This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#51Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 4:19:14 AM
pies12 posted...
If your Pokémon is caught to have been hacked in official tournaments, you get removed. It's not something they ignore. They are against it. Just because you can make one look legit that can get through does NOT mean you should.

You're still not explaining how a statistically legit pokegen 'mon gives you any advantage or how arbitrarily missing an expanded movepool is fair.

Because you didn't earn it. You didn't play the game to get it how it is.

Here's another comparison. You're doing maths work. You do the answers yourself, working them out, getting the sense of accomplishment. Your friend looks at the back of the book and gets the answers from there. Same overall result. Who is the cheater?
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#52beebarbPosted 11/16/2012 4:20:13 AM
Lexifox posted...
Isn't Victini generally banned from play, anyway?

It is, at least in official matches and random matchup, as far as I am aware.

The next words are directed at those trying to justify hacking.

Hacking to obtain something with the intent of using it online is wrong, it gives an unfair advantage against those who play properly and don't obsess over IVs, EVs, etc.

A hacker can very easily have all 31 IVs, the perfect EV spread, and the perfect nature where an ordinary player could have something completely random.

The hacker will have a much higher chance of winning than the person using their random favourites because they just want to battle online for fun.

Hackers are why avoid Random Matchup like the plague, because I know there is the chance I will come up against some trash of a person who cheated his or her way to an unfair advantage.

All I ever want to do is battle online with someone who has the decency to play fair. I want to be able to just use my favourites without worrying that I may be too underpowered to deal with a hackers undeserved perfection.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#531998_zPosted 11/16/2012 4:22:54 AM
>Glaciate

Screw logic, a Fire Pokemon can learn Glaciate.
---
People who like Froslass and/or Swampert just like I do: 6
Official Shedinja of the Pokemon B/W 2 boards || R - Rocket Scientist
#54DonniedonzPosted 11/16/2012 4:25:17 AM
1998_z posted...
>Glaciate

It's not "a Fire Pokemon."
It's Victini.
---
"Garbodor is a fat little goose." - Metua
#55PolimarioPosted 11/16/2012 4:26:06 AM
1998_z posted...
>Glaciate

Just like how a Fire 'Mon can learn Scald. *coughcoughEmboarcoughcough*
---
http://imgur.com/0MPQs
"Everything ends eventually... and sometimes, you're not sure why." -Mazeka
#56Probit_ReturnPosted 11/16/2012 4:33:02 AM
Donniedonz posted...
I love watching all the Pokegen users come together, trying desperately to add "morality" to what they do. The bottom line is it's adding external code, which is the very definition of hacking / cheating in a video game.

If you're going to cheat, at least admit to it...

(By the way, this is coming from a legit breeder / EV trainer / whatever. My Pokemon are just as good as your hacked ones, but I am more proud of them because they each took several hours and lots of planning.)

I'm a cheater, and I'll admit to it. But then, I'm not a competative player and I don't put what I hack in up on the GTS or otherwise trade it out of my possession. However, I only really hack in things like events, because there are times I'm unable to get them, like, for instance, Genesect. Money has been tight lately, and I've had to prioritize. A copy of Black 2 (or any game these past two months, and likely next month as well *Cries for Corpse Party: Book of Shadows*) unfortunately does not have much priority right now. So I knew I wasn't going to be able to get Genesect. So I hacked the Japanese event in to add it to my pokedex. I have NEVER been able to get a legit Deoxys, so I hacked it in to add it to my pokedex too.

I'm a bit obsessive compulsive, so blank spots in the pokedex taunt me to no end. If I've never seen it, I can't ask for it on the GTS, and I'd go to the trade boards, but my connection isn't reliable enough with my 3DS (let alone my DS Lite) to allow me to spend who knows how long finding a spot where it'll work long enough to go through, so setting up a trade time is a real hassle (and let's face it, if it's an event, it's probably cloned anyway. If it's gonna be fake, I may as well take care of it myself, and do things when I have the time).

And I'll also admit that I've pokegen'd myself up a few personal events, like normal pokemon with moves they'd never learn just for fun (and a female Speed Boost Torchic to breed a starter egg to trade over for when I do eventually get Black 2), but again, they stay in my possession. I'd never trade them out.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#57WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 4:38:21 AM(edited)
Serebii from SPP posted...
pies12 posted...
If your Pokémon is caught to have been hacked in official tournaments, you get removed. It's not something they ignore. They are against it. Just because you can make one look legit that can get through does NOT mean you should.

You're still not explaining how a statistically legit pokegen 'mon gives you any advantage or how arbitrarily missing an expanded movepool is fair.

Because you didn't earn it. You didn't play the game to get it how it is.

Here's another comparison. You're doing maths work. You do the answers yourself, working them out, getting the sense of accomplishment. Your friend looks at the back of the book and gets the answers from there. Same overall result. Who is the cheater?

You earned it and other people don't deserve it, because you were at the right place at the right time? And that's fair? If you want to say that the game isn't fair, but you shouldn't hack because it is unfair, then alright... we finally understand each other, and I will hack to make it fair regardless.... but if you want to say the game is fair, and I shouldn't hack because that is unfair, then one would call that ignorance, because the game isn't fair when everyone doesn't have access to the same things.

More over, to beebarb, not every hacker EV/IVs to perfection. All I do is unlock events and changed my Scizor's ability to Technician after I spent countless hours, er, days training it in 3rd gen, when its only ability was Swarm. I guess I'm the scumbag of the Earth for not spending countless hours to make a new one? Like I said, everyone has standards, both tournament players and hackers. We may not meet eye to eye, but if we don't, then we don't have to play together... just like how many of my friends don't play with drizzle/swift swim teams, while many "legit" players do.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#58ParominPosted 11/16/2012 4:37:22 AM
Hacking to obtain something with the intent of using it online is wrong, it gives an unfair advantage against those who play properly and don't obsess over IVs, EVs, etc.

A hacker can very easily have all 31 IVs,

Except non hackers can get 3-4 31 IVs. 1-2 can be targetted.

the perfect EV spread,

Okay this is just a dumb point to bring up. Really, bringing up EVs?

and the perfect nature where an ordinary player could have something completely random.

Everstone

The hacker will have a much higher chance of winning than the person using their random favourites because they just want to battle online for fun.

Apparently your definition of non-hacker are people who don't EV train, don't IV breed. Don't use Everstones. They're people who just play in-game and bring their Pokemon straight to online without any kind of preparation.

Hackers are why avoid Random Matchup like the plague, because I know there is the chance I will come up against some trash of a person who cheated his or her way to an unfair advantage.

Uh no.

All I ever want to do is battle online with someone who has the decency to play fair. I want to be able to just use my favourites without worrying that I may be too underpowered to deal with a hackers undeserved perfection.

I've made a team with 4 30-31 IVs in the right stats, with the proper EV spread and the proper nature. It doesn't take long. What takes long is if I want to CHANGE my team but that's beside the point.

The missing 2-3 31 IVs doesn't factor in much. At least on my side. Hidden Power being the only major issue.

The effort needed to create a single team isn't a lot. Changing your team is a whole different issue, but again, as far as a random match is concerned you have no idea if the team the other person brought with them is the first team they constructed or the 100th. What matters is that creating a single team is not a chore people make it out to be.

So really you're just fooling yourself if you think you're losing because the other person cheated. If anything you're assuming players will be just as casual as you.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#59DonniedonzPosted 11/16/2012 4:41:43 AM
Paromin makes several good points. I agree, making a legit team isn't the devastating task people claim it is. It takes, you know, a while... But in under one week you can have a PERFECT competitive team of six ready to go.
---
"Garbodor is a fat little goose." - Metua
#60beebarbPosted 11/16/2012 4:50:59 AM
@Paromin

I am not as "casual" as you think I am. I am just aware that many people just don't care about the underlying mechanics and just want to have fun.

I know it's not hard to produce a competitive quality Pokemon. I certainly try to do it, but I sometimes don't have the patience (and more often than that, the free time available) for the level grinding and EV training each and every time.

I know some hackers may have the decency to not hack to perfection but there are enough complete tools out there who do so to gain an unfair advantage that the fun is ruined for many.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644