This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#211360pagesPosted 11/18/2012 1:04:43 PM
You do realize most of the world champions use the RNG right? You'll probably won't make it to far without at least that, not like IV's are that important other than speed.
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#212shadowpimpstylePosted 11/18/2012 1:45:29 PM
360pages posted...
You do realize most of the world champions use the RNG right? You'll probably won't make it to far without at least that, not like IV's are that important other than speed.

Most? I'd say all of them do judging by how many show up with perfect and specific Hidden Power types and are always getting into speed ties with each other.
If anything, about 95% percent(perhaps higher) of the competitors at these things have used some type of external program or device to create their teams... I could see how that would be annoying to someone who doesn't have access to or doesn't want to use things like Pokegen or RNG Reporter.
#213Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 3:07:22 PM
Monferno_AQW posted...
Serebii from SPP posted...
Not that it's relevant, but I don't use ROMs as evidence by this with my B2W2 coverage

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322217974531163&set=pb.271717862914508.-2207520000.1353243480&type=3&theater

Maybe not for BW2, but what about BW1? Remember the whole "no exp at the start of the game" fiasco?

Stover46 posted...
From: Serebii from SPP | Posted: 11/18/2012 7:58:32 AM | #207
Not that it's relevant, but I don't use ROMs as evidence by this with my B2W2 coverage

No that just means you didn't use a ROM for BW2. You did for BW1 though, I remember you dealing with the no EXP AP when your first bit of info was "you don't get EXP for the first battles" which you then removed after finding out it was Anti Piracy methods lol

it was a big thing people were on your case for too back then

That was me going off of someone I trusted until my copy came a short time later. Like then, I posted a photo of my copy soon afterwards when people brought it into question
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#214Monferno_AQWPosted 11/18/2012 3:26:24 PM(edited)
Monferno_AQW posted...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322217974531163&set=pb.271717862914508.-2207520000.1353243480&type=3&theater

Maybe not for BW2, but what about BW1? Remember the whole "no exp at the start of the game" fiasco?

Stover46 posted...
From: Serebii from SPP | Posted: 11/18/2012 7:58:32 AM | #207

No that just means you didn't use a ROM for BW2. You did for BW1 though, I remember you dealing with the no EXP AP when your first bit of info was "you don't get EXP for the first battles" which you then removed after finding out it was Anti Piracy methods lol

it was a big thing people were on your case for too back then

That was me going off of someone I trusted until my copy came a short time later. Like then, I posted a photo of my copy soon afterwards when people brought it into question

Then why did you delete that post you made? If it was someone else, you could've just stated it. Deleting that post, or atleast editing it out, made you look guilty, like you had something to hide.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#215alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 11/18/2012 3:21:49 PM
There is no point not hacking when people are going to RNG anyway. They both get you perfect pokemon in no time and for some reason its considered more ok.
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#216yzmanPosted 11/18/2012 3:35:26 PM

Then why did you delete that post you made? If it was someone else, you could've just stated it. Deleting that post, or atleast editing it out, made you look guilty, like you had something to hide.

Thats a silly thing to get on his case about. The information was wrong. He deleted it because it was wrong.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#217Monferno_AQWPosted 11/18/2012 3:48:33 PM(edited)
yzman posted...

Thats a silly thing to get on his case about. The information was wrong. He deleted it because it was wrong.

Or he could've put in a note saying that it was an anti-piracy measure. It'd let others know they might have recieved a rom. IMO, that just made him look guilty.
---
I only play in Ubers
R~married to Shauntal and Lorelei/Prima
#218yzmanPosted 11/18/2012 3:43:59 PM
Also to put my 2 cents in, of course hacking is cheating. Regardless of whether the community cares whether you do it, it is still "cheating". The ends does not justify the means. You can't stay its not cheating just because a person COULD get to it with normal operation.

Using that argument, you can justify almost ANYTHING.

Well officer I didn't really steal this car, I mean did I take it? Yes. But I could have afforded it.

Teacher I didn't cheat on this exam, I mean I got an answer that anyone that studied for the exam could have gotten, I just happen to have copied it out of a solution manual.

I won the lottery. I mean everyone has the chance of winning the lottery. So what if I rigged it so my numbers were called? Anyone else could have had that number combination too. I just saved time. I didn't do anything that anyone else could not have done.

etc
etc.

I personally don't care if people hack but to try to call it not cheating is silly. Especially for the reason that they are "not doing anything that someone couldn't normally do". Yes you are, you are getting something in the fraction of the time that someone that genuinely plays the game would take to do it. Defend hacking all you want. Continue hacking for all I care, but don't try to reason that it isn't cheating because "you aren't doing anything outside the normal means". Its a faulty argument.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#219Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/18/2012 3:53:02 PM
Also to put my 2 cents in, of course hacking is cheating. Regardless of whether the community cares whether you do it, it is still "cheating". The ends does not justify the means. You can't stay its not cheating just because a person COULD get to it with normal operation.

Well officer I didn't really steal this car, I mean did I take it? Yes. But I could have afforded it.

Teacher I didn't cheat on this exam, I mean I got an answer that anyone that studied for the exam could have gotten, I just happen to have copied it out of a solution manual.

I won the lottery. I mean everyone has the chance of winning the lottery. So what if I rigged it so my numbers were called? Anyone else could have had that number combination too. I just saved time. I didn't do anything that anyone else could not have done.

etc
etc.

lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png http://i.imgur.com/KjeJa.png
#220tsunamisurfer08Posted 11/18/2012 4:00:41 PM
yzman posted...

etc
etc.

I personally don't care if people hack but to try to call it not cheating is silly. Especially for the reason that they are "not doing anything that someone couldn't normally do". Yes you are, you are getting something in the fraction of the time that someone that genuinely plays the game would take to do it. Defend hacking all you want. Continue hacking for all I care, but don't try to reason that it isn't cheating because "you aren't doing anything outside the normal means". Its a faulty argument.

People that compare real life to a video game need to go outside more often.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.