This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#41Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 4:50:15 AM
noname2lazy posted...
No it's not this is a video game were talking about. Big difference.

It's a metaphorical example -_-
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#42pies12Posted 11/16/2012 4:55:31 AM
pies12 posted...
Nidhogg151 posted...
WolfJounin posted...
Since you're gonna be so black and white about it (again, no pun intended), let's say theoretically you got a pokegened pokemon through trading, who seems 100% legit, and you have no idea. It doesn't matter what you traded for it and if it was a fair trade, you got something that wasn't obtained properly. You are supporting the hacker, whether you realize it or not. Now what? Is it proper, just because you don't realize it or because you feel that's an exception?

If you didn't know it was hacked then I would say you are not at fault and should be able to keep the Pokemon so long as it has a moveset it can learn w/o hacks. The reasoning behind that is that to get it legit, you would have gone through EXACTLY the same process to get it.

Otherwise though, I have to agree with the people saying just to play it properly. I've been playing for 14 years, and haven't cheated since I used the Game Shark on R/B cause honestly, there's no need to. The game itself isn't exactly hard, and you don't NEED to have these special legendaries to play competitively.

I mean, it's your game and I'm not going to tell you how to play it, but it's pretty sad if you're so bad that you need to make an easy game easier with hacks.

I agree, it's your choice.

However, if you intend to use Pokémon in battle and/or trades then you should NOT hack them. It's unfair to other players

How exactly is it unfair when it is within the exact same stat parameters, abilities and moveset as a legit 'mon?

Or better yet, how exactly is it fair that you lose the opportunity at a unique moveset on a 'mon simply because you don't live in x?

Because you didn't train it, you didn't make it within the parameters of the game. That's how it is unfair.

It's like being in a race. You trained hours each day for 6 months, another person comes in and races you having used steroids so their performance is increased to the same level. It's wrong.

Not only is that analogy terrible that's not how steroids work. I'm still waiting for a legitimate reason of how pokegen gives you an in game/battle advantage over breeding or how arbitrarily missing out on a unique moveset mon is fair.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#43ParominPosted 11/16/2012 5:00:45 AM(edited)
Oh boy it's the draw an example game.

Let's play that.

WoW and Ragnarok Online, two popular (or at least one used to be) online games force players to generate characters (builds and equipment) for their official world wide competitions.

The idea of Pokegen leveling the playing field isn't just something that some cheater thought up. It's a system used by game developers.

So you have a game, a genre really, where people put dozens, some hundreds, of hours of their time into their characters, gear, and equipment. Yet official tourney rules don't bother with that and instead give everyone a level playing field.

---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#44WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 4:58:59 AM
So people can take pride in having an unfair advantage in a video game and gloat they're playing "properly", because their opposition wasn't given the same chance to get a Pokemon from an event? Because its supposed to be a special event? Then by that standard, shouldn't it be banned since it gives an unfair advantage? Oh, is it was made by the game's developers so it is okay? What poor sportsmanship, some "proper" trainer you are. I'd feel horrible if I had a Pokemon no one else had access to, and had some sort of advantage or even minor gimmick because of it. I guess its funny then, because as a hacker, I want the game to be fair to everyone, and yet...
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#45LexifoxPosted 11/16/2012 5:00:17 AM
Isn't Victini generally banned from play, anyway?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#46Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 5:08:51 AM
If your Pokémon is caught to have been hacked in official tournaments, you get removed. It's not something they ignore. They are against it. Just because you can make one look legit that can get through does NOT mean you should.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#47PolimarioPosted 11/16/2012 5:10:49 AM
^I think so.

Anyways, I envision Victini rising to OU with this event; if he's not there already. Glaciate for Dragons + Team Support alongside Bolt Strike to screw incoming Water types, and Blue Flare to murder specially.

They really are emphasizing the "victory" in the Victory Pokémon.
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#48DonniedonzPosted 11/16/2012 5:12:25 AM
I love watching all the Pokegen users come together, trying desperately to add "morality" to what they do. The bottom line is it's adding external code, which is the very definition of hacking / cheating in a video game.

If you're going to cheat, at least admit to it...

(By the way, this is coming from a legit breeder / EV trainer / whatever. My Pokemon are just as good as your hacked ones, but I am more proud of them because they each took several hours and lots of planning.)
---
"Garbodor is a fat little goose." - Metua
#49pies12Posted 11/16/2012 5:12:36 AM
If your Pokémon is caught to have been hacked in official tournaments, you get removed. It's not something they ignore. They are against it. Just because you can make one look legit that can get through does NOT mean you should.

You're still not explaining how a statistically legit pokegen 'mon gives you any advantage or how arbitrarily missing an expanded movepool is fair.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#50WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 5:18:20 AM
Serebii from SPP posted...

I don't think anyone is questioning your first two statements... but, in response to the 3rd one, I repeat myself. If we can make a Pokemon that "passes" the tournament's check and be on equal grounds with a legit one, it is unfair right? Then tell me, if you use an event Pokemon that only you have at a tournament, and won because it gave you an edge or even just a minor gimmick, would it really be okay to take pride in being "legit" for winning like that? Would it be fair? If you are going to say anything that the official tournament doesn't support is unfair, but anything they do is, including my above example, then there really isn't much further I can go. I respect your dedication to playing the way you do, which is why I challenge you with these questions.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.