This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#31kakashik99992Posted 11/16/2012 3:09:30 AM
Need to update my Sun team lol
#32Nidhogg151Posted 11/16/2012 3:11:54 AM
WolfJounin posted...
Since you're gonna be so black and white about it (again, no pun intended), let's say theoretically you got a pokegened pokemon through trading, who seems 100% legit, and you have no idea. It doesn't matter what you traded for it and if it was a fair trade, you got something that wasn't obtained properly. You are supporting the hacker, whether you realize it or not. Now what? Is it proper, just because you don't realize it or because you feel that's an exception?

If you didn't know it was hacked then I would say you are not at fault and should be able to keep the Pokemon so long as it has a moveset it can learn w/o hacks. The reasoning behind that is that to get it legit, you would have gone through EXACTLY the same process to get it.

Otherwise though, I have to agree with the people saying just to play it properly. I've been playing for 14 years, and haven't cheated since I used the Game Shark on R/B cause honestly, there's no need to. The game itself isn't exactly hard, and you don't NEED to have these special legendaries to play competitively.

I mean, it's your game and I'm not going to tell you how to play it, but it's pretty sad if you're so bad that you need to make an easy game easier with hacks.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#33Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:15:36 AM
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
Since you're gonna be so black and white about it (again, no pun intended), let's say theoretically you got a pokegened pokemon through trading, who seems 100% legit, and you have no idea. It doesn't matter what you traded for it and if it was a fair trade, you got something that wasn't obtained properly. You are supporting the hacker, whether you realize it or not. Now what? Is it proper, just because you don't realize it or because you feel that's an exception?

If you didn't know it was hacked then I would say you are not at fault and should be able to keep the Pokemon so long as it has a moveset it can learn w/o hacks. The reasoning behind that is that to get it legit, you would have gone through EXACTLY the same process to get it.

Otherwise though, I have to agree with the people saying just to play it properly. I've been playing for 14 years, and haven't cheated since I used the Game Shark on R/B cause honestly, there's no need to. The game itself isn't exactly hard, and you don't NEED to have these special legendaries to play competitively.

I mean, it's your game and I'm not going to tell you how to play it, but it's pretty sad if you're so bad that you need to make an easy game easier with hacks.

I agree, it's your choice.

However, if you intend to use Pokémon in battle and/or trades then you should NOT hack them. It's unfair to other players
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#34uuurrrgghPosted 11/16/2012 3:19:17 AM
Blue Flare + Glaciate + Psychic + Taunt = ohgodyes.
---
I always listen, I just don't respond.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#35WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 3:26:57 AM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...

But right there, you've made an exception. No matter how small or irrelevant, it is an exception to the "proper" standards, whether you realize it or not. Assuming you know who you've trade with, let's move on... is it really sad to spend 200-300 hours playing a bunch of games and pokemon (but hacking once you reach a certain point), or is it sad to spend over 3 hours breeding each pokemon with the right natures, decent IVs, and EV training it? Let alone leveling it, let alone good IVs, let alone a whole team, let alone again because of some new game mechanic (Scizor gaining access to Technician, which it didn't have in 3rd gen, even though I fully trained it)? Is it really sad to want to play part of a game that you didn't have access to for whatever reason?

In the same regard you say its sad we have to cheat to get things that make the game fun for us, as opposed to tedious (fun for you), I can say its sad your putting so much pride and time into a game, and then judging how other people have fun. Oh and don't worry Serebii, I have standards... just, I'm not willing to retrain the same species for who knows how long again, because someone else who wouldn't notice otherwise has a problem with it.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#36Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:27:43 AM
Can't wait for Gen VI on the 3DS with constant firmware updates to help fight against cheating. Man that's going to be sweet
---
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#37ParominPosted 11/16/2012 3:32:15 AM(edited)
Apparently it's fair to give special advantages to only a portion of the playerbase. But it's unfair to give those advantages to everyone.

lol

Seriously

lol

Now let's go back to what it really means to be fair in a competitive environment. You can download Wondercard files from sites like Project Pokemon. IIRC they already have the PGF's for the Kyogre and Groundon events. So Victini should appear there soon.

---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#38pies12Posted 11/16/2012 3:39:39 AM(edited)
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...

However, if you intend to use Pokémon in battle and/or trades then you should NOT hack them. It's unfair to other players

How exactly is it unfair when it is within the exact same stat parameters, abilities and moveset as a legit 'mon?

Or better yet, how exactly is it fair that you lose the opportunity at a unique moveset on a 'mon simply because you don't live in x?
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#39Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:45:21 AM
pies12 posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...

How exactly is it unfair when it is within the exact same stat parameters, abilities and moveset as a legit 'mon?

Or better yet, how exactly is it fair that you lose the opportunity at a unique moveset on a 'mon simply because you don't live in x?

Because you didn't train it, you didn't make it within the parameters of the game. That's how it is unfair.

It's like being in a race. You trained hours each day for 6 months, another person comes in and races you having used steroids so their performance is increased to the same level. It's wrong.
---
#40noname2lazyPosted 11/16/2012 3:47:48 AM
No it's not this is a video game were talking about. Big difference.