the reading comprehension comment lol. It's late and I'm tried, so I did read it wrong (but my point about the other guy being a grammar nazi as his last line of defense still stands).

But in regards to what you did say, that's the thing. I'm not saying that I would be at a disadvantage if facing you and your hacked pokemon. I never did. I am saying however, that no matter how you try to justify it, it's always cheating. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick and are unable to get the event pokemon for one reason or another. I'm saying rather than hack, maybe you should just forget about it and move on instead of crying about it and/or using hacks to get it anyway.

My reasoning for it being unfair, again, is because you skipped the work of getting from point A to point B (in the case of regular pokemon). As for event pokemon it's not about fairness, it's about morality.

Yeah, it is a good practice not to insult people on things like that, because sometimes it might bite you back. I've done it too though, so... anyways. What you're saying is, I have to deal with unfairness from "legit" players involving event pokemon instead of crying about it (or just hack it anyways)... why is it not okay for me to make it fair, and legit players to deal with it instead of crying? Maybe they worked hard outside of the game to make it to the event, maybe they were lucky and in the area, but what about those who can't due that even if they wanted to? If the best you can come up with is that hackers have to deal with it, then why should hackers be considerate to legit players enough not to hack event pokemon and use them in competitive play, let alone non-event pokemon if legit players are gonna support unfairness?

Like you said, I'm gonna do it anyways, but this is an argument here (probably one that won't matter in my lifetime, but hell, I love debate). Morale? Where is the morale in using event pokemon that a very large number of players don't normally have access to, and then take the game and one's own pride/prejudice in it seriously? I don't want someone who supports inequality that can't be fixed with hard work alone, to talk to me about morality. Sure hackers can still use another pokemon instead and usually be just as good, but everyone should have the opportunity to use them. This isn't real life where equal trade always exists, where to give something to another player, is to take it from another... me gaining an event pokemon doesn't deprive another. Being fair in the regard of hacking event pokemon wouldn't hurt the competitive environment, as it would make it more balanced. Winning while knowing both of you didn't have the same opportunities, and taking pride in accepting it that way has no morality.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#192Nidhogg151Posted 11/17/2012 4:34:45 AM
WolfJounin posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
You're right about the reading comprehension comment lol. It's late and I'm tried, so I did read it wrong (but my point about the other guy being a grammar nazi as his last line of defense still stands).

But in regards to what you did say, that's the thing. I'm not saying that I would be at a disadvantage if facing you and your hacked pokemon. I never did. I am saying however, that no matter how you try to justify it, it's always cheating. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick and are unable to get the event pokemon for one reason or another. I'm saying rather than hack, maybe you should just forget about it and move on instead of crying about it and/or using hacks to get it anyway.

My reasoning for it being unfair, again, is because you skipped the work of getting from point A to point B (in the case of regular pokemon). As for event pokemon it's not about fairness, it's about morality.

Yeah, it is a good practice not to insult people on things like that, because sometimes it might bite you back. I've done it too though, so... anyways. What you're saying is, I have to deal with unfairness from "legit" players involving event pokemon instead of crying about it... why is it not okay for me to make it fair, and legit players to deal with it instead of crying? Maybe they worked hard outside of the game to make it to the event, maybe they were lucky and in the area, but about those who can't due that even if they wanted to? If the best you can come up with is that hackers have to deal with it, then why should hackers be considerate to legit players enough not to hack event pokemon and use them in competitive player, let alone non-event pokemon if legit players are gonna be so harsh?

Like you said, I'm gonna do it anyways, but this is an argument here (probably one that won't matter in my lifetime, but hell, I love debate). Morale? Where is the morale in using event pokemon that a very large number of players don't normally have access to, and then take the game and one's own pride/prejudice in it seriously? I don't want someone who has or supports inequality that can't be fixed with hard work alone, to talk to me about morality. Sure hackers can still use another pokemon instead and usually be just as good, but everyone should have the options to use them. This isn't real life where equal trade exists, where to give something to another player, is to take it from another... being fair in the regard of hacking event wouldn't hurt the competitive environment. Winning while knowing both of you didn't have the same opportunities, and taking pride in accepting it that way has no morality.

It's not immoral for a person to use that special pokemon they have unless it is overpowered and banned from competitive play and they decide to use it anyway. If it is not banned, that clearly means that there are still a lot of checks to that pokemon. It is the entire point of this game to find and use those checks, and to be prepared for anything. I mean, you have to pick 6 pokemon out of 649, so why exactly is not having this ONE pokemon such a "disadvantage" to you? As a legit player talking to a hacker, I'm not saying it's a disadvantage to me that you have it, just that you're a cheater.

I agree that GF should start making NA/EU events or some type of giveaway to allow everyone worldwide get these pokemon legit (they could just use DW for it for christ sake). But in the meantime, no amount of justification on your part will make hacking moral. I mean, it's pretty much in the definition of the word.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#193Nidhogg151Posted 11/17/2012 4:36:39 AM
Anyway, it's way late here and I nodded off about three times typing up that last post, so I'm done. Good luck with your debate.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#194WolfJouninPosted 11/17/2012 6:59:55 AM(edited)
Its true we both have a different sense of morals... so what is the point of my argument really? I want to establish that there can be exceptions, and everything isn't right or wrong. (Warning, the following is a hell of a drag on sentence) If in real life, something special was exclusively released to certain individuals, people who didn't earn it with hard work, but were at the right place at the right time, and you could obtain the same thing that you missed out on that you wanted/needed without taking it away from anyone else who already has it, through some method that was illegal, but nobody would even realize the difference, and you would never be at risk, would you really settle for less to be what you perceive as moral? If yes, then I wanna say that not supporting equal opportunity is just as immoral as hacking. If you agree with that, then we go on to ask, do two wrongs make a right? Usually not, but I'm a revolutionary, so I believe if it leads to equality, then I'm not only gonna do it, I'm gonna talk about it proudly. At least at the end, we established a better than usual ending for a gamefaqs thread argument (as derailed as it may have been). If I had a hat, I would tip it in your direction.

Oh and one more thing. I'm not justifying or defending myself. I've hacked in many other ways, though I've been considerate of others. I'm just defending those who deserve that opportunity, and are depriving themselves by not taking it into their own hands, or are being treated unfairly because they did. I've had this stance even before I hacked, including when I was extremely competitive with IVs and EVs late in 3rd gen.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#195warnerbromanPosted 11/17/2012 6:19:09 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Boy, this sure escalated quickly..
Fix'd

Now the question is true believers: Will Victini be OU now?
---
I never heard of warnerbroman [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/chun-lifan/chun-li/prima2.jpg[/IMG] you can't stop staring can you?
#196tsunamisurfer08Posted 11/17/2012 9:18:34 AM
dwdwdw6 posted...
Just what is to be expected of Gamefaqs :D

Ugh, tell me about it.

Brandon042487 posted...
Personally I don't give a flying **** what a person does to their game, why argue about something you can't control?

Probably the only post in this topic I can actually agree with. I would offer up my opinion on the matter, but...why bother.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#197Mollyford25Posted 11/17/2012 12:20:26 PM
Ugh lax nature, it looks like its nature locked.
---
Not going to change this sig untill eevee gets a flying form started on 28/07/2010
Your talent makes you who you are. You should be proud of it.
#198RadioRebelPosted 11/17/2012 1:03:08 PM
Mollyford25 posted...
Ugh lax nature, it looks like its nature locked.

http://memegenerator.net/instance/30379034

Troll Freak strikes again...
---
FC: 4084-3347-5517
#199Miggi3Fr3shPosted 11/17/2012 1:13:54 PM
He's self righteous because he plays the game the way it should be played? Without cheating or RNGing... That's an interesting perspective you have.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#200Mariofan15Posted 11/17/2012 1:29:52 PM(edited)
wind64a posted...
How on earth did this RNG/AR/Pokegen aspect take over for so long?

Some people just like to argue for no good reason.

You know full well that Serebii started this fight, you're blaming everyone but him hilariously

And you acting like a child throwing a temper tantrum really helped.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2