This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Victini Event

#61ParominPosted 11/16/2012 5:55:37 AM
Again it doesn't matter.

You have no idea how casually your opponent plays. But creating a team that's nearly as competent as a perfectly hacked team isn't hard nor does it take that much effort. It's certainly within reasonable assumption.

Whatever small advantage granted by a hacked team is even further made insignificant by the RNG in the actual damage formula.

Maybe, just maybe, if you see a Pokemon carrying Hidden Power that suspiciously hits really hard and offers amazing coverage then sure maybe you can cry "hacker"

But other than Hidden Power, whatever losses, and how lopsided they are has much, much less to do with hacking but instead lie with your team's own faults.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone
Waiting for: SRW OG the 2nd
#62hyjinx17Posted 11/16/2012 5:57:18 AM
They're also getting a Kyogre/Groudon event to celebrate 10 year anniversary of Ruby and Saphire

Rest of the world gets Jack. Events should be world wide. I've argued that big games that sell extremely well all over the world like pokemon should get worldwide release at the same time, but there's really no excuse for japan getting events months before the rest of the world
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#63Serebii from SPP(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 5:58:25 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
They're also getting a Kyogre/Groudon event to celebrate 10 year anniversary of Ruby and Saphire

Rest of the world gets Jack. Events should be world wide. I've argued that big games that sell extremely well all over the world like pokemon should get worldwide release at the same time, but there's really no excuse for japan getting events months before the rest of the world

Yes there is. For Japan, Pokémon is a deep part of their culture. It's not the case in US or Europe so only the MAJOR events carry over
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#64TranquilSeaPosted 11/16/2012 5:59:48 AM
there's really no excuse for japan getting events months before the rest of the world

What's worse is many of those events don't even make it outside of Japan. I get that they're supposed to be special, but I do get a little jealous.
---
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
#65beebarbPosted 11/16/2012 6:06:47 AM
Paromin posted...
Again it doesn't matter.

You have no idea how casually your opponent plays. But creating a team that's nearly as competent as a perfectly hacked team isn't hard nor does it take that much effort. It's certainly within reasonable assumption.

Whatever small advantage granted by a hacked team is even further made insignificant by the RNG in the actual damage formula.

Maybe, just maybe, if you see a Pokemon carrying Hidden Power that suspiciously hits really hard and offers amazing coverage then sure maybe you can cry "hacker"

But other than Hidden Power, whatever losses, and how lopsided they are has much, much less to do with hacking but instead lie with your team's own faults.

Technically true, but not every person who plays online is a perfect team builder nor a person who knows anything about the underlying mechanics.

When a casual player comes up against a perfection hacker, they will lose more often than not as a result of an unfair advantage.

Hacking does by nature, modify a game's data and/or code in a way unintended by the developer, which is what makes it such a grey area topic of discussion.
There will always be those like myself who think it is wrong, and those who think it's alright. This is one subject that will never be settled (unless game companies pressure governments to make cheating devices illegal).
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#66Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/16/2012 6:08:44 AM
lol serebii likes being screwed by the rng

"how dare you get strings of code in a easier way"
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png
#67TranquilSeaPosted 11/16/2012 6:09:51 AM
Technically true, but not every person who plays online is a perfect team builder nor a person who knows anything about the underlying mechanics.

When a casual player comes up against a perfection hacker, they will lose more often than not as a result of an unfair advantage.

Hacking does by nature, modify a game's data and/or code in a way unintended by the developer, which is what makes it such a grey area topic of discussion.
There will always be those like myself who think it is wrong, and those who think it's alright. This is one subject that will never be settled (unless game companies pressure governments to make cheating devices illegal).

It's the responsibility of the person who desires playing competitively to do their research of the mechanics (and how to manipulate them) beforehand. A casual player who doesn't care about natures, EVs, and IVs will lose to anyone who has a competitive team (not just hackers).

The point is, hacking a team doesn't save much time, and once you're familiar with how the game works, making a team isn't particularly time consuming (especially now what we have the wonderful Join Avenue).
---
I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
#68WolfJouninPosted 11/16/2012 6:20:31 AM(edited)
Well, since you're not gonna take my question Serebii, we have by default established in this thread (well, it was known way before obviously...) that Pokemon is an unfair game, even if hacking the game did not exist, and even if we ignore things like critical hit chance and accuracy (even if you use all 100 accuracy moves, your opponent may not, and status chances and whatnot), and focus only on event Pokemon. If anyone in this thread agrees to this statement, then I salute you (for whatever it is worth), regardless of your stance on hacking. My point is don't complain about an unfair advantage from hacking if it is within the legal possible limits... there are plenty of bad ones without hacking, and there are even worse with hackers too of course that break the limits, but don't generalize.
---
Everything in life is a battle. Even peace itself is a battle to maintain it.
#69beebarbPosted 11/16/2012 6:24:12 AM(edited)
TranquilSea posted...
It's the responsibility of the person who desires playing competitively to do their research of the mechanics (and how to manipulate them) beforehand. A casual player who doesn't care about natures, EVs, and IVs will lose to anyone who has a competitive team (not just hackers).

The point is, hacking a team doesn't save much time, and once you're familiar with how the game works, making a team isn't particularly time consuming (especially now what we have the wonderful Join Avenue).

You are making an excellent point. All hackers are doing long-term is risking not being eligible for official tournaments (not that it matters where I am, because Nintendo doesn't have the decency to hold any qualification tournaments where I am so I can't even consider the possibility of entering the Pokemon "World" Championships).
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#70Teh_TiltyuPosted 11/16/2012 6:29:14 AM
The point is, hacking a team doesn't save much time

only if you RNG
---
"[Marlon] shaved [his nipples] off his chest to reduce water resistance when he swims." - HeyWheresKel
http://i.imgur.com/aONxd.png